Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

gogglebok wrote: »
    We should do our own poll. Who should be Carol's next lover?

Christy.
    Anthony Farrell.
    Louie Gleeson.
    Mike Gleeson back from the dead
    Robert.
    Connie.
    Tracey and Dean together.
    Leo.
    Someone from Coronation Street on a short visit.
    Billy Meehan's identical twin.

All of them sound a bit more likely that Keith or John Deegan.

Why did you leave out Zumo and Malachy????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

According to IDMB Bela, Suzanne and Paul were in episode 1. Charlie was too but I don't think he'll be back this month so its more likely to be Barry.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

Don't think Charlie has been in it from the start for some reason??
    Bela, Paul, Suzanne and Jimmy sounds right?

Not that I need to enter since I already have all the stuff they're giving away. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

deelite wrote: »
    Why did you leave out Zumo and Malachy????

Lack of imagination. Same reason I left out Carol's Lad.

Meller wrote: »
    Not that I need to enter since I already have all the stuff they're giving away. :cool:

:) Have you been winning all the competitions, or do you have contacts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Really missing Fair city now the last couple of nights!

Really missing Fair city now the last couple of nights!

Same here. It's ridiculous. I don't see what's so special about a one-hour episode if we have to wait three nights for the next one.

Same here. It's ridiculous. I don't see what's so special about a one-hour episode if we have to wait three nights for the next one.

Yea I had no idea it wasnt going to be on, I thought the hour long was cos of the big lessie kiss lol. I kinda thought the 2 hour longs were along with normal eps because of the big dramatised ads. The rose of Tralee:rolleyes:such poo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Blame The Rose of Tralee not fair city :P

Don't think Charlie has been in it from the start for some reason??
    Bela, Paul, Suzanne and Jimmy sounds right?

Charlie was in it from the start, Fair City at the start was based around the Kellys as well

• Advertisement

:) Have you been winning all the competitions, or do you have contacts?

I sent a nice letter to RTE and albeit with a six month delay, they replied and sent me all the merch. :p

I sent a nice letter to RTE and albeit with a six month delay, they replied and sent me all the merch. :p

Oh lucky you! I want to win a competition fair and square :D though saying that I used to be good friends with a current cast member :)

Hour long tonight guys :)

Hour long tonight guys :)

Really looking forward to it :D I have missed it this week...

angel01 wrote: »
    Really looking forward to it :D I have missed it this week...

I hear that!

I found this, hilarious, I love Jo :D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxknlxXopgY

Stuck at work. Grrr. Is it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

That Connie one is a horrible actress, and she was rocking that (almost) belly top like it's 1999....

Namlub wrote: »
    That Connie one is a horrible actress, and she was rocking that (almost) belly top like it's 1999....

Nice. Does Yvonne try it on at all?

PS, Kudos for the use of "1999" in the 1999th post. :)

Nice. Does Yvonne try it on at all?

PS, Kudos for the use of "1999" in the 1999th post. :)
    Nah, Keith on the other hand...
    Yeah, and completely intentional it was too :pac:

• Advertisement

hahaha classic line by cass " Does this mean I dont get a feed":D

hahaha classic line by cass " Does this mean I dont get a feed":D

That was a great line. The whole episode was very funny, I thought. Orla and Robert were good together, even if she COMPLETELY over-acts the flirting stuff. She puts on this big gurning face, like a six-year-old trying to act adult.

Dermot was great when he accidentally goaded Pete into supporting Doug. He could see himself going wrong, and couldn't stop it. Great fun all round. Maybe they should do more one-hour episodes.

I had to laugh at one terrible moment, though. The fruit outside Christy's shop is obviously made of wax or plastic. When Carol was throwing it into the racks it made a horrible hollow sound. "I wouldn't care [CLONK!] if Anthony Farrell [CLONK!] was the last [CLONK!] man [CLONK!] on earth [CLONK!]"

The director should hang his head in shame. Clonk!

Dermot was great when he accidentally goaded Pete into supporting Doug. He could see himself going wrong, and couldn't stop it.
    "He's a bit..."
    "...Slow!"
    "I was going to say young!"
    That was one of the funniest episodes I've seen actually...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 LemonLyman

Come on Fair City. The world is now crying out for "I Am A Lion" T-Shirts...

What a bloody brilliant episode last night. I loved it from start to finish, though I was mesmerized by Louie :D I so want Louie and Yvonne back together. They have a chemistry and would shut Suzanne up, that woman would drive anyone to drink :mad:

Really getting into this Carol and Christy thing now. I want to slap Farrell myself :D

As for Doug and Cass v Jo & Dermot. So hilarious :D

Only downside no Zumo and Eileen :(:(

What a bloody brilliant episode last night. I loved it from start to finish, though I was mesmerized by Louie :D I so want Louie and Yvonne back together. They have a chemistry and would shut Suzanne up, that woman would drive anyone to drink :mad:

Just caught up now... thought it was absolutely brilliant too, especially Louie. :D The part at the bar where Yvonne is calling him pathetic killed me, his face! I kind of think he deserves better than her, but I think it's incredibly cute how she has the upperhand in it when you can totally imagine him being the dominating one in any other relationship... she makes him seem so vulnerable, aww.. :o

That Connie one does kind of suit her, but I wasn't suprised by the spoilers at the end either. Perhaps Louie's gonna get to her as well? Would make things interesting.

I laughed so hard at the end with the blind date - the moment when Orla turned around and the big ":D" faces on Keith and Cass, ahahah, it was perfect. Still praying for nothing to happen with Keith and Orla though! If they were to get together it would just be out of desperation!

Also, Robert was so cute when Orla asked him if he was trying to seduce her... the way he smiled and said "no!".. aww.. :pac:

And yeah, it just had the right mix of good characters and storylines so that even ones that never particularly interested me before (e.g Carol & Farrell) weren't too tedious or overdone because there was a focus on enough other things.

Just caught up now... thought it was absolutely brilliant too, especially Louie. :D The part at the bar where Yvonne is calling him pathetic killed me, his face! I kind of think he deserves better than her, but I think it's incredibly cute how she has the upperhand in it when you can totally imagine him being the dominating one in any other relationship... she makes him seem so vulnerable, aww.. :o

That Connie one does kind of suit her, but I wasn't suprised by the spoilers at the end either. Perhaps Louie's gonna get to her as well? Would make things interesting.

I laughed so hard at the end with the blind date - the moment when Orla turned around and the big ":D" faces on Keith and Cass, ahahah, it was perfect. Still praying for nothing to happen with Keith and Orla though! If they were to get together it would just be out of desperation!

Also, Robert was so cute when Orla asked him if he was trying to seduce her... the way he smiled and said "no!".. aww.. :pac:

And yeah, it just had the right mix of good characters and storylines so that even ones that never particularly interested me before (e.g Carol & Farrell) weren't too tedious or overdone because there was a focus on enough other things.

I felt so sorry for Louie, he was really trying to help her and to try and be friends and he looked so sad :( Then when he walked past her in the hungry pig, he wanted to talk to her but she gave him a glare :( I do have a feeling Louie and Connie might go somewhere... you can hardly blame him if yvonne won't admit who she is :eek:

I laughed so much as well when Orla turned around and saw Cass, it was a very funny moment :D

I adore Carol and think the more of her we see the better :D Where has Tracey vanished to again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

@angel01 "I laughed so much as well when Orla turned around and saw Cass, it was a very funny moment"

So funny!:D

padocon wrote: »
    @angel01 "I laughed so much as well when Orla turned around and saw Cass, it was a very funny moment"

So funny!:D

Her face was hilarious and to see Cass standing there smiling had me in hysterics :D:D:D

• Advertisement

I felt so sorry for Louie, he was really trying to help her and to try and be friends and he looked so sad :( Then when he walked past her in the hungry pig, he wanted to talk to her but she gave him a glare :(

I knowww, he was being so reasonable with her and really letting his guard down... and she was just brushing him off... :mad: I don't think he really wanted to be just 'friends', but she was still being overly stubborn!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement