Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

deelite wrote: »
    Didn't yer man Mick Gleeson (dead - Louie's brother) nearly marry Helen (also dead in show) and then get it on with her sister (Yvonne). And Keith got it on with Una's (with the fada) sister. And Floyd got it on with his half sister.

I'm going to stick with my Catriona and Paul theory for the moment - I can't see who else he can sleep with - I can't see it being Orla or Sarah - but I hope who ever he does get it on with has a sexually transmitted disease (like crabs) - that would be fun - imagine passing that around Carrigstown - and Dr. Brendan would be very busy and then Heather could write a new book about it. And they could rename the show "Fairly Itchy".

Not to mention the Nicola/Donal/Philippa love triangle.

I dont think Paul has been with Yvonne yet; its an option especially given whats coming up for her; would also continue on the sister angle; he having also been with Helen.

Also why are the bringing
    Farrell
    back? What possible reason does he have for being back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Epicurus wrote: »

I dont think Paul has been with Yvonne yet; its an option especially given whats coming up for her; would also continue on the sister angle; he having also been with Helen.

Farrell

Forgot all about Nicola/Donal & Phillipa. I think Farrell's real-life wife is a script writer and she knows he needs a job so she wrote him into the storyline (making this up as I go along.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Farrell
    mainly for Carol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

God that Sarah one looks brutal tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Trafford Lad

Yeah she looked rough alright...Cant believe how bad the acting is at times...that Zumo character and his "Ma"....terrible stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭cjbh

Yeah she looked rough alright...Cant believe how bad the acting is at times...that Zumo character and his "Ma"....terrible stuff.

that's his granny and I liked that scene very much

agreed on Sarah but I thought Carol looked amazing tonight

oh

and as if you would keep your cocaine loose in your opened bag :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

I don't agree with this at all, TraffordLad. I actually think Zumo is a breath of fresh air in the programme.

OK, he's a breath of foul scary air, but he's been doing some difficult things very well. We've seen him on screen as a complete thug, trying to frighten Dolores to death. Now he has to be concerned about the baby, and have a relationship with his grandmother, and I think he's doing it really well.

He hasn't just flipped his personality. He's keeping up both sides of the character. Fair play to the writers too - that scene where he has to apologise to Dolores for the third time, or where he offers to nick stuff for the baby. I thought that was great drama. And good acting.

You may be right about the granny, though. I haven't made up my mind there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Sarah has been looking a bit chunky recently. Is she pregnant ? They have given her Una's big handbag to carry around.

jos28 wrote: »
    Sarah has been looking a bit chunky recently. Is she pregnant ? They have given her Una's big handbag to carry around.

I was actually wondering the same, and ditto on the handbag!! Carol looks to have had her hair done she was looking well!

I thought that too. You may be on to something.

• Advertisement

cjbh wrote: »
    and as if you would keep your cocaine loose in your opened bag

The cocaine bag is a bit weird. It seemed to quadruple in size over the weekend. Yvonne was brandishing about a pound of it last night.

But why was it all in one bag anyway? Are we supposed to believe that when Zumo was selling it in the alleyway, he was measuring it out with a spoon?

It's comforting to know that none of the Fair City staff has an intimate knowledge of the drug industry, I suppose. But don't they have a researcher?

I think I missed some of Fair City, watched on the RTE player and it ended suddenly with no preview of the next episode. I adore Zumo and it is his gran not his ma ;) I really want her to get with Cass :D

Though unless I missed some... there was no Niamh and Paul and even worse... no Dermot & Jo :(:(:(

gogglebok wrote: »
    The cocaine bag is a bit weird. It seemed to quadruple in size over the weekend. Yvonne was brandishing about a pound of it last night.

But why was it all in one bag anyway? Are we supposed to believe that when Zumo was selling it in the alleyway, he was measuring it out with a spoon?

It's comforting to know that none of the Fair City staff has an intimate knowledge of the drug industry, I suppose. But don't they have a researcher?

Unless he went and bought more?

angel01 wrote: »
    Unless he went and bought more?

Yeah, maybe. I hate when people do things between episodes. They should all go into suspended animation as soon as the credits roll.

Yeah, maybe. I hate when people do things between episodes. They should all go into suspended animation as soon as the credits roll.

lol true. I feel like I have missed some of the episode and feel like going aaaaaaaargh!!

Edit: It is fixed now :D

deelite wrote: »
    That's mad - but it's a great story - who was the actor with whom you were pinting with - go on tell.

Never! :cool:

God I hate that Sarah, shes one ugly looking yoke! even the rotten laugh on the bitch bugs me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Why when Cass was taking the photo was there no baby in the buggy??? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭cjbh

and pray tell, where do you get your intimate knowlege of the drug industry?! :P
    Shakyfan wrote: »
    Why when Cass was taking the photo was there no baby in the buggy??? :rolleyes:

In fairness I imagine new-born babies are a nightmare to work with. Personally I never even noticed. Nor do I notice things like who has who's handbag this week...but fair play to all who do

LOL @ Eileen posing today. I really like her and Zumo and I hope they keep them as regulars and not just ditch them in limbo as soon as their current storyline expires, as has happened to so many of our fallen FC comrades :( (where is Mark?) :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Mark is out celebrating his Leaving cert results tonight(according to my source)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Mark is out celebrating his Leaving cert results tonight(according to my source)

Ah so thats why he hasn't been in it in ages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sandwichboard

In fairness I imagine new-born babies are a nightmare to work with.

Not to mention child labour laws...

and pray tell, where do you get your intimate knowlege of the drug industry?! :P

:eek: From the Discovery Channel, I swear!
    @ Eileen posing today. I really like her and Zumo and I hope they keep them as regulars and not just ditch them in limbo as soon as their current storyline expires, as has happened to so many of our fallen FC comrades

Completely agree. Zumo is really something new. I know everyone loved Billy Meehan, but he was a bit of a caricature "gangster" type. Zumo and his family seem much a more realistic kind of criminal element. It would be a shame if they got dropped.

Not that I have any intimate knowledge of the criminal element... ;)

Rubbing my magical mystical Turlough-looking stubble, I have had a vision of the future of Carrigstown. OK, it's a fairly obvious point. It looks like Charlie is coming back, and it looks like he's going to walk into the house while a debauched party is in full swing.

But what's going to happen then? My money is on a heart attack, possibly in a row with Duncan and Zumo. It would be great if he took them into a back room to scold them, they shouted at him, and he died. They would pretend nothing was wrong, and go back to the party. The end.

The next episode, they decide to get rid of the body - or Zumo does it without even telling Duncan. It was a surprise visit, after all, and they don't want to be convicted of manslaughter. Particularly with Deegan looking for anything to pin on Zumo (maybe they've had another run in).

What do you think? If any Fair City heads are reading, I'm available evenings and weekends. Wait till you hear the stories I have for Jo and Dermot, when they finally get out of bed. :D

Good episode last night. Is Louie going to help Yvonne get her son back?

What a cracking episode of Fair City last night, really enjoyed it. The Louie & Yvonne stuff was brilliant and really good to watch... I had a dream about Louie last night :o:eek:

No Dermot & Jo though :(:( never makes me happy when they are not on either... loving Zumo and his gran... they are brill :D

Want Heather & Brendan back too :eek: actually Tracey has gone a bit quiet also :(

He can stay written out of Fair City for me. Useless & Pointless character for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Looks as if Christy was a bit jealous of Farrell and Carol last night. It wasnt that long ago that she was practically dead to him over the Floyd/Brendan story. I wonder has Farrell changed though; dont want to see Carol dragged down again.

Didnt Bela say something to Paul the other night about a Carrigstown centenary celebration; surely an event of that magnitude would bring Charlie back

Charlie for Mayor of Carrigstown!

Looks as if Christy was a bit jealous of Farrell and Carol last night. It wasnt that long ago that she was practically dead to him over the Floyd/Brendan story. I wonder has Farrell changed though; dont want to see Carol dragged down again.

Didnt Bela say something to Paul the other night about a Carrigstown centenary celebration; surely an event of that magnitude would bring Charlie back

Charlie for Mayor of Carrigstown!

Yes Christy becomes jealous and tries to go for Carol. Farrell to me will never change but he knows how to get around Carol...

In his profile on the Fair City site it says:

Charlie was persuaded to return to Toronto with her and Mags, but Charlie's heart will always be in Carrigstown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I've got 2 questions :

1. Did Yvonne have a "coke" problem before she left for Australlia?

2. Do you remember the school kids were building a shelter for the elderly - did that ever come about?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement