Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Jesus hes like a fly strip for women:) She said she heard it on the radio, I dunno , could be someone raving;) But it is Paul so nothing would surprise me!

Niamh is as bad LOL

I married Paul - they got legally separated and then never got divorced so when we got back together we had a blessing.

Niamh has been with: Barry, Leo, Paul, Derrick, Rory, Keith and then Paul again. She was engaged to Barry, Paul and Derrick. She's a modern representation of a woman and she is going to audition as many guys as she can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

angel01 wrote: »
    Niamh is as bad LOL

I married Paul - they got legally separated and then never got divorced so when we got back together we had a blessing.

Niamh has been with: Barry, Leo, Paul, Derrick, Rory, Keith and then Paul again. She was engaged to Barry, Paul and Derrick. She's a modern representation of a woman and she is going to audition as many guys as she can.

Jesus she could open a jewllers with all them rings:D

Really hoping it comes out about Paul and Yvonne, I reckon Yvonne and Niamh could be a good bitch fight. Be a bit unfair if Connie jumped in, shes more man than Paul to be fair:D

Jesus she could open a jewllers with all them rings:D

Really hoping it comes out about Paul and Yvonne, I reckon Yvonne and Niamh could be a good bitch fight. Be a bit unfair if Connie jumped in, shes more man than Paul to be fair:D

Its amazing the two of them are bed hoppers!! I find them so boring together. All she does is nag on and on and he just stands there going on at Rachel. he seems to forget he has another son and he isn't that bothered about him!

That would be good, Louie would probably get involved too :D

Its amazing the two of them are bed hoppers!! I find them so boring together. All she does is nag on and on and he just stands there going on at Rachel. he seems to forget he has another son and he isn't that bothered about him!

That would be good, Louie would probably get involved too :D

Oisin yea hes not been in it now for a while too he hasnt.

Both of them would bore anyone to tears they really would!
    lol wonder what Renee will make of Christys new woman, no comparison Carols worth 100 of Renee:)

Oisin yea hes not been in it now for a while too he hasnt.

Both of them would bore anyone to tears they really would!
    lol wonder what Renee will make of Christys new woman, no comparison Carols worth 100 of Renee:)

I like Renee so I am glad her and Bob are coming back though I am not too sure where they will live now :eek: I think Renee will be really surprised and I think she just expected Christy to be after her forever!

I think he comes into the show around school breaks like Christmas, Easter or the summer.

• Advertisement

I like Renee so I am glad her and Bob are coming back though I am not too sure where they will live now :eek: I think Renee will be really surprised and I think she just expected Christy to be after her forever!

I think he comes into the show around school breaks like Christmas, Easter or the summer.

Ah I never really liked Renee, she broke poor christies heart! and that whole Turlock thing, It was vomit enducing!

We`d be lost without our soaps so we would. Its taken some getting used to but I am loving Thursday evenings now, Eastenders Fair city and Corrie, keeps me outa trouble for a few hours:D

Ah I never really liked Renee, she broke poor christies heart! and that whole Turlock thing, It was vomit enducing!

We`d be lost without our soaps so we would. Its taken some getting used to but I am loving Thursday evenings now, Eastenders Fair city and Corrie, keeps me outa trouble for a few hours:D

Don't remind me of that Turlough thing, that really was rotten. I hated him. :eek:

We definately would. I don't really watch Corrie that often anymore. EE, Fair City for me :D

Don't remind me of that Turlough thing, that really was rotten. I hated him. :eek:

We definately would. I don't really watch Corrie that often anymore. EE, Fair City for me :D

Now that I think of it where did Unas sister go? I cant even remember her name now. Her and Keith slept together didnt they?

I wasnt sure really were Una and Keith meant to be finsihed or not and then did Una know about him and her sister. lol I find with fair city if you miss the wrong episode or 2 you miss loads. I remember missing 2 eps before and next thing I know Mikes dead and buried:eek:

Now that I think of it where did Unas sister go? I cant even remember her name now. Her and Keith slept together didnt they?

I wasnt sure really were Una and Keith meant to be finsihed or not and then did Una know about him and her sister. lol I find with fair city if you miss the wrong episode or 2 you miss loads. I remember missing 2 eps before and next thing I know Mikes dead and buried:eek:

Cliodhna I think her name is, she went to Africa I think to follow Ringo, I doubt she will come back now that Ringo isn't coming back. Pointless characters I thought. Why introduce them, to just write them out and why did Keith duffy sign up if he wasn't interested :confused:

Una doesn't know about Keith & Cliodhna, though who knows if she was told in Africa or not. I remember Mike dying, I was like this :eek: though now it has its advantages with the introduction with Louie :D:D and of course Yvonne coming back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

B-bbut is Deegan single?

• Advertisement

Cliodhna I think her name is, she went to Africa I think to follow Ringo, I doubt she will come back now that Ringo isn't coming back. Pointless characters I thought. Why introduce them, to just write them out and why did Keith duffy sign up if he wasn't interested :confused:

Una doesn't know about Keith & Cliodhna, though who knows if she was told in Africa or not. I remember Mike dying, I was like this :eek: though now it has its advantages with the introduction with Louie :D:D and of course Yvonne coming back!

lol this Louis is an improvement alright on that fraudster brother that turned up when Mike first died. Christ he was brutal.

Got to say Im missing Geraldine and her crazy eyes! The night she thrashed the bistro remains in my head as BEST EP EVER!! It was brilliant, the crazy eyes soooo funny:D

Alice1 wrote: »
    B-bbut is Deegan single?

In the soap, he is still after his ex wife... but in real life, check out his new play thing and your luck might be in :D

Check out his management :p

http://www.lbmactors.com/default2.asp?active_page_id=88

Seems Robin, Cleo, Christy, Ali's uncle, Garrigan, Frances, Ian also share that management :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Here's the interview I did with Tommy O'Neill, Tom Hopkins, Sam Corry and Aisling O'Neill yesterday for anyone interested in hearing it...

Fair play to you, Captain, you got some great stuff out of them. Very interesting. I love hearing about the process - only getting their scripts two weeks in advance, etc. Well done.

Will you go back again? I'd love to hear you interview some of the writers and producers.

They never come out from behind the screen in the dole office:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Fair play to you, Captain, you got some great stuff out of them. Very interesting. I love hearing about the process - only getting their scripts two weeks in advance, etc. Well done.

Will you go back again? I'd love to hear you interview some of the writers and producers.

Thanks.
    I might go back again at some stage, on a day when they're not as busy and can spend a bit more time talking to us.
    Might even try to spend an entire day on set, talking to people.

Thanks.
    I might go back again at some stage, on a day when they're not as busy and can spend a bit more time talking to us.
    Might even try to spend an entire day on set, talking to people.

Do you think they'd let you sit in on a couple of script meetings? If you promised not to publish the tapes until the stories were broadcast, or whatever, it could be a really interesting insight into how decisions get made.

(Not that your whole life revolves around Fair City.)

Am I missing things or are they making a complete arse of the Bela and Charlie story? First there was the stuff about the key. Now we start an episode with Charlie and Bela being best friends again. When did that happen? Yesterday Charlie hated him!

Then we have that "I'll be your masseuse" line from the Bangarda, coming out of nowhere. Would she really say that to her superior officer? Her superior officer who hates her? Just because they've done a bit of Tai Chi together?

Orla's dialogue is also utterly unbelievable: "All the chances I've had. All the men I've had. I never thought it would end." Is that supposed to be how people talk? It sounds like a 1930s movie to me.

There were no good one-liners either, if you don't count the ridiculous strop in the dole office. Awful, awful script. Boring and crass. That was the first bad episode for a long time. Very disappointing.

AND the stupid damn thing ran out on Sky Box, so I miss the end of the episode. Who organises this crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

AND the stupid damn thing ran out on Sky Box, so I miss the end of the episode. Who organises this crap?

Ah crap, that means I might as well wait to watch it on the RTE player tomorrow.

Am I missing things or are they making a complete arse of the Bela and Charlie story? First there was the stuff about the key. Now we start an episode with Charlie and Bela being best friends again. When did that happen? Yesterday Charlie hated him!

Then we have that "I'll be your masseuse" line from the Bangarda, coming out of nowhere. Would she really say that to her superior officer? Her superior officer who hates her? Just because they've done a bit of Tai Chi together?

Orla's dialogue is also utterly unbelievable: "All the chances I've had. All the men I've had. I never thought it would end." Is that supposed to be how people talk? It sounds like a 1930s movie to me.

There were no good one-liners either, if you don't count the ridiculous strop in the dole office. Awful, awful script. Boring and crass. That was the first bad episode for a long time. Very disappointing.

same. I recorded mine on my NTL DVR and it ran out :mad: have to watch again now on RTE player. I am sick of programmes not running to time schedules. tends to happen all the time on blooming BBC, now RTE too :mad:

I thought when did Bela and Charlie make up. Maybe this time we will actually see them make up this time :rolleyes: I guess we are supposed to believe they made up after Dermot said "True friendship is a rare thing" in the pub the day before and it happened off camera.

I thought the episode overall was quite good. I thought Deegan was quite funny and I do love Jennifer, great addition to the cast.

I still feel sorry for McAleer, he really feels torn :(

They never come out from behind the screen in the dole office:rolleyes:

Maybe if you slag them off enough, they will :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Eddie_1980

I was just waiting for Niamh to verbally attack Annette, and she was right to do it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Morgans

The lad in the dole office coming out from his cubicle to at first berate Orla personally, before then doing a complete 180 after a sentence from Cass, was brilliant.

Its probably only against the background of a "serious" drama can TV be this funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 LemonLyman

Pretty damning indictment there. And pretty accurate too. It was a big drop in standard.

Eddie_1980 wrote: »
    I was just waiting for Niamh to verbally attack Annette, and she was right to do it too.

I still love Annette though. Given half the chance, I would verbally attack Niamh too :D

I still love Annette though. Given half the chance, I would verbally attack Niamh too :D

She just won't stop drinking though :D

How many times has Niamh verbally attacked her now??

1. At Gina's funeral
    2. At Gina's Memorial
    3. In McCoys (X2)

:D:D:D:D

She just won't stop drinking though :D

How many times has Niamh verbally attacked her now??

1. At Gina's funeral
    2. At Gina's Memorial
    3. In McCoys (X2)

:D:D:D:D

Most alcoholics find it hard to stop drinking. It is an illness and an addiction. It isn't that easy to just stop. Every day is a struggle, every minute is a struggle.

God I hate Niamh :mad::mad:

Most alcoholics find it hard to stop drinking. It is an illness and an addiction. It isn't that easy to just stop. Every day is a struggle, every minute is a struggle.

God I hate Niamh :mad::mad:

She was stopped though. It's that Bill tramp that brainwashed her into thinking that she could have a drink.

Niamh is always attacking people. She threw a pint over Barry's head not so long ago and she's attacking Orla left right and center:D

She was stopped though. It's that Bill tramp that brainwashed her into thinking that she could have a drink.

Niamh is always attacking people. She threw a pint over Barry's head not so long ago and she's attacking Orla left right and center:D

Yes but a lot of people that are alcoholics struggle every day to stop and I found it unrealistic how Annette stopped so easily in the first place.

Yes but a lot of people that are alcoholics struggle every day to stop and I found it unrealistic how Annette stopped so easily in the first place.

She was in Rehab in the states. What I find unrealistic is how after going through treatment in America that she so easily picked up that Vodka earlier in the week. In rehab they teach you that it's the first drink that leads to your downfall again. They teach you that you are powerless over alcohol, yet Anette just seems to have put all that to the back of her head and just decided to do what Bill told her. She's blinded by him. I think she's depending on him and using him as a crutch to get by instead of drinking.

• Advertisement

She was in Rehab in the states. What I find unrealistic is how after going through treatment in America that she so easily picked up that Vodka earlier in the week. In rehab they teach you that it's the first drink that leads to your downfall again. They teach you that you are powerless over alcohol, yet Anette just seems to have put all that to the back of her head and just decided to do what Bill told her. She's blinded by him. I think she's depending on him and using him as a crutch to get by instead of drinking.

They can teach you all they like, it doesn't mean that when you are faced with the drink, that you won't be tempted. Going through treatment anywhere doesn't change a thing. Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement