Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I read this on the fair city site:

You may have noticed that Yvonne Doyle has a lot going on in her life at the moment, which means that actor Ciara O'Callaghan is an extremely busy woman.
    The Fair City Website was due to put viewers' questions to Ciara this week. However, because of her intense filming schedule, we have had to postpone the interview to next week.

We have selected our favourites from questions submitted by viewers, but we think we can squeeze in one more question for Ciara.

If you have a question that you would just love to ask the actor about her work on Fair City, but didn't make it in time for the deadline, you can still be in with a chance to have that question answered.

Email your suggested question before 9am on Monday (24th August) to:

faircity@rte.ie

Please make sure to put Ciara O'Callaghan interview in the subject line.

New pic of Vino's staff: 000287a3-545.jpg

Fair City to follow Brookside's female smooch..

Looks like Keith Duffy isn't coming back to Fair City then...http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/0819/coronationstreet.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Wtf! :eek:

I didn't see that coming! Who the hell is she??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭lynamhairycake

Abigayle wrote: »

Yay! Fair City - now with added lesbians.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I know.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I think we can safely say that FC have redeemed themselves after exposing us to the 'Malachy kissing Dolores neck' scene! Well. Nearly. That was like getting acid in the eyes :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

hahaha loving doug running for mayor!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Orla to Cleo "Sorry Cleo, I don't know what's got into me lately". Err without stating the obvious - nothing!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

Loved the Yvonne lesbian thing actually, think her and the Connie one are very well-suited, :p Poor Louie at the end though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

That was one of the best episodes I have seen! The kiss with Yvonne (even though she annoys me no end) and the new girl actually made me gasp out loud! It was so out of the blue, but in a good way! Top marks!
    Also, LOL @ Doug running for mayor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭cjbh

I agree I loved, loved, loved tonight's double!

Girl-on-girl axn before 9pm?!! :eek: wow. I thought the actresses handled it very well and both looked very comfortable on the couch together!

Oh and ROFL @ Cass and Doug vandalising the poster; 'gayer of Carrigstown' :D
    Doug: " ...in the current weather?"

Cleo is beautiful but she was looking a bit orange next to Robert in bed...

LMAO @ Orla responding immediately when Cleo asked her how long she's been single: "86 days". LOL

Love every scene Ali is in. One of my faves on the show. And I loved how Carol changed her tune as soon as Farrell threw her the cash...

*faints @ the sight of Zumo in his boxers* :pac:

Yeah just loved everything tonight really!! Roll on thursday!

2 questions:
    1. What was Doug's job that he got sacked from?
    2. Where is Jo from? Cannot place that accent :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

We cant get fair city in uk ......yet .

Not sure if that's a good or bad thing :)

Suppose I could try download it to view and try cath up on last 15 years :rolleyes:

But I was recently informed that a former neighbour in Dublin 'girl next door ' is dating one of the cast of fair city .

Not sure if that's a good or bad thing either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Ha ha love that episode!

"I think you need to tell that to your face"

Thats a good one. Thats my power phrase for the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

Definately got a few giggles in tonight with that episode. The scene with Carol running away from the cows and Christy chasing after her :D:D or when Cass and Doug were pitching for the mayor's job when Dermot commented how you needed to be experienced to get into that business and Cass replied " Sure the fellows in the Dail are experienced and look where that got us" Classic!

gidget wrote: »
    when Cass and Doug were pitching for the mayor's job when Dermot commented how you needed to be experienced to get into that business and Cass replied " Sure the fellows in the Dail are experienced and look where that got us" Classic!

Dug thinks its a joke & Cass thinks it serious! They make me laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

angel01 wrote: »
    Charlie knows Duncan is taking care of his place but Zumo leaves his place next week as he has found elsewhere. Sorry... I like all the characters you mentioned :D

I did feel sorry for Mags :( I think they must have gone as Anthony never mentions them :confused:

He hardly mentioned them when they were around anyway and vice versa. Seen as its Fair City, they could be back next week as if they were never away. And sure Damien never mentions Mark as well
    Looks like Keith Duffy isn't coming back to Fair City then...http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/0819/coronationstreet.html

Thats a shame, for both soaps even! If he aint coming back what was the logic in introducing that actress to play his and Keiths daughter :confused:
    cjbh wrote: »
    Cleo is beautiful but she was looking a bit orange next to Robert in bed...

I'll take your word for that; I was more fixated on Robert ;)

1. What was Doug's job that he got sacked from?

He worked in the garage till Cass got him the sack for failing to keep his hands clean around Malachys car; which I found ironic seen as how Malachy had asked him to wash his hands before working on his car

Loved tonights episode. Jo and Dermot cracked me up as usual. I'd love to see Jo go for the mayoral position as well, her up against Dermot would be class.

@cjbh agree about Cleo, what is with all the fake tan!:eek:

Is this a spoiler?
    Charlie knows Duncan is taking care of his place but Zumo leaves his place next week as he has found elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭cjbh

2. Where is Jo from? Cannot place that accent :confused:

I just found out; she is from Cork

Sure lookish, Dermish :pac:

What a great episode :D:D

I am interested to see where Connie & Yvonne go from here... and the kiss :eek:

Louie seemed really jealous of Paul being near Yvonne, what will he think of Connie then..

Zumo still rocks and yippeee Jo & Dermot back :D:D:D

Doug and Cass were hilarious... bring back Zumo's granny :D

Abigayle wrote: »

I didn't see that coming! Who the hell is she??

Connie... she lived with Yvonne in Australia.

• Advertisement

padocon wrote: »
    @cjbh agree about Cleo, what is with all the fake tan!:eek:

Is this a spoiler?
    Charlie knows Duncan is taking care of his place but Zumo leaves his place next week as he has found elsewhere.

Its hardly a spoiler, it happened last night.

Some has happened.. some not yet...

Louie warns Yvonne he won't let her destroy his life with her manipulative ways. Paul and Yvonne share a moment when out running. Sensing that the rift in their relationship is the catalyst pushing Yvonne and Paul closer together, Louie is not happy (neither will Niamh be when she realises what's going on!) and he's not long telling Paul to back off.

He's not the only one causing a face-off this week, Orla tells Robert she's not happy sharing her apartment with a loved up couple. However Cleo tells her to end her vow of celibacy if she's that bothered by their relationship. So the mechanic decides to jazz up her 00028772-150.jpgsocial life and enrols Keith to go on the pull with her. Although she'll have to drag him away from chatting up Connie first!

Elsewhere the plot thickens in the Carol, Christy and Farrell love triangle. Christy confides in Bela about how he really feels about Carol and when Ali hears, she encourages Christy to act quickly as she knows Farrell is also making a play for Carol. When Farrell is caught in the act of insulting Christy, Carol decides that she wants nothing more to do with him or his interest in her business plans for Phelans.

00028774-150.jpgSpoiler Alert! Next week Bela is gutted when Yvonne forgets Helen's anniversary yet he says nothing when she tries to get him to work a shift on the day. Meanwhile after setting up a date with Carol, Christy gets cold feet when he talks to Ray and cancels on Carol, using a bogus excuse. She's so upset that she turns him down when he gets the nerve to ask her out again!

No episode tomorrow :(

Thursday August 26th

Louie tries to be nice to Yvonne but she has other things on her mind, namely an old friend paying her a visit.
    Farrell is playing all hard to get and Carols confused about it all. Cass tries to convince Doug to run for Mayor. Cleo urges Orla to try out some other dating options.

Keith tries to set Orla up on a blind date, who has he in mind for her?
    Christy's ego is bruised and Carol tries to make it up to him. Pauls nose is out of joint when he realises he's doing all the hard graft for the centenerary celebrations.

Sunday August 30th

Dermot has some bad news for Doug, and he's only delighted to be breaking it to him.
    Louie hires an extra hand for Vinos which enrages Suzanne and Bela. Farrell does a uturn and tries one last time for Carol.

Its hardly a spoiler, it happened last night.

How did that happen when
    Zumo didn't leave yet?

padocon wrote: »
    How did that happen when
    Zumo didn't leave yet?

:confused:
    He told Duncan last night that he had found somewhere else to host the shebeen (sp) anyway I post spoilers, in future I will use the spoiler tags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Keith sets Orla up with Cass :D

What about Keith and Orla as a couple or have they been there before?

JP Liz wrote: »

I think it would be so obvious to put them together and I don't think they have been together previously. I think they will end up together.

JP, be careful with the storylines, you might be accused of posting spoilers ;):p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

JP Liz wrote: »

Up until recently Orla couldn't stand the sight of Keith - she used to refer to him as "Niamh's bit of rough". They've never seen eye to eye. I do thing Orla would be perfect for Louie plus she would be the best barmaid in Carrigstown. Great pairing me thinks.

deelite wrote: »
    Up until recently Orla couldn't stand the sight of Keith - she used to refer to him as "Niamh's bit of rough". They've never seen eye to eye. I do thing Orla would be perfect for Louie plus she would be the best barmaid in Carrigstown. Great pairing me thinks.

I wouldn't like her with Louie, Louie deserves better :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

I wouldn't like her with Louie, Louie deserves better :D

meooowwww hahaha, saucer of milk anyone??:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement