Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Is Louie leaving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

JP Liz wrote: »
    Is Louie leaving?

I wouldn't imagine so, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

It was funny when Yvonne thought he was drunk, till he gave her the glass.

padocon wrote: »
    It was funny when Yvonne thought he was drunk, till he gave her the glass.

I thought it just showed how little they trusted each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

angel01 wrote: »

Yes, I can't see them lasting as a couple. Particularly after all the stuff that's coming up. I wouldn't be surprised if we do see the end of Louie, as Liz suggested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

I know, what a weird relationship!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

cjbh wrote: »
    LOL @ Zumo's name being Xavier :pac:

I've never understood the animosity towards Doug and Caitriona on here - they were/are always two of my favourite characters on FC!

Exactly how are they bad actors? Please explain. I know someone who is EXACTLY like Doug in real life! I think he plays the part of an obnoxious little gurrier very well!

IMO, I only ever really noticed 1 bad actor in FC, and that was Gina R.I.P. :pac: Now she was awful. But the rest are generally fine, I don't understand what people mean when they say bad acting - please define...

caitriona is bad, imo, because she only uses one facial expression - she scowls and glowers and narrows her eyes - thats all she does.

she doesnt convey any range of emotion.

she comes across as wooden and awkward, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Please don't say Maureen is leaving...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Shakyfan wrote: »
    Please don't say Maureen is leaving...:(

what about adam? Surely he has to stay...right? :(
    Hope maureen doesnt leave. She can be great craic sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭cjbh

anyone know how much fair city actors make?

I remember something about Harry complaining a few years ago, but can't recall any figures?

• Advertisement

Spoiler for the week:

Cleo is unhappy when she finds out Malachy will be staying indefinitely. Later, Malachy and Dolores come across Zumo drinking with a pack of thugs. Zumo offers to get Dolores anything baby Jane might need off the black market.
    To help ease her tension, Malachy gives Dolores a back massage, but when he kisses her neck, she bolts. She tells him that she is not ready for any shift in the status quo of their relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Where's Mark (Damien's brother)?

And do I detect a brimming sexual tension between Paul and Catriona??

Loved last nights episode.. Dermot & Jo are fantastic, had me in hysterics. Just adore them :D:D

deelite wrote: »

:eek: gosh I hope not...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Spoiler for the week:

Cleo is unhappy when she finds out Malachy will be staying indefinitely. Later, Malachy and Dolores come across Zumo drinking with a pack of thugs. Zumo offers to get Dolores anything baby Jane might need off the black market.

Either I've got the ability to see into the future or I watched that last night! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

paul seems to have gotten it off with most of the women in carrigstown by now. Wouldnt be suprised if catriona is added to his list now. :P

Shakyfan wrote: »
    Either I've got the ability to see into the future or I watched that last night! :)

Sorry must be a mistake with the site...:o

Duncan's up to his old tricks but this time will Bela be fooled?Louie's making travel plans but is he taking Yvonne?
    Is Eileen Bishop out staying her welcome at Molloys? Paul has some paternal advice for Louie over a pint in McCoys.

Carol has big plans for Phelans, but is Christy listening to her?Louie plays the good samaratin much to Yvonne's surprise.
    Sarah is jealous of Duncan's lifestyle. Farrell's back in Carrigstown and is seeking Ali's advice. Eileen Bishop has some tough words for Zumo.

Farrell has a surprise for Carol. Paul and Yvonne resurrect the idea of a Mayor of Carrigstown. Cass and Eileen Bishop get caught in the act. Sarah warns Doug about Keith but does he listen?

Bela has a surprise instore for him at his party. Louie is convinced Yvonne's been up to no good and is looking to get his own back. Cleo wonders who's side is Robert on, hers or Dolores? Carol tells Farrell what she really thinks of Christy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

I hope not.

Although when Duncan first appeared hadn't he spent the night with Niamh; so it wouldnt be the first time they've shared a fella. Or was that Orla?

Epicurus wrote: »
    I hope not.

Although when Duncan first appeared hadn't he spent the night with Niamh; so it wouldnt be the first time they've shared a fella. Or was that Orla?

That was Orla. Niamh hated him for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

gogglebok wrote: »
    That was Orla. Niamh hated him for some reason.

She hated him because he stole their laptops in the morning.

Still though:

Orla & Niamh (Paul)
    Orla & Catriona (Duncan)
    Niamh & Catriona (Paul????)

It wouldnt suprise me; those girls do know how to share

Epicurus wrote: »
    She hated him because he stole their laptops in the morning.

Still though:

Orla & Niamh (Paul)
    Orla & Catriona (Duncan)
    Niamh & Catriona (Paul????)

It wouldnt suprise me; those girls do know how to share

It actually would make me sick to go off with your wifes younger sister. I think I will watch Jo & Dermot again now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

It actually would make me sick to go off with your wifes younger sister. I think I will watch Jo & Dermot again now :D

lol Love to have seen Joes list...................scatting and rimming :D:D

lol Love to have seen Joes list...................scatting and rimming :D:D

Dermot's face was priceless :D:D:D when they mentioned his cholesterol as well :pac::pac: I just adore those two!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Dermot's face was priceless :D:D:D when they mentioned his cholesterol as well :pac::pac: I just adore those two!!

Im not a fan of them but this was funny. His face was gas alright!:D I just cant imagine Joe even doing it with the lights on:DJesus Im over thinking it!!! help:D

Didn't yer man Mick Gleeson (dead - Louie's brother) nearly marry Helen (also dead in show) and then get it on with her sister (Yvonne). And Keith got it on with Una's (with the fada) sister. And Floyd got it on with his half sister.

I'm going to stick with my Catriona and Paul theory for the moment - I can't see who else he can sleep with - I can't see it being Orla or Sarah - but I hope who ever he does get it on with has a sexually transmitted disease (like crabs) - that would be fun - imagine passing that around Carrigstown - and Dr. Brendan would be very busy and then Heather could write a new book about it. And they could rename the show "Fairly Itchy".

I can't see who else he can sleep with - I can't see it being Orla or Sarah - but I hope who ever he does get it on with has a sexually transmitted disease (like crabs) - that would be fun - imagine passing that around Carrigstown - and Dr. Brendan would be very busy and then Heather could write a new book about it. And they could rename the show "Fairly Itchy".

Strangely enough, they did a story about crabs on Emmerdale about six months ago. Several of the older characters infected each other, I guess in an effort not to be "obvious" by pointing fingers at da yoot. It was just as bad as it sounds. I even think somebody resigned over it.

Do you think we can get Paddy Power to give odds on Paul's next lover? Orla 3/1, Caitriona 5/1, Keith 10/1, all the way down to Zumo's granny at 100/1?

More spoilers... Yvonne and Louie are having troubles trusting one another and at Louie's birthday party in Vino's, all hell breaks loose. Louie reveals Yvonne's dark secret that she has a son Stephen who was taken from her years ago due to her drug habit :eek: Bela is devastated and orders Yvonne out of his sight and Suzanne wants nothing to do with her...

Vino's closes and locked so Yvonne approaches Paul to act as arbitrator and Paul gets the business up and running and the sisters are back at war again and Yvonne feels its too late to patch things up, even Louie feels nothing for her anymore..

Duncan is back on the scene this time he arranges a party in Charlies house, moves all the ornaments and china out and the party gets out of hand when a lot of uninvited guests turn up (thanks to cass!) and Cass tries to recite poetry at the party lol.. Bela and Damien arrive and kick everyone out but Duncan promises the next party will be bigger and better! He then advertises for a new roommate without Belas permission and the first applicant is Zumo! Zumo bribes Duncan to use the house as a shebeen (unlicensed bar) twice a week!!

Robert and Cleo also feature and Robert explains that he is very inexperienced and Cleo tells him to take all the time he needs..

Carol gets a gift from Farrell of one of her old necklaces back (that she lost when the assets bureau took it off her) she doesn't want to know how he got it back but she is delighted. :D

Those spoilers look great.

Speaking of Duncan, I had a ridiculous pub conversation with an actor (not from Fair City) who claimed that Duncan is actually played by identical twins. Presumably this is so that both of them can turn up in McCoys some night, and all kinds of highjinks will ensue.

I'm sure I'm having my leg pulled, but it would be a brilliant twist. Does anyone know the guy/guys in real life? Has anyone heard anything?

• Advertisement

gogglebok wrote: »
    Those spoilers look great.

Speaking of Duncan, I had a ridiculous pub conversation with an actor (not from Fair City) who claimed that Duncan is actually played by identical twins. Presumably this is so that both of them can turn up in McCoys some night, and all kinds of highjinks will ensue.

I'm sure I'm having my leg pulled, but it would be a brilliant twist. Does anyone know the guy/guys in real life? Has anyone heard anything?

That's mad - but it's a great story - who was the actor with whom you were pinting with - go on tell.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement