Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

His name is Emmet and he looked under the muppet's mother's bonnet last night - he's a taxi driver during the day - he was just having a tweak at her headlamps......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

oh for goodness sake, caitriona is the worst actress ever!
    all she can do is scowl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Leo - Love him or loathe him; the man speaks the truth.

To Malachy tonight.."I'm happiest when I am working with my hands" :D

This lets nonsense is annoying; lets not any more of it please. I'd prefer to see Cass scheming his way through all of Carrigstown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

sam34 wrote: »
    oh for goodness sake, caitriona is the worst actress ever!
    all she can do is scowl.

Agreed! shes bad sooo bad:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭cjbh

LOL @ Zumo's name being Xavier :pac:

I've never understood the animosity towards Doug and Caitriona on here - they were/are always two of my favourite characters on FC!

Exactly how are they bad actors? Please explain. I know someone who is EXACTLY like Doug in real life! I think he plays the part of an obnoxious little gurrier very well!

IMO, I only ever really noticed 1 bad actor in FC, and that was Gina R.I.P. :pac: Now she was awful. But the rest are generally fine, I don't understand what people mean when they say bad acting - please define...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Ever since on the Miriam O'Callaghan show, Niamh mentioned she was a loud kisser, when I see scenes with herself and Paul kissing, I just can't stop laughing :D

Caitriona is a very pointless character, walks about the place not doing much :mad: Bring back Duncan.. :D

Loving Jo & Dermot still and where the heck have Heather & Brendan gone :eek::eek:

Leo is hilarious, I just laugh away at his scenes, great character. :D

Plea to Cleo: please stop pulling those horrid faces :mad: :mad:

cjbh wrote: »
    LOL @ Zumo's name being Xavier :pac:

I've never understood the animosity towards Doug and Caitriona on here - they were/are always two of my favourite characters on FC!

Exactly how are they bad actors? Please explain. I know someone who is EXACTLY like Doug in real life! I think he plays the part of an obnoxious little gurrier very well!

IMO, I only ever really noticed 1 bad actor in FC, and that was Gina R.I.P. :pac: Now she was awful. But the rest are generally fine, I don't understand what people mean when they say bad acting - please define...

Doug I like watching and enjoy his acting but Caitriona is bad..bad..bad....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

I agree regarding Catriona and Cleo, dreadful, dreadful actors.
    I like Doug though.
    I also cant abide Yvonne, her face pulling is almost as bad as Cleo's and her storyline with Louie is yawn!

I am soooooo in love with Cass though, im glad to see a few of you have seen the light about my man!!!:P I love his crafty ways "If the banks can do it, so can we!"

Also, Leo!! How can one man be so effortlessly funny?? I adore him!

...oh and Jo and Dermot! Great duo!

JaneyP wrote: »
    I agree regarding Catriona and Cleo, dreadful, dreadful actors.
    I like Doug though.
    I also cant abide Yvonne, her face pulling is almost as bad as Cleo's and her storyline with Louie is yawn!

I am soooooo in love with Cass though, im glad to see a few of you have seen the light about my man!!!:P I love his crafty ways "If the banks can do it, so can we!"

Also, Leo!! How can one man be so effortlessly funny?? I adore him!

...oh and Jo and Dermot! Great duo!

No I like Louie (very much so :p ) and Yvonne.. Cass has been quite funny lately I must admit and Jo & Dermot are very funny together, great partnership... as for Leo, he is a walking legend :D:D

The baby crying was so fake, it was making me laugh when they had her wrapped in a towel, it was obvious it was a doll LOL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

angel01 wrote: »
    The baby crying was so fake, it was making me laugh when they had her wrapped in a towel, it was obvious it was a doll LOL!

LOLLL yeah and it was on in the stereo in the background! Why can't they just have a baby, would be much easier to act around :confused:

Still loving Cass, but get Niamh and Paul out :mad:

Wish Zumo hadn't gotten such a mad character transplant...

New taxi driver's pretty dull.

Poor Louie though... aw... :(

Meller wrote: »
    LOLLL yeah and it was on in the stereo in the background! Why can't they just have a baby, would be much easier to act around :confused:

Still loving Cass, but get Niamh and Paul out :mad:

Wish Zumo hadn't gotten such a mad character transplant...

New taxi driver's pretty dull.

Poor Louie though... aw... :(

It is so unrealistic, the sound seemed to come from upstairs, while the baby was downstairs ;) :rolleyes:

Zumo goes back to his old tricks soon :p

I love Louie :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Why do Fair city actors stuggle to act?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I've never liked the character of louie since he was so mean but i feel so sorry for him now. :(
    doug is one of my favourite characters :D.
    the ones that i never liked were ursula (RIP) and dominic. Thank god they left. They were brutal actors and i never liked there characters either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

I've never liked the character of louie since he was so mean but i feel so sorry for him now. :(
    doug is one of my favourite characters :D.
    the ones that i never liked were ursula (RIP) and dominic. Thank god they left. They were brutal actors and i never liked there characters either!

Ursulas dead??? I just thought she was on a super long holiday and was loving that break from not seeing her on screen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Ursulas dead??? I just thought she was on a super long holiday and was loving that break from not seeing her on screen!!

she died in real life, didnt she?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

deelite wrote: »
    His name is Emmet and he looked under the muppet's mother's bonnet last night - he's a taxi driver during the day - he was just having a tweak at her headlamps......

Can't say I blame him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

she died in real life, didnt she?

Yes unfortunately she did pass away in real life

deelite wrote: »
    Yes unfortunately she did pass away in real life

I find it strange that they never mention her on screen though. Like when Malachy moved in with Dolores; there was no talk that he couldnt because it was/is Ursulas room.

Just going by other soaps; Emmerdale for example, when the actors playing Seth and Jack died, they were still mentioned regularly until their on screen death.

I was laughing away at Niamh & Paul and Dermot's reaction to the lets :D:D I also laughed when the fake baby cried :pac::pac: someone please write caitriona out and where has Sean gone :confused:

Poor Louie and looks bad for Yvonne :eek: though someone comes looking for her soon and Zumo's gran is a legend :cool::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

Zumo's gran is alright but why oh why does she have to wear that apron everywhere. i can understand when she is walking with her flowers carted behind her, but the pub, cafe and hospital as well. Does she wear it in bed as well!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

gidget wrote: »
    Zumo's gran is alright but why oh why does she have to wear that apron everywhere. i can understand when she is walking with her flowers carted behind her, but the pub, cafe and hospital as well. Does she wear it in bed as well!!

There's a mental picture I'll carry around for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Brigantia

yes, she wears it in bed in case she sleep walks and goes down to the kitchen to make the dinner:D

i laughed when the baby cried as well, it sounded like it was in the next house and not right there on screen.

lol I don't mind it.. I actually find it amusing.. sure most of the characters wear the same thing... Bela used to wear his brown jacket for years :D

A few examples ;)http://www.amnch.ie/kids/Photos/Fair%20City%20Calendar.jpg and http://www.independent.ie/multimedia/archive/00309/Jim_Herald_309896t.jpg

I think his gran is hilarious and I was laughing away when she was talking to Cass about Dolores and Malachy, it was really funny :pac::D

angel01 wrote: »
    lol I don't mind it.. I actually find it amusing.. sure most of the characters wear the same thing... Bela used to wear his brown jacket for years :D

A few examples ;)http://www.amnch.ie/kids/Photos/Fair%20City%20Calendar.jpg and http://www.independent.ie/multimedia/archive/00309/Jim_Herald_309896t.jpg

I think his gran is hilarious and I was laughing away when she was talking to Cass about Dolores and Malachy, it was really funny :pac::D

Is that the same jacket that Cass is wearing?

If what I read is correct; than Cass will be able to answer that question shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

I've gone off the whole Yvonne-Louie thing. I want him with somebody else now.

Love Zumo's gran :D Though I hate the way Zumo is caring, even if he's after something else and just acting. I preferred it when he just randomly appeared in dark corners every now and then, usually followed by Denzo or Decko or whoever else, rather than seemingly constantly hanging around Dolores :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Meller wrote: »
    Love Zumo's gran :D Though I hate the way Zumo is caring, even if he's after something else and just acting. I preferred it when he just randomly appeared in dark corners every now and then, usually followed by Denzo or Decko or whoever else, rather than seemingly constantly hanging around Dolores :mad:

Acting in Fair City? When did they write that in?

Acting in Fair City? When did they write that in?

Some people enjoy it, if you don't like it, post in the scrap fair city thread ;)
    Epicurus wrote: »
    Is that the same jacket that Cass is wearing?

haha :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

I preferred it when he just randomly appeared in dark corners every now and then, usually followed by Denzo or Decko or whoever else, rather than seemingly constantly hanging around Dolores

Speaking of Denzo and Decko, where the hell have they disappeared to?? When Zumo made his first appearance and was intimidating Dolores and getting feudy with Mark these two were stuck to Zumo like a plaster. I've only seen one of them since and that was when Lara was starting to come around after moving in with Dolores because he ripped her off over money. Nowadays there's no mention of them even Eileen hasn't said a word regarding them!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement