Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

angel01 wrote: »
    Another cracking episode! I love Zumos gran and Cass. They work so well together :D

The perfect match!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭cjbh

padocon wrote: »
    I have notest that they aren't doing much with the Robbert Cleo story. I know Mark is doing the LC and can't be in Fair City but its farly anoying when all his family, friends ect are in it.

I cannot even remember when Cleo last had a proper storyline

Do you think they will bring Lara back? It seems that would really open a can of worms if Lara came back and wanted the baby, what with all the arrangements Dolores and co. have at the mo.

Something I don't understand (i missed a few months): if Lara had AIDS, how was Zumo her boyfriend? :confused: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Earth Dweller

So what does a supposed junkie look like? A lot of professionals are coke takers and they may look like you or me:rolleyes:

yeah but she was so bad her child got taken off her, i know people who take hard drugs but arent junkies like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

deelite wrote: »
    I have asked before, but there wasn't really an answer - is the actress who plays Rita (Bella's wife) ill in "real-life"?

Yes she is ill in real life :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

cjbh wrote: »
    Something I don't understand (i missed a few months): if Lara had AIDS, how was Zumo her boyfriend? :confused: :eek:

Zumo is tougher than AIDS. Zumo smacks death in the head and death calls him Sir.

Either that or he's a very responsible young man, who faced up with intelligence and courage to the challenge of living with a HIV-positive partner.

Or maybe she didn't tell him.... There could be a story there, do you think?

• Advertisement

RTE pic featuring some fair city stars:

RTE_I_381402t.jpg

Soap star Jamie Belton was once one of our biggest TV heartthrobs, charming a nation of Fair City fans as sexy womaniser Ross.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/fair-city-star-jamie-will-show-you-to-your-table-1856443.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Soap star Jamie Belton was once one of our biggest TV heartthrobs, charming a nation of Fair City fans as sexy womaniser Ross.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/fair-city-star-jamie-will-show-you-to-your-table-1856443.html

I googled imaged him and know the face but cant for the life of me remember his role in fair city???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

He was ??? :confused::confused:

jos28 wrote: »
    He was ??? :confused::confused:

Here was some of his storylines: http://www.rte.ie/tv/theafternoonshow/1037428.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Yes she is ill in real life :(

Very sad to hear that she is ill - do you know what's wrong with her?

deelite wrote: »
    Very sad to hear that she is ill - do you know what's wrong with her?

I am not fully sure but she isn't well I am afraid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

I hope Lara doesn't come back. Maybe to sign the baby away to new guardians, but I'm not bothered with yet another tedious bad teenage parent storyline. I much prefer Jane being randomly tossed around between so many people, it leaves so many more options open. :pac: When she grows up she's going to be a big mish-mash of Cass, Eileen, Malachy, Dolores, Cleo, Robert... it'll be fantastic!

Edit: Also, I've just remembered that Louie is Mike's brother. I'd forgotten that for months and it now seems very odd to me... Yvonne was married to Mike for years and never heard about his druggie brother...

Meller wrote: »
    I hope Lara doesn't come back. Maybe to sign the baby away to new guardians, but I'm not bothered with yet another tedious bad teenage parent storyline. I much prefer Jane being randomly tossed around between so many people, it leaves so many more options open. :pac: When she grows up she's going to be a big mish-mash of Cass, Eileen, Malachy, Dolores, Cleo, Robert... it'll be fantastic!

Edit: Also, I've just remembered that Louie is Mike's brother. I'd forgotten that for months and it now seems very odd to me... Yvonne was married to Mike for years and never heard about his druggie brother...

Louie and Mike were probably not close and there was no reason to mention him, not all families are close and some people don't want to talk about their family.

Louie and Mike were probably not close and there was no reason to mention him, not all families are close and some people don't want to talk about their family.

Close enough to lend him 10k and leave everything to him in his will though :pac: Upon arrival Louie seemed to have a fair idea of what was going on, telling Yvonne 'Mike told me all about you' and such.

Maclean didn't make it through the boxing programme :(

Close enough to lend him 10k and leave everything to him in his will though :pac: Upon arrival Louie seemed to have a fair idea of what was going on, telling Yvonne 'Mike told me all about you' and such.

Fair enough, but for a lot of my friends and neighbours, I never mention my brother, doesn't mean he doesn't exist. Not everyone has to tell everyone everything about their lives...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Maybe Renee wasn't the only one dealing with Turlough :pac:

I enjoyed tonights episode. I loved their reaction :eek: looks like the family ties have been severed for Yvonne :eek:

Cass, Eileen and Zumo had me in hysterics again :D:D PMSL at Cass's dancing :D:D

I am not feeling this sudden feeling of love Christy has for Carol... I would much prefer Carol with Leo :D

I am not feeling this sudden feeling of love Christy has for Carol... I would much prefer Carol with Leo :D

That would be a great love triangle - Leo, Carol and Tracey.

Another brilliant episode tonight. It's really returning to form.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Have to say Cass and zumo are really growing on me. I didnt like cass but hes growing on me a lot lately:)

gogglebok wrote: »
    That would be a great love triangle - Leo, Carol and Tracey.

Another brilliant episode tonight. It's really returning to form.

Oh yes, that would be fantastic...

It was really good last night. I was loving it. I read that Louie gets jealous when it seems Paul is going to pay Yvonne a lot of attention... Niamh won't like that either :eek:

On another note, I just noticed last night, Louie has amazing eyes :o:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Earth Dweller

Poor Yvonne last night :(

Poor Yvonne last night :(

To be honest, she deserves it.. she lied to her family all this time and put the guilttrip on Louie and others... though I loved the reveal :D

This week looks good :D

000284ad-545.jpg

How will Carol get Christy to take her position in Phelans more seriously?Yvonne turns to Paul when Bela ignores her but what has Suzanne to say about it all?
    Dean gives all the wrong advice. Zumo makes Duncan offer he can't refuse.
      000284af-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 134

Wednesday August 19th

Carol is taken a back by Farrell's genreous gift.
      Louie thinks that the Doyle's need an outsider to sit down with them and sort out their issues, Bela agrees.
      Damien resists Bela's offer to work at Vinos. Keith and Dean open Duncan's eyes to what's really going on at Kellys.

000284b1-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 135

Thursday August 20th

Robert and Cleo have a heart to heart - but where is their realationship going?
        Suzanne keeps at Yvonne which escalates the fued even more. Bela is at his wits end the girls and sits them both down.
        Ali is disgusted at Carol and her new sutier. Louie is feeling bitter and isn't shy about letting Yvonne know.

000284b3-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 136

Sunday August 22nd

Yvonne and Louie's realationship is on the rocks - will they be able to salvage anything. In Kelly's, Duncan is left to clean up Zumo's mess.
          Is Robert really ready to move to the next level with Cleo?
          Ali has a tip for Christy, will it pay off?

Yay, lots of Robert to come this week. :D And Robert + Dean are wonderful together, loving the sound of Dean giving him more advice. :P

Christy's confession about Carol was a bit strange though, o_O. Wasn't expecting that and not really feelin it tbh. Friends is all lovely but eh, no, not really into the other idea.

Yay, lots of Robert to come this week. :D And Robert + Dean are wonderful together, loving the sound of Dean giving him more advice. :P

Christy's confession about Carol was a bit strange though, o_O. Wasn't expecting that and not really feelin it tbh. Friends is all lovely but eh, no, not really into the other idea.

I am missing Jo & Dermot so much :(:( it isn't the same but please Fair City, keep on giving Eileen, Cass and Zumo more airtime. Eileen and Zumo are hilarious together, especially the remarks she makes about him :D

I should have more spoilers either tomorrow or Wednesday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭cjbh

Eileen and Zumo are hilarious together, especially the remarks she makes about him :D

Yeah, such as when she called him 'a right thick'. :D
          There was lots of great comedy in Sunday's episode.

I personally am feeling the Christy unrequited love angle. He is old and lonely and Carol is beautiful so yes, I think that storyline is realistic, and no, I don't think Carol will bite.

Pity to see Maclean knocked out of the competition - but Damian is another character who doesn't really do much... He always seems a kind of background character or support to Suzanne. I think the writers should be fair and share out the strong storylines amongst the characters more so than they do.

Oh

and I believe Zumo has worn the same tracksuit every episode that I have seen him in :D

Pity to see Maclean knocked out of the competition - but Damian is another character who doesn't really do much... He always seems a kind of background character or support to Suzanne. I think the writers should be fair and share out the strong storylines amongst the characters more so than they do.

I agree with you. He seems to be a very strong actor, but he never gets much to do. The psychological stuff between himself and Suzanne was interesting, and there was another hint of it last night when Yvonne was talking about how Suzanne would be as a mother. There seems to be an awful lot of issues in the relationship, and it woul be good to see them blow up.

Some funny stuff for Damien would be good too.

Eileen and Zumo are hilarious together, especially the remarks she makes about him :D

Yeah, such as when she called him 'a right thick'. :D
          There was lots of great comedy in Sunday's episode.

I personally am feeling the Christy unrequited love angle. He is old and lonely and Carol is beautiful so yes, I think that storyline is realistic, and no, I don't think Carol will bite.

Oh

and I believe Zumo has worn the same tracksuit every episode that I have seen him in :D

lol Zumo has but who cares. I think he is brilliant. I love him and Eileen, best characters for me at the moment :D

Best lines for me last night:

Eileen: Pity I couldn't have afforded you a good education, you turned out a real thick" :D:D

• Advertisement
        • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

I agree, Robert and Dean are a fabulous duo. Yay, to Dean coming back too, he's been gone for a while. :D Hope Kylie doesnt follow him!:mad: I agree with whomever gave out about Louie and Yvonne, I too find him very dull, and his voice is monotonous.
          I love that Carol is finally getting a big storyline. Love her

This discussion has been closed.
        Advertisement