Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Eddie_1980

Continuity error lol

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tangowhiskey

Was tonight's episode the first that Yvonne hasn't been in it, in a long time? It seems that she's in every single one these days.

Fair City have a habit of banishing characters for weeks on end after a major storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

deelite wrote: »
    Who was minding Benjamin when Dermot and Jo were in the pub?????

Are you saying that they left Benjamin on his own!!:eek: (They probably paid a babysitter..;)...they wouldn't have been depending on Mags this long while anyway as she was in Canada.)
    Enjoyed tonight's episode very much, McAleer is a great character; spoke some good lines tonight, he told Bill no to his offer as Annette wouldn't have him now anyway...I like Annette too, good character in the soap, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Who was minding Benjamin when Dermot and Jo were in the pub?????

Kylie has often babysat for them dow in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Great episode tonight... Love where the whole McAleer/Bill/Annette story is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Great episode tonight... Love where the whole McAleer/Bill/Annette story is going.

It's an unusual story, isn't it? The writers have shown great imagination with it, and they're moving it along at a good pace too. Bill has turned into a proper villain.

Seamus is not someone I ever rated as a character or an actor before, but I guess I was wrong. He's certainly doing a great job now.

I feel the same about Orla, in fact, in the other story. She has never been as good as she is now. I've gone from finding her boring to being a bit sad that we're going to lose her.

I don't think Orla could ever have been described as "boring", MeejaIreland.

...Well...I'm glad I brought it up!...:D

Cris Jones wrote: »
    I don't think Orla could ever have been described as "boring", MeejaIreland.

Not the best choice of words, maybe. She'd certainly be good fun on a night out. She hasn't really had a big story for a long time, though, as far as I remember.

The last one I can think of was when she was two-timing Seamus with his daughter's boyfriend. That seems like a very long time ago, and the story itself just went around in circles.

• Advertisement

Not the best choice of words, maybe. She'd certainly be good fun on a night out. She hasn't really had a big story for a long time, though, as far as I remember.

The last one I can think of was when she was two-timing Seamus with his daughter's boyfriend. That seems like a very long time ago, and the story itself just went around in circles.

I'm enjoying Orla at the moment. It was funny when she flipped out at the social welfare office. I'm also enjoying her bonding with Cass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Tuesday October 13th

Keith has a go at Ray for being a charity case.
    Jo tells Dermot to get on the right track.
    Barry doesn't call Bills bluff.
    Paul shows his sensitive side much to Niamhs disgust.

0002aa5c-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 166

Wednesday October 14th

The Mayors clash at a community centre bash.
    Bill urges Annette to travel back to America with him and start afresh.
    Felix finds out there's no such thing as a free lunch at Jo and Dermots.
    Ray cops on to why Paul is feeling under pressure.

0002aa5e-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 167

Thursday October 15th

Dermot gets Annette on side for some community work.
    Ray is disgruntled by Pauls offer.
    Charlie and Carol make the front pages.
    Bill approaches McAleer with a new offer.

0002aa60-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 168

Sunday October 18th

Bill pulls the wool over everyones eyes in McCoys.
    Cass gives Carol and Charlie an idea to bring to the community committee.
    Malachy broaches Felix for Jo and Dermot unbeknownst to them.

To be honest I watched last nights today and it bored me. I am sick of the Annette/Bill/Seamus storyline. Awww at Barry typing with two fingers :D

I liked the speeches for Mags though, well deserved.

angel01 wrote: »
    0002aa5c-545.jpg

Thanks for the updates. They're pretty discreet this week, but I like the look of this one. I'd forgotten how good Dermot was until last night. A three-way fistfight with Charlie and Carol could make for an entertaining evening.

How come you've gone off the Annette triangle, Angel? It's really only clicked with me in the last episode or two, but I may be coming late to the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

To be honest I watched last nights today and it bored me. I am sick of the Annette/Bill/Seamus storyline. Awww at Barry typing with two fingers :D

+1 bill better be leaving soon, the nasel breathing is getting seriously annoying:mad:

Bill is so annoying. Wake up Annette!

That is the Mayors fighting in the first photo isn't it....

I don't know why you were bored with last night's episode. The speeches for Mags were just Dermot talking. One speech that didn't say enough about a long-standing character like Mags or the great actress who played her.

How many people has Niamh actually launched verbal attacks on lol?

I remember she rang Nicola's door one Christmas and just punched her in the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Eddie_1980 wrote: »
    How many people has Niamh actually launched verbal attacks on lol?

I remember she rang Nicola's door one Christmas and just punched her in the face.

Niamh is a state and a whinge bag! She makes me want to change the channle when I see her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭SOUTH PAW

Niamh is a state and a whinge bag! She makes me want to change the channle when I see her.

+1
    Enough, enough, enough !!!!:mad::mad: I just can't take her anymore:mad:. Please give us a break!!!!.........

and what is the story with Bill's heavy breathing?? surely they can turn his mic down or something it's so annoying/distracting:confused:

• Advertisement

Thanks for the updates. They're pretty discreet this week, but I like the look of this one. I'd forgotten how good Dermot was until last night. A three-way fistfight with Charlie and Carol could make for an entertaining evening.

How come you've gone off the Annette triangle, Angel? It's really only clicked with me in the last episode or two, but I may be coming late to the party.

For me it has gone on too long. Barry had it right, move on and let Annette be with the heck she wants to be with. I find it tiresome at the moment. It is about constantly Annette and Bill :(

Annette finally manages to stand on her own two feet this week by giving something back to Carrigstown when she sets up a free legal advice clinic. Not only that but when she finds out that McAleer offered money to buy her from Bill, she attempts to shame him into confessing all. Eager to avoid that scenario Bill whisks her away telling her that he would never resort to such cheap, vulgar tactics! She also ends up saving Christy's life this week into the bargain! Barry receives abuse from Bela for running a story on the mayoral row and Charlie lashes out at Cass.

Spoiler Alert! Next week's Bill shows the desperate measures he is willing to take in order to get what he wants. The control freak not only pushes Annette into relapsing but then frames her in a drink driving accident, despite the fact that she was nowhere near his fake crime scene. Of course, few believe her when she professes her innocenc, McAleer is the only one willing to stand by Annette now

Bloody hell at next weeks!!

Next weeks!!

Malachy throws himself into life with baby Jane and he wants to get Jane baptised, only problem is he doesn't ask Lara for her approval and Christy questions this and news reaches Dolores and she isn't happy and Dolores confides in Cleo that she has a crisis in the faith of the Catholic church and that is why she is against the baptism but can anyone stop Malachy??

Things go from bad to worse for Poor Annette, Bill has the whole of Carrigstown believing him (bar Seamus) and McAleer insists his concern for Annette has nothing to do with Romance and his feelings for her are not of a romantic one. Bill keeps Annette behind closed doors and manipulates her to others saying she has fallen off the wagon. When Annette finally does fall off the wagon much to bill's happiness, he frames her for dangerous driving!

Elsewhere Ray wants to set up a rival garage to compete with Paul and Paul is furious and reminds Ray he doesn't have the right equipment, safety certs and Ray is downhearted.

Orla finally gets a job (unpaid though) as PR to Charlie and she sees just what a big job she has in store. Ray's new business is struggling and she fiddles his social welfare so he can have two incomes and someone is out to drop him right in it!!

Jo & Dermot are on cloud 9, he says their adoption can go ahead!

Next weeks!!

Malachy throws himself into life with baby Jane and he wants to get Jane baptised, only problem is he doesn't ask Lara for her approval and Christy questions this and news reaches Dolores and she isn't happy and Dolores confides in Cleo that she has a crisis in the faith of the Catholic church and that is why she is against the baptism but can anyone stop Malachy??

Things go from bad to worse for Poor Annette, Bill has the whole of Carrigstown believing him (bar Seamus) and McAleer insists his concern for Annette has nothing to do with Romance and his feelings for her are not of a romantic one. Bill keeps Annette behind closed doors and manipulates her to others saying she has fallen off the wagon. When Annette finally does fall off the wagon much to bill's happiness, he frames her for dangerous driving!

Elsewhere Ray wants to set up a rival garage to compete with Paul and Paul is furious and reminds Ray he doesn't have the right equipment, safety certs and Ray is downhearted.

Orla finally gets a job (unpaid though) as PR to Charlie and she sees just what a big job she has in store. Ray's new business is struggling and she fiddles his social welfare so he can have two incomes and someone is out to drop him right in it!!

Jo & Dermot are on cloud 9, he says their adoption can go ahead!

At least Orla is in it anyway. She's fast becoming my fave character. Hopefully she'll have more scenes with Cass. I really enjoyed their scenes together last week:o

I loved this interview with the actress who plays Ali :) she comes across so lovely and what a beautiful picture of her.

http://i35.tinypic.com/nyd08x.jpg

She's very pretty alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

So is Annette going out in a blaze on glory as was rumoured??

So is Annette going out in a blaze on glory as was rumoured??

I hope not :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

blondie7 wrote: »
    +1 bill better be leaving soon, the nasel breathing is getting seriously annoying:mad:

I'm barely able to cope with the breathing but that squeaky leather jacket everytime he moves his arms is driving me to drink.....

• Advertisement

I'm barely able to cope with the breathing but that squeaky leather jacket everytime he moves his arms is driving me to drink.....

PMSL :D I like Bill but this storyline has gone on and on and on ... give me blooming more Carol, Tracey, Leo, Louie.. anything but bloody the love quadruple Annette/Bill/Seamus/Barry.. gosh its great to be in demand isn't it :eek::D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement