Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Carol is a cracking actress in fairness. If you heard her speak in real life you would be pleasantly surprised.
    Ian Dempsey had herself and Ali on one day. Ali sounds the same bit Carol has a bit of rearing on her unlike her character :

Here, come here to me you, YA LITTLE TOERAG!!!!!!!

I tink swearing needs to be introduced, would make it a lot more entertaing and true to life. Who goes around Dublin for a half an hour and doesn't hear one swear word. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

nicklauski wrote: »
    Carol is a cracking actress in fairness. If you heard her speak in real life you would be pleasantly surprised.
    Ian Dempsey had herself and Ali on one day. Ali sounds the same bit Carol has a bit of rearing on her unlike her character :

Here, come here to me you, YA LITTLE TOERAG!!!!!!!

I tink swearing needs to be introduced, would make it a lot more entertaing and true to life. Who goes around Dublin for a half an hour and doesn't hear one swear word. :D

Agree, Carol is great!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

angel01 wrote: »
    Do you think I could get a part on Fair City :D:D I could play the part of his ex wife who arrives over from Boston dolled up to the 9's and looking like something out of Dynasty and rival Yvonne in the bitch stakes :D *sends idea to the scriptwriters* :D

Lol; thought you wanted Shelley (Dolores' old friend) to play that part :D
    bigkev49 wrote: »
    Wait, I just found this thread because of the lesbanians, people actually watch Fair City??? :eek::eek:

You watched it, and were indeed glued to it when I used to live with you :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Epicurus wrote: »

You watched it, and were indeed glued to it when I used to live with you :rolleyes:

*BURN* :D The plot thickens:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Lived with me? Eh? :confused:

• Advertisement

Originally Posted by bigkev49
    Wait, I just found this thread because of the lesbanians, people actually watch Fair City???

It is the only Irish soap thats English speaking!

:eek: There was no Fair City tonight! Grrr, :mad: no one told me! And ya know when your expecting it, oh the pain. I like the Rose of Tralee but could FC not be on RTE2 at 8 or 7:30 on RTE 1. None again tomorrow:mad: An hour on Thurs, but none for 2 nights in a roe :eek:

There should have been an announcement or something to give advanced notice! :p

Anyone else in the same boat as me and turn on 1 tonight expecting FC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Didn't Fair City do a "live" episode one night - I'd love to see another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

padocon wrote: »
    :eek: There was no Fair City tonight! Grrr, :mad: no one told me! And ya know when your expecting it, oh the pain. I like the Rose of Tralee but could FC not be on RTE2 at 8 or 7:30 on RTE 1. None again tomorrow:mad: An hour on Thurs, but none for 2 nights in a roe :eek:

They showed one or two ads saying that a double episode would be on Sunday and Thursday. But I think what they should have done was to film Keith and Ray sitting down last night to watch the Rose of Tralee. They did this once or twice with Coronation Street on Christmas Day - Alf Roberts used to sit down to tune in the Queens Christmas Message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

padocon wrote: »

They did give us advance warning but I did really miss it :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Do the terrible accents/sets and woefully overused clichés and stereotypes not put you off?

Not trolling but....

It's the lack of detail in these kind of comments that make them sound like trolling. What ferocious acting? What cliches? What bad sets? I'm not denying they exist, but it's a terribly tedious way to enter a conversation.

What is it specifically that you don't like?

deelite wrote: »
    They showed one or two ads saying that a double episode would be on Sunday and Thursday. But I think what they should have done was to film Keith and Ray sitting down last night to watch the Rose of Tralee.

Great idea, Deelite. They could do fifteen minutes before the Rose, and fifteen minutes after, with the two lads getting hammered in the meantime and arguing about the result.

From the Fair City site:

Introducing Connie Boylan

Connie Boylan is no stranger to Dublin. Hailing from the North Circular Road. Connie, christened Concepta, was sent off to Austrailia to her father when she was in her teens.

She is one of many of Yvonne's long list of lovers. Connie likes her luxuries but doesn't like to work for them. How will she fair out in Dublins Fair City?

00028aff-545.jpg

Don't forget to vote in the poll on the Fair City site :D

Who would be the most suitable partner for Carol?

Christy Phelan
    Anthony Farrell
    Keith McGrath
    John Deegan

Only thing is, they didn't mention Leo :(

Christy Phelan
    Anthony Farrell
    Keith McGrath
    John Deegan

But they do mention Keith. Where does THAT come from? :eek:

gogglebok wrote: »
    But they do mention Keith. Where does THAT come from? :eek:

It seems really random. Why would Carol get together with a guard who was behind taking all her things away? :eek:

Christy Phelan
    Anthony Farrell
    Keith McGrath
    John Deegan

Louie didnt get a mention either :p:D

Deegan...:confused: talk about picking names out of a hat. Have they ever said two civil word to each other

Louie didnt get a mention either :p:D

Deegan...:confused: talk about picking names out of a hat. Have they ever said two civil word to each other

We should do our own poll. Who should be Carol's next lover?

Christy.
    Anthony Farrell.
    Louie Gleeson.
    Mike Gleeson back from the dead
    Robert.
    Connie.
    Tracey and Dean together.
    Leo.
    Someone from Coronation Street on a short visit.
    Billy Meehan's identical twin.

All of them sound a bit more likely that Keith or John Deegan.

Christy.
    Anthony Farrell.
    Louie Gleeson.
    Robert.
    Connie.
    Leo.

Robert...well they have been talking about Carols Lad a lot lately, always thought it was a horse though :D

Christy.
    Anthony Farrell.
    Louie Gleeson.
    Robert.
    Connie.
    Leo.

:D:D:D

Christy and Farrell I see the link with those two but Keith is Carol's complete opposite, don't think they have ever talked never mind dated and Deegan is just plain bizarre!

Leo is the perfect match :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

New man for Carol maybe? Another Billy Meehan type character could spark off a lot, somebody a bit dodge but who seems fine at first. Obviously with some very big differences, not just a Billy clone. Can't be Farrell though, as we already know he's not very trustworthy. Carol should be the Gail Platt of Fair City, always ending up with the psycho man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sandwichboard

Does that mean Charlie is coming back :eek::D

I have entered all 3 competitions so far and won nothing :(

How does this work:

You may enter as often as you like, but only one answer per person will be entered in the draw.

How can you enter as often as you like but only one answer per person??

My guess would be Barry, Charlie, Mags, Paul? Bela? Could Rita :eek: make a return??

My guess would be Barry, Charlie, Mags, Paul? Bela? Could Rita :eek: make a return??

Suzanne was original cast member as well wasnt she?

Suzanne was original cast member as well wasnt she?

Yes Suzanne & Jimmy were, would love to see Jimmy back. I used to have a crush on him years ago :o:eek: We used to get the same bus as well :D

Though originally a different guy played Jimmy but you know what I mean :p

Yes Suzanne & Jimmy were, would love to see Jimmy back. I used to have a crush on him years ago :o:eek: We used to get the same bus as well :D

Though original a different guy played Jimmy but you know what I mean :p

:D Louie, fair enough, but Jimmy :eek::D if he did come back, you wouldnt know where to look

:D Louie, fair enough, but Jimmy :eek::D if he did come back, you wouldnt know where to look

I know, I was a teenager then... blame the hormones :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Jesus the prizes are fair shi-ite aren't they :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

I think I fancy Deegan meself. Something about the "bad lad" look of him......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement