Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Eddie_1980

Tracey seems to have vanished. Typical Fair city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Eddie_1980 wrote: »
    Tracey seems to have vanished. Typical Fair city.

I think she will have asked for a break away (just like Heather)

You're right. Actresses need a break for some time. Hilda Faye must have been wrecked emotionally wrecked after the domestic violence storline.

You're right. Actresses need a break for some time. Hilda Faye must have been wrecked emotionally wrecked after the domestic violence storline.

I think she said in a recent interview, she was emotionally worn out from all the crying and it took it all out of her and she was going home every night purely drained from constantly crying.

angel01 wrote: »
    I think she said in a recent interview, she was emotionally worn out from all the crying and it took it all out of her and she was going home every night purely drained from constantly crying.

It must take it's toll on the actors, especially when they are crying all the time. It shows what a good actress she is tho. I've always liked Tracey. She's a character that you can't help but love.

• Advertisement

It must take it's toll on the actors, especially when they are crying all the time. It shows what a good actress she is tho. I've always liked Tracey. She's a character that you can't help but love.

Me too. She has had so much bad luck. I love her and adore Carol :D

Me too. She has had so much bad luck. I love her and adore Carol :D

Carol is comical. Has she ever slapped someone across the face?

I'm sure she hit Tracey at her wedding for sleeping with Billy, right before they got married?:confused:

Carol is comical. Has she ever slapped someone across the face?

I'm sure she hit Tracey at her wedding for sleeping with Billy, right before they got married?:confused:

Knowing Carol she probably has! She has calmed down now :p Great character and I love Aisling!

Blooming hell I reached 1000 posts :eek: too much nattering about fair city LOL

Knowing Carol she probably has! She has calmed down now :p Great character and I love Aisling!

Blooming hell I reached 1000 posts :eek: too much nattering about fair city LOL

Congrats on the 1000th posts!!!

Actually, thinking about it, sure she didn't know at the stage, did she?

I remember an episode where Carol confronted Tracey and launched a staggering verbal attack on her and called her a whore.:o

Congrats on the 1000th posts!!!

Actually, thinking about it, sure she didn't know at the stage, did she?

I remember an episode where Carol confronted Tracey and launched a staggering verbal attack on her and called her a whore.:o

My memory has gone to the dogs these days :eek:

I love them together, they have a genuine friendship now. Thanks :)

• Advertisement

My memory has gone to the dogs these days :eek:

I love them together, they have a genuine friendship now. Thanks :)

Carol and Tracey really went thu the ringer. They hates each other at one stage (Let's Blame Billy Mehan), but now they are best friends. Carol was there for Tracey a few months back. Heartbreaking scenes.

Only one of my questions got asked :(

Pat Nolan interview: http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/2009/1013/patnolaniv.html

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Carol and Tracey really went thu the ringer. They hates each other at one stage (Let's Blame Billy Mehan), but now they are best friends. Carol was there for Tracey a few months back. Heartbreaking scenes.

There's a great chemistry between the two of them. Their scenes during the domestic violence story were brilliant, pure class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭SOUTH PAW

deelite wrote: »
    I'm barely able to cope with the breathing but that squeaky leather jacket everytime he moves his arms is driving me to drink.....

As I said in OP surely they can turn his mic down or something?? anything bin his jacket ffs! can't figure how the sound works on FC, when the girls walk in wearing their high heels (clip-clopping all over the place) you can hear them from the minute they step in the door yet you can't hear a word the people beside them are saying?? Can they not put rubber tips on their heals or something?

I must send in my questions for Heather tomorrow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

ugggg remembering why I hated Charlie Kelly!!:rolleyes: What a git!

Joes voice goes right through my skull!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Missed Sunday's show.. Who the feck is this Felix guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

Shakyfan wrote: »
    Missed Sunday's show.. Who the feck is this Felix guy?

Well he's a bit of alright! (Not a patch on Deegan though)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

I think she will have asked for a break away (just like Heather)

No; Fair City regularly rotates the characters. And Hilda Fay has her own commitments as an acclaimed theatre actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

That storyline was months ago and Hilda Fay has other acting jobs outside of Fair City.:)

• Advertisement

Cris Jones wrote: »
    That storyline was months ago and Hilda Fay has other acting jobs outside of Fair City.:)

I know it was months ago, but I'm just saying that actors/actresses must end up emotionally wrecked after filming such scenes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Dermot was good again last night. Has he lost a lot of weight? He looked quite sporty in the running scenes. I did laugh at how Jo set him up. I also laughed every time Bill's jacket creaked. This board is making me look like a lunatic.

Tonight's episode should be great. There were even two or three laughs in the teasers on last night's credits. "Your little, eh, junta is about to be toppled."

Charlie should get a lot more bitchy lines. His accent goes through hilarious contortions when the give him an unusual word too. If I was writing his dialogue, it would be full of macabre plinths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

The Carol and Charlie storyline looks good, Cass's interventions were quite funny last night..what age is she; about 22 i'd say :D

Thew show is getting a lot better lately. It's been on top form. I used to hate Cass, but now I find him comical. They should have more scenes with him and that Eileen Bishop one!

Good episode last night, just caught up now. Poor Annette is blinded, even though the storyline is going on too long.

Carol makes me laugh, she is one of the best characters in the show. Where have Louie & Yvonne gone :(:(

Dermot had me in hysterics again, I adore him & Jo :D

Cris Jones wrote: »
    No; Fair City regularly rotates the characters. And Hilda Fay has her own commitments as an acclaimed theatre actress.

Ok oops :o

Carol is funny tonight.

Will Annette wake up? She's so blinded by Bill. I hope she finds out the truth soon.

Paul is being a pig. Ray is fit for work and he's been working at the garage for a long time.

aargh looks like I have missed fair city again :mad: I thought it was on at 8.. ah well RTE player for me tomorrow :(

Best go and watch Ireland instead :D

aargh looks like I have missed fair city again :mad: I thought it was on at 8.. ah well RTE player for me tomorrow :(

Best go and watch Ireland instead :D

RTE Player should update immediatly after the show is finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

That was a real return to form, I thought. It's been through a bit of a wobble for the last week or so, but tonight's was great. Good comedy with Carol and the mayorship and Dermot and Jo, and the rest of it ticked over nicely. Ray's story must resonate with an awful lot of people.

Felix is a good addition to the cast. There is a bit of a gap in the line, however. The new men in the last year or two have tended to be pretty good-looking - Dean, Troy, Louie, Keith Duffy, this guy. But what about the women? Where are all the new pin-ups?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement