Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

JaneyP wrote: »
    I agree, Robert and Dean are a fabulous duo. Yay, to Dean coming back too, he's been gone for a while. :D Hope Kylie doesnt follow him!:mad: I agree with whomever gave out about Louie and Yvonne, I too find him very dull, and his voice is monotonous.
    I love that Carol is finally getting a big storyline. Love her

:eek: I love Louie... I think he is brilliant :D

There is a really lovely interview with Aisling O'Neill who plays Carol in TVNow this week, looks like her and Christy have big plans :D

Spoilers coming up...

Things have been tough for Yvonne, her family hate her, she has split up from Louie and not many have time for her in Carrigstown.. Yvonne then breaks down in Bela's arms when noone is looking... then an old friend turns up from Australia called Connie. Connie is hurt when Yvonne implies she hasn't told the Doyles about her and then admits they aren't speaking to her.. Connie then meets Bela and Suzanne and is shocked to see how much Suzanne hates her own sister. Louie wants to remain civilised with Yvonne and Yvonne is dismissive of his suggestion and then Louie and Connie meet up, Louie offers Connie a job in Vino's, when Connie arrives for her first shift, Yvonne is not happy.

Cleo and Robert take the next step in their relationship and Orla isn't happy and decides to get herself back in the dating game and registers for internet dating sites, Robert warns Orla that you get the worst kind of men this way. Keith volunteers to line up a blind date for Orla and he lines up Cass!! Orla is not impressed!

Cass convinces Doug to run for Carrigstown mayor and Cass will be his campaign manager, Doug is amused and Dermot is outraged.

Christy is still chasing Carol and gives her a bunch of flowers, she agrees to a date on the basis that they are such good friends, Christy is deflated.

Doug finds that he is good at politics and impresses Dermot with his ideas for the community. Could this be a new career for Doug!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

deelite wrote: »
    I wonder is Suzanne going to fall into Louie's deep blue eyes.

I've a feeling this might happen also :P

JP Liz wrote: »
    I've a feeling this might happen also :P

They are lovely to look at though :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

Ewww Louie can do better than Suzanne
    But yea, couldn't blame her either :pac:

Robert's so wonderful AHAHAHHAA, his thumbs up... "was it mean enough??". HAHAHA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

Suzanne is really really irritating me this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Alice1 wrote: »
    Suzanne is really really irritating me this evening!

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

I too like the Deen "big brother" with Robert!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭cjbh

Meller wrote: »
    Ewww Louie can do better than Suzanne
    But yea, couldn't blame her either :pac:

Robert's so wonderful AHAHAHHAA, his thumbs up... "was it mean enough??". HAHAHA

I LOL'd at Robert today too, esp. when he was trying to be mean to Cleo; "well don't go to the pub then!" :D He is so innocent.

As for the spoiler,
    should be interesting to see Doug run for mayor?! :confused: Will be interesting to see if his acting skills stretch beyond petulant youth, I really hope so as I like him

Day 21* of the Zumo tracksuit watch: Still the same :D

*actual number may be more or less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

What would anyone think of a Lads Only episode? I'm just watching tonight's, and thinking you could have great crack with Dean, Duncan, Keith, and Robert on some kind of big night out. Add Leo, Zumo, Cass, Louie for the coke (and the eyes :rolleyes:), Christy and Malachy for the slapstick, Paul for the voice of reason, Damien because he is Fair City's Untapped Treasure (TM), Bob because he's a genius, and Bela because he's better this last week than I've ever seen him. You'd have the makings of a great hour-long special.

I'm not sure how the female-only episode would do. There doesn't seem to be the same range of fun. Do they need some new women, I wonder? There's an awful lot of moaniness in the current crew.

Good episode again tonight. ("I take it that the stories of sailors and their exploits with women have some basis in fact." :P) That's six or seven good ones in a row. Are these new writers, or is it just a lucky streak?

• Advertisement

cjbh wrote: »
    I LOL'd at Robert today too, esp. when he was trying to be mean to Cleo; "well don't go to the pub then!" :D He is so innocent.

Brilliant, brilliant character.

Lol'ed at Tracksuitwatch. :D Poor old Zumo.

PS Laughing at tomorrow's episode already. "Is it the lack of intercourse?" :D:D:D I vow that I'm going to say that at least once at work tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I'm not sure how the female-only episode would do. There doesn't seem to be the same range of fun. Do they need some new women, I wonder? There's an awful lot of moaniness in the current crew.

What they could do is this - Zumo's granny organises an Ann Summers Party - and she could do some of the modelling.

I thought it was an okay episode, not as much fun as I didn't see Zumo's granny and her brilliant one liners :D No Jo & Dermot either :( and still no sign of Heather and Brendan :eek: though we did have Carol... where has Tracy vanished to and I am glad Kylie has gone off the radar again and has Pete done a runner or what :eek:

On the upside, am loving Zumo :D

Is an affair on the cards for Paul maybe with Yvonne

JP Liz wrote: »
    Is an affair on the cards for Paul maybe with Yvonne

I am not sure because Yvonne's relationship finishes but who knows if it is for good and the spoiler I posted earlier claims Niamh won't be happy either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

I don't like the Pete, Dug, Adam & Maureen story at all! Talk of doom & gloom. I did like the Adam, Dug, Mark & Rosin story-line, but that seems to have gone out the window!

What does everyone think of the Bishops kind act? There is no gangsta in FC now, its a bit disappointing.

Shemaus Mc's Daughter has not been in FC in ages & ages! Charlie & Mags have not been in it for a bit, I understand she is ill. What about Clide. Not that I ever liked him, I didn't mind him but its been years!

Anyone know where the above characters are gone? And the real actors/actress?
    Anyone else missing with ages?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

For the first time in ages I found myself watching Fair City last night and was presently surprised that I enjoyed it. Can anybody tell me who the character is who is squatting (I think) in the house? He was talking to a guy in a tracksuit in the sitting room who was giving him wads of fifty euro notes?

I think his name is Duncan but I could be wrong. Anyway he has THE most annoying accent I have ever heard. He also looks like a rat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

gazzer wrote: »
    For the first time in ages I found myself watching Fair City last night and was presently surprised that I enjoyed it. Can anybody tell me who the character is who is squatting (I think) in the house? He was talking to a guy in a tracksuit in the sitting room who was giving him wads of fifty euro notes?

I think his name is Duncan but I could be wrong. Anyway he has THE most annoying accent I have ever heard. He also looks like a rat :D

Yes, that is Duncan. A brief history of the strange Duncan:

- First appeared with Orlaith as some guy she met at some club who annoyed Niamh by parading around the house with no clothes on. He later stole both of their laptops and did a runner.

- Got a job in the Northside Post newspaper alongside Barry and Sarah.

- Got with Catriona, and lots of forgettable arguments and boring other things happened between them. Gave her mother a Cannabis plant, etc. When her mother died he took advantage of the family connections and wrote an article about them, which resulted in everybody in Carrigstown hating him even more than they already had previously.

- He is now 'looking after' Charlie's flat while Charlie is in Canada.

gazzer wrote: »

Duncan is a great character though :D

• Advertisement

padocon wrote: »
    I don't like the Pete, Dug, Adam & Maureen story at all! Talk of doom & gloom. I did like the Adam, Dug, Mark & Rosin story-line, but that seems to have gone out the window!

What does everyone think of the Bishops kind act? There is no gangsta in FC now, its a bit disappointing.

Shemaus Mc's Daughter has not been in FC in ages & ages! Charlie & Mags have not been in it for a bit, I understand she is ill. What about Clide. Not that I ever liked him, I didn't mind him but its been years!

Anyone know where the above characters are gone? And the real actors/actress?
    Anyone else missing with ages?

I think Zumo is quite realistic as the local thug and his gran rocks :D I didn't go for the kids storylines, keep Doug and Adam and bin the others for me. Charlie (IMO) will come back sometime, Mags is probably gone for good.

I wish Bob and Renee would come back though :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Looks like Cleo is going to be getting some nookie:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

Does anyone think Robert (cleo's boyfriend) is hilarious???
    Tonight he came out with ''is it because of lack of intercourse?''
    He cracks me up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

Just noticed the last 2 nights that Aisling O'Neill who plays Carol seems to be wearing very loose clothing and seems to have a bit of a bump. Does anyone know if she is pregnant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Mialuvzfun!

Does anyone think Robert (cleo's boyfriend) is hilarious???
    Tonight he came out with ''is it because of lack of intercourse?''
    He cracks me up!!
    OMG Me 2!! i love him!! haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Mialuvzfun!

gogglebok wrote: »
    What would anyone think of a Lads Only episode? I'm just watching tonight's, and thinking you could have great crack with Dean, Duncan, Keith, and Robert on some kind of big night out. Add Leo, Zumo, Cass, Louie for the coke (and the eyes :rolleyes:), Christy and Malachy for the slapstick, Paul for the voice of reason, Damien because he is Fair City's Untapped Treasure (TM), Bob because he's a genius, and Bela because he's better this last week than I've ever seen him. You'd have the makings of a great hour-long special.

Good episode again tonight. ("I take it that the stories of sailors and their exploits with women have some basis in fact." :P) That's six or seven good ones in a row. Are these new writers, or is it just a lucky streak?
    Luv it! lads only episode :) and i agree they need more interesting girls.. i like carol and dolores at times but they need younger cool people..

Amberjack wrote: »
    Just noticed the last 2 nights that Aisling O'Neill who plays Carol seems to be wearing very loose clothing and seems to have a bit of a bump. Does anyone know if she is pregnant?

She didn't mention it in her interview, she did talk about her child though.

Good episode last night, Poor Christy is very jealous and Farrell is getting in there quick so Christy best act fast! :eek:

Zumo had me in hysterics again and nice scenes with Paul mentioning Helen, brought back memories for me.

Looks like Yvonne's girlfriend is coming for a visit - shocks all round for Bela and Louie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Loved last night - Zumo and Keith at different times taking the mick out of Duncan's accent.

If Carol marries Farrell will she become Carol Farrell (say it a few times )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

deelite wrote: »
    Loved last night - Zumo and Keith at different times taking the mick out of Duncan's accent.

If Carol marries Farrell will she become Carol Farrell (say it a few times )

Ah so I am not the only one who thinks he has a woeful accent. I will have to catch that ep on repeat

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement