Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

angel01 wrote: »
    I think they get annoyed with Orla still being there tomorrow. Orla didn't look too good tonight, I don't like her with her hair up. She looks quite pregnant now!

Never mind about tomorrow. they looked pretty fed up with her tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Epicurus wrote: »
    Never mind about tomorrow. they looked pretty fed up with her tonight.

I thought it was a bit harsh, some friends they are :( Poor Orla upset talking to Cass :( did you end up paying for an irish proxy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

I thought it was a bit harsh, some friends they are :( Poor Orla upset talking to Cass :( did you end up paying for an irish proxy?

No, seemed to be working fine on rte.ie/live.....for tonight anyway.....so where's Orla going to live now..hardly with Cass in that van. seen as Catriona's room is suddenly spare, any chance she could move in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 EDIROL

I'm interviewing some of the cast tomorrow. Can anyone think of any good questions I should ask?
    Ask Ian is he single! Then ask him where's his local. Thinking of joining up as an extra to get near him, is that scary stalking behaviour?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Who is living in Gina's old house ? If its empty why can't Niamh let Orla stay there ? Poor Orla :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭SOUTH PAW

I'm interviewing some of the cast tomorrow. Can anyone think of any good questions I should ask?

Been away for a week or so, did all my catching up tonight and jaysus could they get Niamh and Paul into any more of it:mad:

My question would be "How do the other cast members feel about the overuse on TV/publicity etc of these two?" and are they aware up there how irritating this pair have become?

I really have to say I think I'll be giving Fair City a miss for a while, I'm finding it increasing hard to watch them, their really not that interesting, and are boring me to tears:(

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

Niamh and Paul took over the centre stage of Fair City a while back. Just when you thought Niamh might get a decent fella in her life (Keith, Rory, anybody else other than Paul Brennan) the scriptwriters make her get back together with Paul again and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

Can't think of any questions myself but lookin forward to reading your interview. Which magazine will it be published in?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Cris Jones wrote: »
    Can't think of any questions myself but lookin forward to reading your interview. Which magazine will it be published in?

It's a radio interview. I'll know when it's airing after the interview is done... well it could be a series of interviews, because lots of the cast have said they'd do an interview.

Anyway, it's for The Late Night Breakfast on Belfield FM, you can check us out on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=129417025215&ref=ts and here's an interview we did last week on location in Dublin Zoo;

I'll let you all know tomorrow night about everyone who I was talking to from the cast... ;)

But for now I'll leave ya's with this... One of the people I'm talking tomorrow is
    Tommy O'Neill (Deegan)
    , so looking forward to that.

Ok my questions (I normally ask certain cast members certain questions so hard to know what to ask as I don't know who most are):

What is the average day like for a fair city actor/actress?
    What are some of their favourite plot lines?
    Is there any character they would love to bring back?

For Deegan:

Will he get reunited with his wife?
    What would he like to see happen for his character in the future?
    Why is he so moany :D all the time?
    Does he get along with Paddy (ZUMO) and what is he like to work with?

I was right you are interviewing Paul (yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn) but anyway here are my questions:

Will he find out about the baby?
    Will he get Niamh Pregnant?
    What does the future hold for Paul?

For Mick Nolan (Ray)

Will Ray work in the garage again?
    Will Ray find love again?

• Advertisement

jos28 wrote: »
    Who is living in Gina's old house ? If its empty why can't Niamh let Orla stay there ? Poor Orla :(

I know Ray was staying there but he moved back to his own place I think. I am not sure whether they have sold that place or not :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

God I hate Orla, such a sponger!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

jos28 wrote: »

Ray is living there i think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Why is he so moany :D all the time?

He had a great one last night. "Tai Chi? Is that the one pensioners do in slow motion?"

God I hate Orla, such a sponger!:rolleyes:

Thats a bit harsh, she would be on the streets without them. my boyfriend was out of work and I had to pay the rent, I wouldn't have him out on the streets. How is she sponging?
    JP Liz wrote: »
    Ray is living there i think

Does he not live with Deegan in the apartment now?

He had a great one last night. "Tai Chi? Is that the one pensioners do in slow motion?"

That was a great line. He has some quality one liners :D

Bill shows his true colours when he lies to Annette's face when she confronts him about his offer to McAleer. After hearing that McAleer offered to 'buy her' from her husband she threatens to go to the police but of course Bill encourages her to keep schtum for fear his dirty little secret is exposed.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

Thats a bit harsh, she would be on the streets without them. my boyfriend was out of work and I had to pay the rent, I wouldn't have him out on the streets. How is she sponging?

Niamh is only her cousin and Orla appears to be relying 100% on her and Paul, (the flat, the office, even lunch :eek:) who clearly aren't loaded themselves and simply can't afford it. She's not being particularly gracious about it either, like the other day when Niamh came in and Orla was just like 'yea yea just get us a drink would ya' :p

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

EDIROL wrote: »
    Ask Ian is he single! Then ask him where's his local. Thinking of joining up as an extra to get near him, is that scary stalking behaviour?;)

Somewhere near Stillorgan shopping centre - saw him there a couple of weeks back ;) He was with a girl not old enough to be his mother, though... :p He's definitely from around there as he was in my school advertising some acting school he's a part of a couple of days later, also in the same area.

Meller wrote: »
    Niamh is only her cousin and Orla appears to be relying 100% on her and Paul, (the flat, the office, even lunch :eek:) who clearly aren't loaded themselves and simply can't afford it. She's not being particularly gracious about it either, like the other day when Niamh came in and Orla was just like 'yea yea just get us a drink would ya' :p

I really don't see the big issue, Orla is at her lowest ebb and she has nothing, no job, no money, nothing. I would help anyone in my family out if they were close to being slung out on the street. I was at my lowest ebb not so long ago and thankfully my family helped me out so I am really thankful for that.

Paul & Niamh both have money, I find it sad how they can just kick her out and not care where or how she sleeps or spends the night. :(

What do you mean, only her cousin? She is meant to be Orla's best friend and blooming hell she is family for heavens sake. Niamh is so self centered, she only cares about herself. She says to Paul the other day "You are being too harsh on her" and then she turns around and kicks Orla out?? If money was so tight for Niamh and Paul, why would they be considering trying for a baby?

• Advertisement

Angel I myself am out of work and unlike Orla do not think I am too good to stand in a dole queue. She wont look for work outside marketing and has no shame in taking money off everybody around her. The dole is **** all but it helps, she is single so she could get the rent supplement but she`d rather take handouts off people that have their own bills to pay.

Also just so ya know my own partner was out of work last year but we managed as they signed on and unlike Orla ate luch at home and didnt hang around bistro`s pubs etc.

Shes a sponger, what kinda person without a cent to their name thinks their too good to claim benefit?? she`d get something. She thinks the world owes her a favour, sorry love they dont!

And on the same subject Niamh has been helping her out with months and shes had enough and i cant blame her, shes not a bloody atm. Sign on and look for work in other areas. She was there a while ago saying a gig for the shelter was beneath her. Make ya sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

Ask Deegan if he is single - I totally fancy him and am sure I could bring a smile to his face:D

Alice1 wrote: »
    Ask Deegan if he is single - I totally fancy him and am sure I could bring a smile to his face:D

:D:D:D Thats defo the 1st time I can ever remember somebody saying they fancied Deegan:D

Angel I myself am out of work and unlike Orla do not think I am too good to stand in a dole queue. She wont look for work outside marketing and has no shame in taking money off everybody around her. The dole is **** all but it helps, she is single so she could get the rent supplement but she`d rather take handouts off people that have their own bills to pay.

Also just so ya know my own partner was out of work last year but we managed as they signed on and unlike Orla ate luch at home and didnt hang around bistro`s pubs etc.

Shes a sponger, what kinda person without a cent to their name thinks their too good to claim benefit?? she`d get something. She thinks the world owes her a favour, sorry love they dont!

And on the same subject Niamh has been helping her out with months and shes had enough and i cant blame her, shes not a bloody atm. Sign on and look for work in other areas. She was there a while ago saying a gig for the shelter was beneath her. Make ya sick!

I know but Orla had her own business and it can be hard to admit failure :( I really like her character and I do feel sorry for her, a lot of people feel ashamed when they have to go sign on and I just feel for her that it has gone wrong and in the preview, she looks so down and upset.

I don't agree with you. I think everyone thinks the world owes us something and when things go wrong, it isn't that bad to feel badly treated or feel that you deserve better. She did try and work things out for herself. Noone deserves to sleep rough and noone deserves to just be cast aside like her family has done to her.

She has been there for Niamh and Niamh being the self centered wagon she is, couldn't care less. As a couple that has struggled for months, we haven't been to the pub in maybe over a year now and we can't afford to do anything and were threatened with losing where we live but we struggle on .. anyhow back to the soap... I hate to say it but the dole pays normally 180 or whatever, for self employed people, I believe it is less.

Poor Orla and I hope Keith helps her out :(:( Orla thinks she is a high flying exec and maybe this will give her the reality shock of her life.
    :D:D:D Thats defo the 1st time I can ever remember somebody saying they fancied Deegan:D

Bloody hell Deegan :eek::D

I know but Orla had her own business and it can be hard to admit failure :( I really like her character and I do feel sorry for her, a lot of people feel ashamed when they have to go sign on and I just feel for her that it has gone wrong and in the preview, she looks so down and upset.

I don't agree with you. I think everyone thinks the world owes us something and when things go wrong, it isn't that bad to feel badly treated or feel that you deserve better. She did try and work things out for herself. Noone deserves to sleep rough and noone deserves to just be cast aside like her family has done to her.

She has been there for Niamh and Niamh being the self centered wagon she is, couldn't care less. As a couple that has struggled for months, we haven't been to the pub in maybe over a year now and we can't afford to do anything and were threatened with losing where we live but we struggle on .. anyhow back to the soap... I hate to say it but the dole pays normally 180 or whatever, for self employed people, I believe it is less.

Poor Orla and I hope Keith helps her out :(:( Orla thinks she is a high flying exec and maybe this will give her the reality shock of her life.

Bloody hell Deegan :eek::D

So as a struggling couple, as I am in one here meself, would you think its ok to keep getting money off family because you or your partner thinks its beneath you to sign on?? Yea its hard to admit defeat but jesus christ half the country are signing on, its sign on or go hungry some of us dont have the option of money off relatives. Shes a sponger, she needs to stop feeling sorry for herself and bloody help herself. She`d get something on the dole if she got off her arse and signed on. ps Niamh didnt cast her aside, as much as I hate niamh she was giving her cash all the time, enough is enough she had to draw a line somewhere!

anyway Deegan, holy moly thats one thing we have to agree on!!:eek::D

So as a struggling couple, as I am in one here meself, would you think its ok to keep getting money off family because you or your partner thinks its beneath you to sign on?? Yea its hard to admit defeat but jesus christ half the country are signing on, its sign on or go hungry some of us dont have the option of money off relatives. Shes a sponger, she needs to stop feeling sorry for herself and bloody help herself. She`d get something on the dole if she got off her arse and signed on. ps Niamh didnt cast her aside, as much as I hate niamh she was giving her cash all the time, enough is enough she had to draw a line somewhere!

anyway Deegan, holy moly thats one thing we have to agree on!!:eek::D

We had cash from the dole but we still needed cash from family to survive. the dole isn't enough for most to live on I am afraid... if we didn't have cash from relatives, we would have sank like the titanic :(

I refuse to accept that Orla is a sponger, she just likes the high life and isn't one to accept having things that aren't so expensive :eek: this is a reality kick for her :(

I think I would prefer Zumo over Deegan... I used to love Rory though :D wish he would come back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

Angel I'm afraid I'm with Johnnybravo on the Orla thing. Paul and Niamh may be her family - but they're not her Mum and Dad.

Not at all impressed with your (& Johnny's) opinion of Deegan. How very dare you! I love the dark, moody looks and he has gorgeous eyes..... an' I fancy him and that is that!

*Ali stomps off muttering*

Alice1 wrote: »
    Angel I'm afraid I'm with Johnnybravo on the Orla thing. Paul and Niamh may be her family - but they're not her Mum and Dad.

Not at all impressed with your (& Johnny's) opinion of Deegan. How very dare you! I love the dark, moody looks and he has gorgeous eyes..... an' I fancy him and that is that!

*Ali stomps off muttering*

You like that greasy hair look :eek::eek: I like his one liners though :D

I think everyone falls on hard times unfortunately and I think your family are there to help you out. I guess at times Orla doesn't help herself by still going out to the pub, vinos etc (which we didn't do) but I still feel sorry for her. I hope Cass, Keith stand by her and show Niamh what family loyalty is all about :(:mad:

Changing topic.. I am still laughing to myself at the weak exit storyline they gave Caitriona... is anyone not going to break the sad news to Duncan? ;):D or are they not going to bother telling Sean or Rachel? Whats the bets Sean will vanish now too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Niamh and Orla are cousins, as far as I remember their mothers were sisters. Does that not make Cass Orla's grandad. Ray is still living in the apartment so Gina's house must be empty. Remember Barry was creeping in there at night time. And while I'm here, will Annette's weirdo husband STOP breathing loudly through his nose. Its driving me mad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement