Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Meller wrote: »
    I knowww, he was being so reasonable with her and really letting his guard down... and she was just brushing him off... :mad: I don't think he really wanted to be just 'friends', but she was still being overly stubborn!

I agree and when he mentioned about splitting up with Yvonne being the best thing he did or the worst mistake :( I can understand why he split up with her but it seems now that Connie is back, Yvonne wants nothing to do with him :( :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

angel01 wrote: »
    I agree and when he mentioned about splitting up with Yvonne being the best thing he did or the worst mistake :( I can understand why he split up with her but it seems now that Connie is back, Yvonne wants nothing to do with him :( :mad:

Yes ahh I really felt his desperation at that point...I mean, bringing it up with Paul. I think that's where he's different to Yvonne, I think she's a lot more selfish and heartless than he is, really.

Don't think the Connie thing could really last that long though?? She happily forgot about her, seemingly, for a year - she even chased Louie to begin with, :confused:

Meller wrote: »
    Yes ahh I really felt his desperation at that point...I mean, bringing it up with Paul. I think that's where he's different to Yvonne, I think she's a lot more selfish and heartless than he is, really.

Don't think the Connie thing could really last that long though?? She happily forgot about her, seemingly, for a year - she even chased Louie to begin with, :confused:

I know. She seems more determined than him to get what she wants. She has a vision of what she thinks is best for her. It was like in earlier episodes where she was upset and she contacted Connie and seemed to instantly forget about Louie. How could she :eek: :mad:

I can't see how it will either. Once they are working together, I think the gloss will come of their relationship :D

I am still hoping for that phonecall from the scriptwriters for my role as Louie's ex-wife :pac::D

I have looked for the Ciara O'Callaghan interview all week on the fair city site and it is still postponed and no sign of it :(

It says: Email your suggested question before 9am on Monday (24th August) and that has been and gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I'm slightly confused - I thought that Carol was only with Farrell for his money - but she appears to have an "emotional" attachment to him. Am I imagining this?

• Advertisement

deelite wrote: »
    I'm slightly confused - I thought that Carol was only with Farrell for his money - but she appears to have an "emotional" attachment to him. Am I imagining this?

Probably because of the past she shares with him.

Honestly I want to slap Connie over and over again, I really hope she doesn't stick around for long but I fear we are stuck with her :mad: I must admit I smiled when Yvonne and Louie kissed and how adorable was Louie tonight... he deserves a nice person.

Dermot & Jo were really good again tonight and poor Doug :(

Louie had me laughing at when he said Suzanne came with the building :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭cjbh

Can't believe I haven't noticed before - but Cass's dog is the cutest thing!

Also, Cleo and Orla's reaction when the internet guy revealed what experiences he was open to! :D

cjbh wrote: »
    Can't believe I haven't noticed before - but Cass's dog is the cutest thing!

Also, Cleo and Orla's reaction when the internet guy revealed what experiences he was open to! :D

That was funny! :D:D

His dog reminds me of my old dog... I think I was too busy concentrating at the Louie storyline :D

Have we lost Zumo again and his gran :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Honestly I want to slap Connie over and over again, I really hope she doesn't stick around for long but I fear we are stuck with her :mad: I must admit I smiled when Yvonne and Louie kissed and how adorable was Louie tonight... he deserves a nice person.

Interesting; nice and Yvonne don't normally go together.

Poor Doug; felt so sorry for him tonight. Have gone right off Dermot; can't believe how petty he was being over the whole thing.

• Advertisement

Epicurus wrote: »
    Interesting; nice and Yvonne don't normally go together.

Poor Doug; felt so sorry for him tonight. Have gone right off Dermot; can't believe how petty he was being over the whole thing.

I like Dermot, he is funny and him and Jo are just so funny together :D

True :p

Bela is upset when he realizes Yvonne has forgotten her mother Helen's anniversary but he doesn't let her know as she tries to convince him to cover a shift on that date. When Rachel reminds Yvonne that it is her mother's anniversary, they have a comforting heart to heart.

Niamh is fuming with Orla when she finds out that she's splashed out on new clothes for a date instead of paying her rent. However when the date doesn't exactly go to plan, Niamh is sympathetic towards Niamh and even offers her money towards her next one.

Elsewhere Deegan can't take Ray's advise to keep the peace and writes Ian up for a parking ticket, which is going to cause trouble back at the station.

Spoiler Alert! Next week things go from bad to worse for Louie and Yvonne when he gets in the middle of her family feud and ends by insulting both Bella and Helen. Yvonne responds by saying that she never wants to see him again. After weeks of will-they-won't-they, Carol tells Ali that she wants to invite Christy out on a date however when she talks to him the conversation takes a wierd twist. They end up telling each other that they'll stay good friends, leaving both disappointed but not for long...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Bela is upset when he realizes Yvonne has forgotten her mother Helen's anniversary but he doesn't let her know as she tries to convince him to cover a shift on that date. When Rachel reminds Yvonne that it is her mother's anniversary, they have a comforting heart to heart.
    Helen was Yvonne's sister - not her mother! Her mother is Rita...

Shakyfan wrote: »
    Helen was Yvonne's sister - not her mother! Her mother is Rita...
    I think it meant that it was Rachel's mothers anniversary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Is Cass leaving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

JP Liz wrote: »
    Is Cass leaving?

God i hope not! Why do you say that Liz?
    LOL! These are hilarious!!
    http://www.facebook.com/notes.php?id=100194162785

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

what has happended to Sean Cassidy where is he???

Prob did the LC same as Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Funny episode tonight. I like John having a go at Ian with the parking tickets. It looks like we're going to see his missus back too. I didn't find her very interesting the last time, but I like him a lot.

I also didn't mind a break from Connie. I'm bored with her. She looks like she's turning into a terrible moaner, and they really have enough of them already.

It was very cruel of Orla, I thought, getting rid of everyone who sounded like Keith. Probably a good policy - eliminate the mini-Keiths! But he's dying on his own. They need a girlfriend for Keith. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

gogglebok wrote: »
    Funny episode tonight. I like John having a go at Ian with the parking tickets. It looks like we're going to see his missus back too. I didn't find her very interesting the last time, but I like him a lot.

I also didn't mind a break from Connie. I'm bored with her. She looks like she's turning into a terrible moaner, and they really have enough of them already.

It was very cruel of Orla, I thought, getting rid of everyone who sounded like Keith. Probably a good policy - eliminate the mini-Keiths! But he's dying on his own. They need a girlfriend for Keith. Any ideas?

I think Orla should find an exciting bf, I mean Dermot & Jo, Paul & Naimh, Cleo & Robert aren't bundles of laughs! Cleo & Rob are funny though. Fair city needs a bit of excitement. Keith and Una, make me fall asleep.

Perfect Solution:
    Keith + Orla = Perfect recipe!

Wouldn't fancy a Paul Yvonne affair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Paul and Yvonne are going to have an affair I know it its in the RTE guide and the Tv now magazine

wouhou bit of spice finally!!!

So bored of Yvonne vs Suzanne and Christie and Carol looking at each other. Was really hoping for a Damien Orla affair, only thing now is Niamh will be in it a lot which I dont like, Moany bich.

• Advertisement

padocon wrote: »
    Keith + Orla = Perfect recipe!

How about Keith and Ray get married (civil partnership or whatever) for tax reasons. The first kiss would be hilarious. Una could come back and be really jealous, someone else would investigate them to make sure they were legit, etc.

Looks like Paul & Yvonne then... they end up in a hotel together... poor Louie :(:( I know who I would rather pick :p

More spoilers...

Louie, along with Paul and Damien organise a family get together to try to sort out their differences, Yvonne makes a lot of effort but Suzanne makes zero effort :mad: Louie has a go at Bella and his fathering efforts and a fight nearly happens with him and Paul. Yvonne feels envious at Paul's home life.

Carol and Christy finally get together and they get in a passionate clinch!

John Kenny joins Fair City for the centenary thing, he plays crazy chester legend who is a showband icon currently relaunching his career.

Orla wins a trip to Ibiza and invites Niamh along with her. Deegan takes on a training assignment with a young inexperienced garda called Jennifer. Colm (an old mate of Keith's) arrives looking for him. Bela then starts promoting Charlie Kelly as mayoral canditate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

Charlie is definitely back for good, he's been around the RTE canteen the last few weeks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

myxi wrote: »
    Charlie is definitely back for good, he's been around the RTE canteen the last few weeks!!

ahhhh no, I wanted Doug for mayor, bit of young blood!!! Charlie Kelly and his bloody historical facts:( He has to be one of the most boring characters the soaps ever seen:(

ahhhh no, I wanted Doug for mayor, bit of young blood!!! Charlie Kelly and his bloody historical facts:( He has to be one of the most boring characters the soaps ever seen:(

I agree with you. I can't think of a single interesting thing he's ever done.

I like Charlie but Doug would have been more fun

I like Charlie but Doug would have been more fun

Maybe they can make Doug his deputy, and force them to work together.

gogglebok wrote: »
    Maybe they can make Doug his deputy, and force them to work together.

Maybe...

Looks like Una who plays Heather has been busy...

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/amazing-makeover-that-turned-fair-citys-una-into-old-bag-lady-1873860.html

She has a child of 20... blooming hell...she doesn't even look that old :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Paul and Yvonne are going to have an affair I know it its in the RTE guide and the Tv now magazine

SAKE! Why do they bother marrying off characters then they have an affair 5 mins later!!

• Advertisement

tk123 wrote: »
    SAKE! Why do they bother marrying off characters then they have an affair 5 mins later!!

Because it is soapland... no marriage stays happy for long...:eek: anyway Paul & Yvonne are more exciting than Paul & Niamh though I just want Renee & Bob back and this month it is happening :cool::D Bring back Heather & Brendan... Find out where Leo has wandered off to and has he hidden Tracey somewhere :P and get Zumo and his gran back on the screens... Don't forget more Louie screentime please and of course Dermot & Jo :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement