Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

Oh, did Yvonne have some sort of thing with a girl before? :confused: Can't remember? But quite liking the idea, I can very easily see her with girls. At least it will add something more interesting to their incredibly boring family feud.

Looking forward to the 2 hour-long specials. :D
    That idea of a lads only special does sound great - not using Dean, Robert, Duncan and Keith for some big night out is criminal. :eek: Would mean they could finally stop neglecting Keith's character and give him some sort of purpose, and with Duncan & Robert around the possibilities are endless. Somebody should suggest this to RTE!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

nellie07 wrote: »
    lol yeah that was brilliant but nothing competes with 'do I look like a bleedin sat nav'!! when that criminal guy was asked for directions!!:p

I know that comment from Zumo Bishop was about three months ago, but for some reason it stuck in my mind. Probably coz it's one of the best lines I've ever heard from any character on the show.
    So imagine my surprise as I was browsing around the Garmin website earlier and stumbled across this product line:
    http://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=135
    Co-incidence? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

duridian wrote: »
    I know that comment from Zumo Bishop was about three months ago, but for some reason it stuck in my mind. Probably coz it's one of the best lines I've ever heard from any character on the show.
    So imagine my surprise as I was browsing around the Garmin website earlier and stumbled across this product line:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

JP Liz wrote: »
    Looks like Yvonne's girlfriend is coming for a visit - shocks all round for Bela and Louie

I thought Connie was just a female friend of Yvonne's.

FAIR CITY stalwarts Bryan Murray and Una Crawford O’Brien (alias Bob and Renee) will shortly be appearing at the Town Hall in a production of A R Gurney’s Pulitzer-winning play Love Letters.

http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/15913

Yippeeeeeee Bob and Renee are back next month :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

duridian wrote: »

That is just brilliant. Are they a new brand?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

gogglebok wrote: »
    That is just brilliant. Are they a new brand?

Don't know to be honest, most of the Garmins I've seen are from the Nuvi range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sandwichboard

angel01 wrote: »

Who's Connie?:confused:

Who's Connie?:confused:

Connie is a friend of Yvonne's who comes over from Australia to visit. She will be in it next week.

Sorry your username reminds me of Dominic and his love of sandwiches :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

gazzer wrote: »
    I think his name is Duncan but I could be wrong. Anyway he has THE most annoying accent I have ever heard. He also looks like a rat :D

Thought Duncan was looking very well this week :eek:

I think Zumo is quite realistic as the local thug and his gran rocks :D I didn't go for the kids storylines, keep Doug and Adam and bin the others for me. Charlie (IMO) will come back sometime, Mags is probably gone for good.

I wish Bob and Renee would come back though :(

If Bob and Renee were to return what could they do. The pub is gone; as would appear Renees last links to the area (Brendan, Heather and Child)

I'd keep Sean and Mark as well. Two cracking actors.

Maybe she was talking to Orla and is a girl who just wants to be a friend.

I dont care what information Suzanne found online; I dont believe that Richard is dead. Annette being his business partner would, I assume, have been informed of his demise and would have mentioned it in passing to Bela or someone. I'd love her son to come back to her but alas Fair City already has a Stephen

How many more times can Rachel go to Cork and visit Oisin. Wasnt Nicola supposed to be pregnant there a while back; surely a heavily pregnant woman/woman with newborn would have enough on her plate without Rachel to run after.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Epicurus wrote: »
    I'd love her son to come back to her but alas Fair City already has a Stephen.

And what a Stephen he is.

Wasn't there another Stephen as well? Remember that spiky little barmaid who used to steal from the till? Wasn't her child called Stephen. He had some relationship with Pascal, I think.

By the way, did anyone see the Clinic's version of Lara? All the women in it seem to be half mad, and the efforts at suspense are laughable, but it was fun to see them recycling a character from Fair City. Next I want to see a wee baldy mechanic coming out of a coma.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

gogglebok wrote: »
    And what a Stephen he is.

Wasn't there another Stephen as well? Remember that spiky little barmaid who used to steal from the till? Wasn't her child called Stephen. He had some relationship with Pascal, I think.

Stephen was Noreen's son (Noreen was Kay Mc Coy's step daughter). Noreen went off the rails and got involved in some religious sect of some sort. I think she fell (or was pushed from a mountain top). I think her son (although not 100% sure) died also.

Can somebody please tell me:

Is it true PC Plod is now stationed in Killarney or is that just my wishful thinking.?

Why isn't Frank (Damien's uncle) being brought back in he was gorgeous - plus he could have a relationship with Dolores and when Renee comes back into the show, he could show her a little loving?

If Paul gets it on with any other female there's a huge chance he's going to have another heart attack!!!

Where's Annette and her husband?

Is Robert working?

What happened to Zumo's mother - we heard the father was in prison, and the auntie died from drugs?

Where is Annette and her husband living?

Is Robert still living with Heather and Brendan - and is he not concerned with their disappearance?

deelite wrote: »

Is it true PC Plod is now stationed in Killarney or is that just my wishful thinking.?

Why isn't Frank (Damien's uncle) being brought back in he was gorgeous - plus he could have a relationship with Dolores and when Renee comes back into the show, he could show her a little loving?

If Paul gets it on with any other female there's a huge chance he's going to have another heart attack!!!

Is Robert working?

What happened to Zumo's mother - we heard the father was in prison, and the auntie died from drugs?

Is Robert still living with Heather and Brendan - and is he not concerned with their disappearance?

I believe Robert now lives with Orla.

Good episode last night, still loving Zumo. he was very funny with Duncan :D The party was really funny.

Still loving Louie and Yvonne. Though it looks like that is over :( I definately got a feeling that Paul & Yvonne will hook up.

I am not sure about Zumo's mum, I did read this though:
    How did Zumo get his name?
    Zumo's mother named her first child after St Francis Xavier, as she was a regular mass-goer in the church of St Francis Xavier in Gardiner Street while she was pregnant with him. While he was a toddler, little Xavier (pronounced "Zave-yer") got the nickname Zumo, partly because he couldn't yet say his own name clearly and partly because he used to "zoom" around the place at top speed. The name stuck and almost no-one, apart from his mother and his granny, remembers what his real name is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Is Robert working?

ROFL at frank being gorgous:D

So Anthoy Farrell what do we think?? The guy even looks like a greaseball, Ive a feeling Carols goina regret hooking up with him.

Heather and Brendan will be back, they are just written out for a while. Can't wait for Renee and Bob to come back and what will Renee think of Christy and his new found love :D

I thought Farrell had been with Carol previously anyway. I think he is ok.. but I think I will stick with the fanclub I have going for Zumo, Louie and Dermot :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Do both Zumo and Duncan live in Charlie's house now or are they squatting?

ROFL at frank being gorgous:D

So Anthoy Farrell what do we think?? The guy even looks like a greaseball, Ive a feeling Carols goina regret hooking up with him.

Silly question from me what does ROFL mean thanx.

Silly question from me what does ROFL mean thanx.

no worries means rolling on floor laughing haha so lame, Im such a nerd!!!!!

JP Liz wrote: »
    Do both Zumo and Duncan live in Charlie's house now or are they squatting?

Zumo is sort of crashing there at the moment, he leaves soon. Duncan is living there in a caretaker role.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

WOOOP WOOOP WOOOP!!!! Looks like we are gonna get some nookie on sundays episode! Cleo and Robbie are gonna get it on! "Lets go into the other room!!" LOL!!! LOVE HIM!!! The way he said "I love you" was so robert! "You scare me!" ROTFL!!!!

Farrell kinda creeps me out! He even looks sleazy! Carol can do better, even though im not sure Christy is right for her long term, but she deserves to be treated well.

I loved Zumo and Duncans party. I like those two as a double act. The characters are so opposites. Zumo is...well Zumo and Duncan is so anal and ....Duncan! :D. I like Dean and Keith too! They are a realistic couple of "lads-lad's". +1 for the boys ep!! Bring Doug as well!

no worries means rolling on floor laughing haha so lame, Im such a nerd!!!!!

No you're not a nerd I'm just slightly blonde - actually I'm artifically thick.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Zumo's granny is brilliant! Sick of the Yvonne/Suzanne rivalry story.

I hope they feature Zumo's granny again soon, I love her :D Her one liners with Zumo are class!

Dermot should be back next week with Doug and the mayor storyline. Hope Jo features too.

I hope they feature Zumo's granny again soon, I love her :D Her one liners with Zumo are class!

Dermot should be back next week with Doug and the mayor storyline. Hope Jo features too.

There's really only one man for the "mayor" and it has to be Charlie Kelly. He must be making a return very soon. Also wasn't it Zumo who held Charlie and his daughter hostage? Should be very interesting.

There's really only one man for the "mayor" and it has to be Charlie Kelly. He must be making a return very soon. Also wasn't it Zumo who held Charlie and his daughter hostage? Should be very interesting.

Yeah you are right: Zumo held Charlie Kelly captive earlier this year, thinking he could cash in on Bernie Kelly's Canadian lotto win.

I would like to see Charlie back though. I have a feeling he is coming back as I contacted RTE about it (:o) but they didn't answer :eek:

Yeah you are right: Zumo held Charlie Kelly captive earlier this year, thinking he could cash in on Bernie Kelly's Canadian lotto win.

I would like to see Charlie back though. I have a feeling he is coming back as I contacted RTE about it (:o) but they didn't answer :eek:

Zumo for mayor of Carrickstown!! Id love to see an axe murderer hit the place, we need a bit of a culling. I think ditch Jo, Father Boliki, hmmm Christie, oh and suzanne whiney bich and that sarah yoke.

Wonder will Charlie return when he finds out whos living in his gaff. I think Mags did really well to stay as long as she did, it cant have been easy for the actress. Did TJ and TJs mam go witht them?

Zumo for mayor of Carrickstown!! Id love to see an axe murderer hit the place, we need a bit of a culling. I think ditch Jo, Father Boliki, hmmm Christie, oh and suzanne whiney bich and that sarah yoke.

Wonder will Charlie return when he finds out whos living in his gaff. I think Mags did really well to stay as long as she did, it cant have been easy for the actress. Did TJ and TJs mam go witht them?

Charlie knows Duncan is taking care of his place but Zumo leaves his place next week as he has found elsewhere. Sorry... I like all the characters you mentioned :D

I did feel sorry for Mags :( I think they must have gone as Anthony never mentions them :confused:

Charlie knows Duncan is taking care of his place but Zumo leaves his place next week as he has found elsewhere. Sorry... I like all the characters you mentioned :D

I did feel sorry for Mags :( I think they must have gone as Anthony never mentions them :confused:

Ah shure be a boring old world if we all liked the same people, you can imaginary kill off the people I like :D;)

Yea, Anthonys barely in it now, wonder will he be slowly writtren out as Annette hasnt really been too interested in her business lately.

• Advertisement

Ah shure be a boring old world if we all liked the same people, you can imaginary kill off the people I like :D;)

Yea, Anthonys barely in it now, wonder will he be slowly writtren out as Annette hasnt really been too interested in her business lately.

lol I miss Bill and Annette... his accent used to make me giggle :D

Good plan... I would axe Caitriona, Cleo, Kylie, Mark

They really need to update the cast list on the fair city site... the likes of Gina, Ursula, Turlough to name a few are still on there :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement