Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

deelite wrote: »
    I've got 2 questions :

1. Did Yvonne have a "coke" problem before she left for Australlia?

2. Do you remember the school kids were building a shelter for the elderly - did that ever come about?

In answer to your first question... she did try to kill herself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yvonne_Gleeson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

I've got 2 questions :

1. Did Yvonne have a "coke" problem before she left for Australlia?

2. Do you remember the school kids were building a shelter for the elderly - did that ever come about?

There was some problem with the application Dermot had to make to the council, and the planning permission didn't go through.

Yes, it was just as riveting as it sounds. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Thanx gogglebook now that it's just us two here at the moment - who was the actor you were drinking with....

Thanx gogglebook now that it's just us two here at the moment - who was the actor you were drinking with....

Check your PMs. ;)

I've got no pm's - try again please.....

• Advertisement

I've sent you a pm gogglebox hope you enjoy.....

gogglebok wrote: »
    There was some problem with the application Dermot had to make to the council, and the planning permission didn't go through.

Yes, it was just as riveting as it sounds. :(

I thought that was about the computers :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

angel01 wrote: »
    I thought that was about the computers :confused:

The computers thing was dermot didnt get the grant application in on time.

I cant fully remember the planning permission thing but wasnt the site on the ruins of some historical site or something uncovered by charlie kelly>>???

here did charlie go because the daughter won the lotto and they were getting terrorised??

The computers thing was dermot didnt get the grant application in on time.

I cant fully remember the planning permission thing but wasnt the site on the ruins of some historical site or something uncovered by charlie kelly>>???

OK, that does ring a bell. I think Dermot was a fault in some way too, but I really can't remember the details. I could be completely wrong.
    here did charlie go because the daughter won the lotto and they were getting terrorised??

Mags really wanted to go to Canada with the daughter. Charlie didn't want to, but when they were terrorised in the house I think he decided that Carrigstown wasn't what it used to be.

If he does come back, he's going to have a lot of money to splash around. That will be interesting for Bela, who is struggling to pay the nursing home fees, etc.

Thanks, it rings a bell now come to think of it... looking forward to tonights.. I loved the scenes with Yvonne and Louie... really good drama.

I think it was basically a story to write Mags out with... I think Charlie will come back sometime. Did they take the grandson with them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Just realised that Tim (Leo's business partner in the taxi firm - the one with the cute Russian wife) hasn't been around for ages

Shakyfan wrote: »
    Just realised that Tim (Leo's business partner in the taxi firm - the one with the cute Russian wife) hasn't been around for ages

No he hasn't and to be honest, I don't miss him either :o

angel01 wrote: »
    No he hasn't and to be honest, I don't miss him either :o

oh god that mentallist!! did he not go cracked and was a complete control freak and sergi was trying to get into the wife olga??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

I seem to remember Tim went to Russia with his wife?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

can anyone rememebr what was the story behind yvonne going to australia?

was she involved in a hit and run with some fella, and if she was, who was he?

or am i mixing her up with soemone else?

sam34 wrote: »
    can anyone rememebr what was the story behind yvonne going to australia?

was she involved in a hit and run with some fella, and if she was, who was he?

or am i mixing her up with soemone else?

Was she having an affair on mike or something an fecked off there with the lad she was playing away with?? Richard?? was there a Richard mixed up there somewhere...........??

I think he was a barrister or something and I think that hit and run thing is ringing bells now.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MLE

Your both right, she was having an affair on mike with the barrister, he had brown curly hair and he was in a hit and run while drink driving so they fled the country. She got pregnant by the affair

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

Loved tonight's episode - the scene with Cleo & Robert talking to Cass & Bishop Granny at the front door was just wonderful :pac: Them with their "she'll be a grand oul model at two months old!! We heard it's good for them on THE RADIO" and Robert with his "yea, 13 rows from the back, scientifically proven best cinema position" and Cleo just standing there, seemingly pretty unphased. It was incredible!!

I don't remember what Fair City was like without Cass :confused: I hope people have started to like him, it would be so dull without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭cjbh

I've got 2 questions :

Yes, I remember this, it took ages (drawn out storyline) but they achieved it in the end. I remember there was a celebration in the school and Adam had to give a speech, which Lauren (McAleer's daughter) helped him with, and he was embarrassed cos he had a crush on her. And Mark got a big thanks and Ursula was happy and all...

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭cjbh

Meller wrote: »
    Loved tonight's episode - the scene with Cleo & Robert talking to Cass & Bishop Granny at the front door was just wonderful :pac: Them with their "she'll be a grand oul model at two months old!! We heard it's good for them on THE RADIO" and Robert with his "yea, 13 rows from the back, scientifically proven best cinema position" and Cleo just standing there, seemingly pretty unphased. It was incredible!!

I loved that scene as well! Robert made me laugh; "If they're blues and yellows, then technically they're greens". LOL. He seems to have a real unique charm to his character

Oh and just remembered from the other night:
    Zumo: (to Louis) sorry pal, you must have me mistaken for someone else
    Eileen: you don't have a face that could be mistaken
    :D

• Advertisement

MLE wrote: »
    Your both right, she was having an affair on mike with the barrister, he had brown curly hair and he was in a hit and run while drink driving so they fled the country. She got pregnant by the affair

Are we assuming that's who's sending her the clackers from Barcelona? I hope not. All he ever did was look huffy.

MInd you, I thought much the same about Anthony Farrell, but he was good last night. I loved that scene in the spa - "It's a good time to have a few quid." You could see the coldness behind the sleazy come-ons. For a minute he looked like a real villain.

cjbh wrote: »
    Yes, I remember this, it took ages (drawn out storyline) but they achieved it in the end. I remember there was a celebration in the school and Adam had to give a speech, which Lauren (McAleer's daughter) helped him with, and he was embarrassed cos he had a crush on her. And Mark got a big thanks and Ursula was happy and all...

Thanx for that but why oh why isn't Cass living there then????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

AAAAAAARRRRGGH!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

This Louie/Yvonne thing is driving me barmy!! He's so dull and she constantly has an expression of confusion/fear. Like shes just remembered she has left the oven on.

I just watched the episode online and skipped all their scenes. The episode lasted about 5 minutes!! I hope the writers arent trying to make another Niamh/Paul power couple.

MaryCat! wrote: »

This Louie/Yvonne thing is driving me barmy!! He's so dull and she constantly has an expression of confusion/fear. Like shes just remembered she has left the oven on.

I just watched the episode online and skipped all their scenes. The episode lasted about 5 minutes!! I hope the writers arent trying to make another Niamh/Paul power couple.

power couple :D Paul sells dodgey cars in a backstreet garage and by the look of it niamh cant even afford a colour touch up! as for their personalities, the two of them are two moany bastids!

agree though about the louis yvonne scenes, they make me want to hurt strangers:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

MaryCat! wrote: »

Aww Louie's not dull *continues to blindly jump to his defense* :P I am a bit confused as to where they're going with Yvonne and Louie though, getting them both into cocaine?? Whaaat? Really? I suppose they could use it to start a new gangsters storyline and bring Mick & co. back, then have Louie and Yvonne get mixed up in it with a dramatic death at the end (as long as it's not Louie, that wouldn't be cool).

Can we all send Robert fanmail to RTE??! I wonder if they realize how much people love him because they're being very scimpy with the scenes that he's in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Meller wrote: »
    Aww Louie's not dull *continues to blindly jump to his defense* :P I am a bit confused as to where they're going with Yvonne and Louie though, getting them both into cocaine?? Whaaat? Really? I suppose they could use it to start a new gangsters storyline and bring Mick & co. back, then have Louie and Yvonne get mixed up in it with a dramatic death at the end (as long as it's not Louie, that wouldn't be cool).

Can we all send Robert fanmail to RTE??! I wonder if they realize how much people love him because they're being very scimpy with the scenes that he's in.

I have notest that they aren't doing much with the Robbert Cleo story. I know Mark is doing the LC and can't be in Fair City but its farly anoying when all his family, friends ect are in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Earth Dweller

Last nights episode was friggin brilliant, never laughed so much when cass was going on about making a portfolio for jane and the bear outfit they had the child in!!!

lol thats so true about Yvonne's expression, she doesnt look she was a junkie not long ago either like

Another cracking episode! I love Zumos gran and Cass. They work so well together :D

I love the Louie and Yvonne stuff. I think that is boiling along nicely... More Louie on the telly please :D:D

I was thinking I wonder will they bring Bellas kids/grandkids back, give him more of a role.

No Jo & Dermot AGAIN :(:(:(

PMSL at Eileen talking about how well Zumo turned out, made me giggle :D

Last nights episode was friggin brilliant, never laughed so much when cass was going on about making a portfolio for jane and the bear outfit they had the child in!!!

lol thats so true about Yvonne's expression, she doesnt look she was a junkie not long ago either like

So what does a supposed junkie look like? A lot of professionals are coke takers and they may look like you or me:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I have asked before, but there wasn't really an answer - is the actress who plays Rita (Bella's wife) ill in "real-life"?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement