Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

duridian wrote: »
    The Captain's profile says he is a playwright. That's reasonably close.

lol..................Put the handbags away laydees;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Cris Jones wrote: »
    WHY are you saying it is "uncool, man, uncool...:mad:"...the scriptwriters do write the show. Or didn't you know.

I like the scriptwriters. They're good people and I don't have a problem with any of the current storylines. They should hardly be subject to any blame... if someone doesn't like a storyline fair enough, moan about it or whatever, but don't blame anyone... that's all I meant there. ;)

The Captain's profile says he is a playwright. That's reasonably close.

Playwright and screenwriter. I prefer the latter, although I've never won any awards for screenwriting or been paid to write something for screen, but all in good time.
    Nice of you to read my profile though, if not slightly on the stalkerish side of things... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭john-joe

Anyone else think carol meehan is sexy?:p

(or am I on my own here) ?

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I dont like Yvonne and this leaves Louis wide open for you:D See angel Im thinking for both of us here;)

Good thinking :D
    JP Liz wrote: »
    Christy and Carol not a good couple

I think they are, they have a good chemistry and I am enjoying the laughs :D

• Advertisement

john-joe wrote: »
    Anyone else think carol meehan is sexy?:p

(or am I on my own here) ?

:rolleyes:

I think she is a good looking lady. Good actress to boot :)

Ah now, to be fair, while Orla has been the most apparent one lately, there have been other characters affected.
    Dominic and Tracy were in financial woes prior to their breakup earlier in the year.
    Damian and Suzanne have been having money problems for quite some time, hence all the haggling over the price of the job with Louie/Yvonne, when Damian was remodelling the sandwich bar into the Vinos tapas bar.
    Speaking of, Bela also has expressed his concern that if Suzanne couldn't work alongside Yvonne in Vinos, that missing out on the increased income from this business idea could affect their ability to maintain Rita's care at the nursing home. This I believe was the main reason Suzanne agreed to the change from the sandwich bar/cafe type business, as she was dead against it initially.
    Other smaller mentions have been hinted at as well, around the garage (Back when he invested, the time Paul "didn't want him" in the garage, Leo had an idea for drumming up business by offering a free taxi home and back to people who left their car in for a service at the garage. That they needed to consider ideas of this sort, kind of points to a drop in business.) Phelans; Carol's barmy "smooothie bar" idea to increase sales at Christy's corner shop. Kylie losing her job, her flat and having to move back with Dominic and Tracy. etc.

Good thinking :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

I know what's going to happen overthe next 2 weeks

you know the girl Annette ? She dies in a fire and the oul lad gets stabbed

shock horror

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

blahblah06 wrote: »
    I know what's going to happen overthe next 2 weeks

you know the girl Annette ? She dies in a fire and the oul lad gets stabbed

shock horror

That's kinda old news, we've known that for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Oh lol I'm only new to this fair city thing

• Advertisement

Meller wrote: »

I didn't know. Way to ruin a whole storyline blahblah06. Maybe in future you could use spoiler tags. That was a storyline I would've liked to have seen unravel on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I didn't know this either - who's the old lad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

I didnt know either!!!

Mcaleere is it?? Spoliers be good in future, give people an option like to read or not.

is that a windup about Annette :eek::(:(:(

It better not be true or I will be upset. I really like her :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 LemonLyman

Where did you read about it? Is it true, or just one of those curveballs thrown out from time to time by all the soaps to keep us on our toes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 LemonLyman

See what I did there. I just brought us onto a new page so anyone who wants to avoid the MAJOR STORY spoiler can do so. You have to choose to click back to the previous page..........

Assuming it's true of course.

LemonLyman wrote: »
    See what I did there. I just brought us onto a new page so anyone who wants to avoid the MAJOR STORY spoiler can do so. You have to choose to click back to the previous page..........

Assuming it's true of course.

Not to me.. I am reading 40 posts per page :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

I completely missed that. Where did you see the story? Is there a link?

Maybe people could go back and edit their posts to include spoiler tags? We might be able to save a few late sleepers....

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Something I've been wondering for a while, maybe someone here can put me wide... Are the actresses that play Annette and Rita (before she transformed into a bell) related? I always saw a resemblance there....

Oh, and Yvonne is hot!!! lol.

• Advertisement

RVD420 wrote: »
    Something I've been wondering for a while, maybe someone here can put me wide... Are the actresses that play Annette and Rita (before she transformed into a bell) related? I always saw a resemblance there....

I don't think they are related no and I tried to google but couldn't find anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Nice of you to read my profile though, if not slightly on the stalkerish side of things... :D
    Don't worry, I'm too busy stalking Megan Fox at the moment. ;)
    Nah, seriously, I just love details on every sort of thing, and was just curious why you took notice of Cris Jones' comment. Understood immediately once I saw the second or third line in the profile. I know, I'm a nosey bugger. :)
    I didn't know. Way to ruin a whole storyline blahblah06. Maybe in future you could use spoiler tags. That was a storyline I would've liked to have seen unravel on its own.
    +1
    Please do it this way in future blahblah06.
    RVD420 wrote:
    She makes me think of Princess Aura.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

http://www.gaire.com/e/f/view.asp?parent=908685&nav=17

Check out the first post on this page....how long was the build up to this storyline exactly.

Epicurus wrote: »
    http://www.gaire.com/e/f/view.asp?parent=908685&nav=17

Check out the first post on this page....how long was the build up to this storyline exactly.

That's interesting. Do you remember what story was going on then? I vaguely remember something about Carol and Malachy and Christy running a race together. Maybe he was checking her out in her tracksuit.

It is fairly impressive if they are planting stories that far in advance. But judging by the link, the other happening thing then was Troy, and he seems to have been erased completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

That's interesting. Do you remember what story was going on then? I vaguely remember something about Carol and Malachy and Christy running a race together. Maybe he was checking her out in her tracksuit.

It is fairly impressive if they are planting stories that far in advance. But judging by the link, the other happening thing then was Troy, and he seems to have been erased completely.

I remember that alright...although at the time I was thinking that it would be Malachy getting it together with Carol.

Epicurus wrote: »
    I remember that alright...although at the time I was thinking that it would be Malachy getting it together with Carol.

Well, I think it's about time RTE tackled the taboo of the three-person marriage. Let's face it, Carol is too much woman for either of them.

Troy left to DJ abroad so I doubt he will be back. I felt he was out of place in Carrigstown anyway. I loved the scenes with Christy, Malachy and Carol, I remember those days.

angel01 wrote: »
    Troy left to DJ abroad so I doubt he will be back. I felt he was out of place in Carrigstown anyway. I loved the scenes with Christy, Malachy and Carol, I remember those days.

Yes, I didn't see much of it, but I liked what I saw. There was one scene on the swings in a playground, wasn't there? Carol talked about what a terrible childhood she had. It was very touching.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

I like the scriptwriters. They're good people and I don't have a problem with any of the current storylines. They should hardly be subject to any blame... if someone doesn't like a storyline fair enough, moan about it or whatever, but don't blame anyone... that's all I meant there. ;)

Someone else said they did not like a couple paired up on the show. I said blame the scriptwriters. One opinion was aired.. (they didn't like the pairing of the couple).. and another person gave their opinion. (the scriptwriters thought up the storyline)...your reply (quoted above) is silly.

• Advertisement

Cris Jones wrote: »
    Someone else said they did not like a couple paired up on the show. I said blame the scriptwriters. One opinion was aired.. (they didn't like the pairing of the couple).. and another person gave their opinion. (the scriptwriters thought up the storyline)...your reply (quoted above) is silly.

Whoa!!! Easy there cowboy. A little less of that animosity and the world would be a better place. No need to get defencive.

And to move swiftly back on topic... does anyone else find it strange that Yvonne Doyle has a completely different accent from the rest of her family?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement