Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

jos28 wrote: »
    Niamh and Orla are cousins, as far as I remember their mothers were sisters. Does that not make Cass Orla's grandad. And while I'm here, will Annette's weirdo husband STOP breathing loudly through his nose. Its driving me mad.

lol Im really starting to like Bill:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I have missed Fair City, it was on at 7.30 :( will have to catch up tomorrow morning on RTE player :mad::mad:

lol Im really starting to like Bill:D

I liked him at first, now he is just a bit laughable and OTT :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

angel01 wrote: »
    I liked him at first, now he is just a bit laughable and OTT :eek:

God yea the accent and the breathing, whats he like! I didnt like him at 1st Im kinda warming to his sinister side :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 LemonLyman

Is it me or were tonight's and last night's pretty outstanding episodes? They really drew me in and made me care. And, while I'm up here, I Lem, yer only man, hereby nominate the Cass reference to Deegan "I hope that poker of his doesn't fall out" as the line of the year to date.

The Macalear Bill exchange in the office was brilliant brilliant writing. Gotta love this show. When it hits heights it hits heights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

And while I'm here, will Annette's weirdo husband STOP breathing loudly through his nose.

It's not just me, then. That really bothered me last night.

What happened with Caitriona, by the way? I wasn't paying attention.

It's not just me, then. That really bothered me last night.

What happened with Caitriona, by the way? I wasn't paying attention.

She has left to go to London

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Eddie_1980

What the hell is Annette thinking?

After all the trouble she caused the last time around and going through rehab, you'd think that she'd have the sense to know that she can't just take one drink.

Can't wait for tomorrow when Niamh attacks her in McCoys.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

I think I would prefer Zumo over Deegan... I used to love Rory though :D wish he would come back!!

Now that he's finished with his Lisbon Treaty ads, maybe he will!

I didnt like him at 1st Im kinda warming to his sinister side :)

That's a good point. The new characters are brilliant, but the one thing the programme is short of is good villains.

Zumo is great, but it was almost a shock to see him being cruel to Charlie last night. He's been domesticated a bit by having his granny in town. (And by being frightened of Duncan's tackle, in fairness).

I'm with Angel on the new starting time, by the way. Why do they mess around with it like this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Eddie_1980

Why did they change the time?

They could just as easily have put Off The Rails on at 7.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

Changing topic.. I am still laughing to myself at the weak exit storyline they gave Caitriona... is anyone not going to break the sad news to Duncan? ;):D or are they not going to bother telling Sean or Rachel? Whats the bets Sean will vanish now too?

Fair City is the same as saying a "weak storyline"...Captain Negative should bring up these questions in his or her interviews.

Niamh and Orla are cousins, as far as I remember their mothers were sisters. Does that not make Cass Orla's grandad. Ray is still living in the apartment so Gina's house must be empty. Remember Barry was creeping in there at night time. And while I'm here, will Annette's weirdo husband STOP breathing loudly through his nose. Its driving me mad.

I think Cass:eek: is a step-grandad. So Niamh called him anyway.

It's a radio interview. I'll know when it's airing after the interview is done... well it could be a series of interviews, because lots of the cast have said they'd do an interview.

Anyway, it's for The Late Night Breakfast on Belfield FM, you can check us out on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=129417025215&ref=ts and here's an interview we did last week on location in Dublin Zoo;

I'll let you all know tomorrow night about everyone who I was talking to from the cast... ;)

But for now I'll leave ya's with this... One of the people I'm talking tomorrow is
    Tommy O'Neill (Deegan)
    , so looking forward to that.

Do Keep Us Posted as you have said you would.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Bill and his leather jacket are wrecking my head!

Think Fair City deserves real credit at the moment, their story lines are very interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭john-joe

joey54 wrote: »
    Bill and his leather jacket are wrecking my head!

Think Fair City deserves real credit at the moment, their story lines are very interesting!

Whats the story with his (bill) accent??:pac::pac::pac:

and is that a wheel nut around his neck:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Cris Jones wrote: »
    Do Keep Us Posted as you have said you would.:)

yeah sorry, had a bit of a hectic day and much partying was done tonight, so wasn't online, but I've all the gossip here now... :D

Well, I spent some time in RTÉ today, where I interviewed, Tommy O'Neill (Deegan), Tom Hopkins (Christy), Aisling O'Neill (Carol), Sam Corry (Robert)... I'll upload the interview to youtube at some stage tomorrow and add a link here, but they were all really nice and I had a great time talking to them and they were nice enough to say we should come back and talk to them again at some stage.

While I was there I managed to gather some information about what they were filming and who was on set;
    They were filming a courtroom scene - something to do with the whole Flyod/Heather storyline that's been ongoing for a few years... Bob and Renee are back for this - I saw them on set, but we've yet to find out how long they're back on set. Most of the people on set, you'd expect them to be involved in the courtroom stuff, but I also spotted Cleo floating about the place and of course Robert was there too - Tommy, Tom and Aisling kept telling me how great a character Robert is, so I'm really looking forward to his storylines and Sam who plays him was really quite modest when the other cast members were saying how great his character is.
    Someone else I saw floating around RTÉ today, and I'm honestly not certain if she was involved in the filming or just happened to be in RTÉ was Annette - now as I understand is to be killed off in upcoming weeks, so I was surprised to see her there as I thought her final scenes had been filmed, but I'm now thinking her death may just be a rumour.

God yea the accent and the breathing, whats he like! I didnt like him at 1st Im kinda warming to his sinister side :)

His breathing was really annoying :eek:
    LemonLyman wrote: »
    Is it me or were tonight's and last night's pretty outstanding episodes? They really drew me in and made me care. And, while I'm up here, I Lem, yer only man, hereby nominate the Cass reference to Deegan "I hope that poker of his doesn't fall out" as the line of the year to date.

The Macalear Bill exchange in the office was brilliant brilliant writing. Gotta love this show. When it hits heights it hits heights.

Brilliant episodes. I really enjoyed them and what a line!
    Eddie_1980 wrote: »
    What the hell is Annette thinking?

After all the trouble she caused the last time around and going through rehab, you'd think that she'd have the sense to know that she can't just take one drink.

Can't wait for tomorrow when Niamh attacks her in McCoys.

Good to see you back Eddie, missed you around the thread!

Annette has been brainwashed :(
    yeah sorry, had a bit of a hectic day and much partying was done tonight, so wasn't online, but I've all the gossip here now... :D

Well, I spent some time in RTÉ today, where I interviewed, Tommy O'Neill (Deegan), Tom Hopkins (Christy), Aisling O'Neill (Carol), Sam Corry (Robert)... I'll upload the interview to youtube at some stage tomorrow and add a link here, but they were all really nice and I had a great time talking to them and they were nice enough to say we should come back and talk to them again at some stage.

While I was there I managed to gather some information about what they were filming and who was on set;
    They were filming a courtroom scene - something to do with the whole Flyod/Heather storyline that's been ongoing for a few years... Bob and Renee are back for this - I saw them on set, but we've yet to find out how long they're back on set. Most of the people on set, you'd expect them to be involved in the courtroom stuff, but I also spotted Cleo floating about the place and of course Robert was there too - Tommy, Tom and Aisling kept telling me how great a character Robert is, so I'm really looking forward to his storylines and Sam who plays him was really quite modest when the other cast members were saying how great his character is.
    Someone else I saw floating around RTÉ today, and I'm honestly not certain if she was involved in the filming or just happened to be in RTÉ was Annette - now as I understand is to be killed off in upcoming weeks, so I was surprised to see her there as I thought her final scenes had been filmed, but I'm now thinking her death may just be a rumour.

Wow! so there is still a chance... that has cheered me right up :D
    though I thought 2 die so was thinking Bill and Annette, maybe it will be Bill and Seamus with Annette to survive? not really a fan of Robert to be honest, I adore Aisling though.

I thought it was a great episode and poor Orla at the end :(

Looks like Keith Duffy won't be coming back. Just read an interview in a magazine where he says

Q: What is the story regarding Fair City? Is Ringo going to get another airing?

A: No Definately not, He came in, timing didn't work. I had too many other things on at the same time so I couldn't commit. Whereas Corrie came along, looks like the timing is going to work out and it's meant to be.

Spoilers for next week:
    Bill is turning even sicker now. Himself and McAleer are arch enemies and McAleer is resorting to desperate measures to get Annette back. When an attempt at a double cross goes wrong, Bill's position strengthens and warns McAleer he will set Annette off the wagon for the rest of her life. McAleer tries to play the long game and wait for Bill to leave town until Bill says he will bring Annette back to the states with him. Dermot then suggests Annette set up a free legal advice clinic in the community centre. She is really interested but Bill manipulates her and guilt trips her to go with with him. it doesn't really work this time. is Bill losing his grip?

Elsewhere there is a dispute over who is actually mayor of Carrigstown. Carol is set to make it difficult for Charlie and won't hand back the chain. Charlie fights back and heckles her speeches and things get physical and peacemaker Dermot gets injured. The row makes it on to the Northside Post and Bela steps in and informs everyone the position of mayor has been suspended. Christy and Carol have a poignant meal together on the anniversary of Lorcan's death and Christy remembers his own son.

Over at McCoy's, Niamh, Keith, Cass and Orla wind each other up no end. Cass claims he and Orla are kindred spirits and she isn't impressed. keith tells Niamh he disapproves of her attitude towards orla and Nimah has a go at Orla for subletting her apartment.

Ray feels he is ready to wome back to work in the garage (he misses the fun) but Paul isn't sure about rehiring him with business the way it is. keith is appalled and suggests he sacks Saoirse to make room for Ray. remember the adioption process, well back to that. Felix comes to Dermot and Jo's for lunch and they accidently slip up when they speak about how much money Brendan's upcoming trial will cost in support. The launch of Annette's free legal service is a great success and Dermot is so happy and says about all the good they can do in the community, Annette is very positive about the project.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

Do you work for RTE? Good to have Brendan back, was Heather there as I know she is busy with her play?

Hi Angel. Yup I work for RTE but not on fair city! Heather was in the canteen with brendan so I'm assuming she is back for the trial!
    I haven't seen Annette around so she might well be dead in the fire. I can confirm that everyones favorite characters Paul and Niamh are uninjured! We saw them walking by the explosion site 2 weeks ago!
    Don't think I've any other gossip, will keep an eye out!

Edited: Sorry about spoiler! New to the board!

• Advertisement

myxi wrote: »
    Hi Angel. Yup I work for RTE but not on fair city! Heather was in the canteen with brendan so I'm assuming she is back for the trial!
    I haven't seen Annette around so she might well be dead in the fire. I can confirm that everyones favorite characters Paul and Niamh are uninjured! We saw them walking by the explosion site 2 weeks ago!

Don't think I've any other gossip, will keep an eye out!

Can you spoiler that text about Annette...

Yesterday's episode opened with Bela and Cass clearing the rubbish out of Charlie's house. How did they get in? I thought Charlie had demanded his key back.

Yesterday's episode opened with Bela and Cass clearing the rubbish out of Charlie's house. How did they get in? I thought Charlie had demanded his key back.

Yeah I wondered about that.. unless he left his door open :eek: or else Zumo taught him a few tricks how to get in :D

I love me a conundrum. Let us figure this out....Hmmm 2 tenants, 2 keys makes sense. Charlie gets one key back from Bela, let's say it's Duncan's. So far so good. That leaves one key outstanding...Zumo's. granny bishop took it from him, gave it to her friend Cass, who used it to let himself and Bela in to clean up... Do I get a prize? I'm still hankering after one of those Cass " I am a lion" Tee shirts....

I love me a conundrum. Let us figure this out....Hmmm 2 tenants, 2 keys makes sense. Charlie gets one key back from Bela, let's say it's Duncan's. So far so good. That leaves one key outstanding...Zumo's. granny bishop took it from him, gave it to her friend Cass, who used it to let himself and Bela in to clean up... Do I get a prize? I'm still hankering after one of those Cass " I am a lion" Tee shirts....

Well thought out :D

Well thought out :D

Why Thank you, angel01. That's me for October. Braincells need recharging.

Why Thank you, angel01. That's me for October. Braincells need recharging.

I would have thought Charlie would ask for the other key back instead of just telling Bela and Cass to leave ;)

How could I ever have doubted them?

Fair City, send this man a t-shirt.

• Advertisement

Next Fair City Interview:

What would you like to ask the actress who plays Heather Daly?

Next month, the Fair City Website will be putting viewers' questions to Úna Kavanagh, who plays Heather Daly.

If you were to sit down for a coffee in McCoys with Úna what would ask her about life in Carrigstown?

E-mail your questions to faircity@rte.ie with the subject line Úna Kavangh interview.

We'll select the best questions and put them to her.

The deadline for questions is Sunday November 1st.

Heather Daly has been caught up in alot of controversay in Carrigstown. Her husband Brendan has fathered another child who has been adopted by Dermot and Jo and she herself had an incestous affair with her half-brother Floyd. Renee gave her up for adoption but she soon found her, ties between them are still fraught. She is a sucessful author and has a daughter Eleanor. What lies in store for Heather with the big trial coming up...?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement