Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Eddie_1980

That was a real return to form, I thought. It's been through a bit of a wobble for the last week or so, but tonight's was great. Good comedy with Carol and the mayorship and Dermot and Jo, and the rest of it ticked over nicely. Ray's story must resonate with an awful lot of people.

Felix is a good addition to the cast. There is a bit of a gap in the line, however. The new men in the last year or two have tended to be pretty good-looking - Dean, Troy, Louie, Keith Duffy, this guy. But what about the women? Where are all the new pin-ups?

Carol had me in stitches last night when she told Charlie that if her touched her mayoral chain that he'd be picking bits of it out of his head for a week:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Eddie_1980 wrote: »
    RTE Player should update immediatly after the show is finished.

You have to wait hours :rolleyes:

Great episode. Brilliant comedy from Carol, Jo & Dermot. Really enjoyed it :D

angel01 wrote: »
    You have to wait hours :rolleyes:

Great episode. Brilliant comedy from Carol, Jo & Dermot. Really enjoyed it :D

I know. I'm always waiting for it to update EE when I miss an episode.

Carol always makes me laugh. When she was grabbing the mic off Charlie and Dermot was comical and then when she told Charlie that if her touched her chain he'd be picking it out of his head for a week.

I really hope she stays in the show for a long time to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭cjbh

Knowing Carol she probably has! She has calmed down now :p Great character and I love Aisling!

Blooming hell I reached 1000 posts :eek: too much nattering about fair city LOL

You really should be a Fair City moderator, Angel

cjbh wrote: »
    You really should be a Fair City moderator, Angel

:o I know I am that sad :p
    I know. I'm always waiting for it to update EE when I miss an episode.

Carol always makes me laugh. When she was grabbing the mic off Charlie and Dermot was comical and then when she told Charlie that if her touched her chain he'd be picking it out of his head for a week.

I really hope she stays in the show for a long time to come.

It is really annoying, I am sure the Iplayer for the BBC updates straight away. Typical RTE.

Carol is one of the best things (if not the best) in Fair City and she was brilliant again. She can do serious, comedy all in one. A great asset to the show.

I am back to loving this Annette storyline again :eek: :D

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

can someone tell me how Cha Cha can change his accent from a kinda slightly northside Marino accent to a D4 twang mid sentence,it's doing my head in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

heavyballs wrote: »
    can someone tell me how Cha Cha can change his accent from a kinda slightly northside Marino accent to a D4 twang mid sentence,it's doing my head in

Charlie's accent is like freeform jazz. The normal rules don't apply. You just have to go with the flow, man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

We could see this coming a mile off. Although is she not a little old for him? After Sarah.

It is really annoying, I am sure the Iplayer for the BBC updates straight away. Typical RTE.
    I know, its great :p
    I am back to loving this Annette storyline again :eek: :D

For how long though? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Charlie's accent is like freeform jazz. The normal rules don't apply. You just have to go with the flow, man.

Charlie's accent is wrecking my head at the moment, I'm just finding the d4ness of it way over the top!

Cass has really grown on me and I'm loving the hard time he's giving Charlie!

And Carole is her usual brilliant self! Fair City would truly be lost without her. All throughout the show is really good at the moment. Keep up the good work fair city!

• Advertisement

Epicurus wrote: »
    We could see this coming a mile off. Although is she not a little old for him? After Sarah.

I know, its great :p

For how long though? :D

I just can't take cowboy Bill too seriously and I love Annette so I couldn't steer clear for long.

I would have prefered Jennifer to go after bad boy Zumo :D

On the topic of wonderful Carol, I think Aisling carries the show a lot and without her, the show would be so boring. She is wonderful in that role. Long live Carol Meehan :D

Jo & Dermot still make me laugh constantly. They are fabulous!!

I just can't take cowboy Bill too seriously and I love Annette so I couldn't steer clear for long.

I would have prefered Jennifer to go after bad boy Zumo :D

On the topic of wonderful Carol, I think Aisling carries the show a lot and without her, the show would be so boring. She is wonderful in that role. Long live Carol Meehan :D

I take it there are no proposed plans for a Carol Phelan

I take it there are no proposed plans for a Carol Phelan

haha, I believe there are plans ;) Aisling laughed it off but I think it could happen :)

I just dreamt about Louie last night :o:D

I just dreamt about Louie last night :o:D

The real one or the fake one :D

The real one or the fake one :D

PMSL... Alan Devine of course... *goes into dream mode* :D

00021927-279.jpg

He's cute!

Tonight's episode:
    Bill pulls the wool over everyones eyes in McCoys. Cass gives Carol and Charlie an idea to bring to the community committee. Malachy broaches Felix for Jo and Dermot unbeknownst to them.

It's not the most exciting synopsis, to be fair - unless
    broaching
    is being used literally, and
    Malachy
    really does
    "pierce, stab, or thrust through" Felix,
    or indeed
    "prick him with spurs"

But appearances can be deceptive. Let's see what they do with it. Is anyone watching?

Nice piece of writing there. I was a bit sceptical of Bela taking the Mayor's position so seriously, until he asked for "Hannah's chain" back. It's obviously about his family. He's seen it falling apart, and now Charlie and Carol are slighting the memory of what it used to be.

Christy and Carol going to classes to "learn how to do it"? [shudders]

Bill's nasal breathing is starting to annoy me.

• Advertisement

Bill's nasal breathing is starting to annoy me.

Wheeeeshh. What makes you. Wheeeeeeeeeeessssssssssshhhh. Say that? Whhhhheesssssssssh?

Wheeeeshh. What makes you. Wheeeeeeeeeeessssssssssshhhh. Say that? Whhhhheesssssssssh?

LOL!

He's a coniving devil making people think that Annette was passed out drunk on the couch. He was clever enough to leave the two bottles of wine so she'd be drove to the edge and drink again.

Please wake up Annette and realize that he's a con artist!

Damn, this is boring. Every time there should be a big barney between the characters, the writer has them shush each other. Christy and Carol should be pulling lumps out of each other. They agree instead. Felix should ream Dermot and Jo for trying to manipulate him. Instead he forgives them before it even comes up.

And why did Doug pretend to be a mechanic? Wouldn't it have been much better if Felix assumed he was, and Doug didn't have the intelligence to disabuse him?

Dull, dull, dull.

Bill's plan worked. Poor Annette was passed out drunk after drinking the TWO bottles of wine. She'll get drunker and drunker now anyway and he'll be loving it.

He's a coniving devil making people think that Annette was passed out drunk on the couch. He was clever enough to leave the two bottles of wine so she'd be drove to the edge and drink again.

You're right, that was pretty clever. Did you hear the noise of his jacket, though? You knew she was pretty pissed when she could sleep through that AND his breathing.

I hate everything about him, though nothing could wake her. She looked intoxicated lmao!

I hate everything about him, though nothing could wake her. She looked intoxicated lmao!

She did it well, didn't she? I love when an actress doesn't care what she looks like. I suppose there's nothing glamorous about alcoholism, and she showed that in a fairly subtle way with how she was sprawled insensibly on the couch.

I've never been a fan of hers, but she's doing some nice work in this story.

She did it well, didn't she? I love when an actress doesn't care what she looks like. I suppose there's nothing glamorous about alcoholism, and she showed that in a fairly subtle way with how she was sprawled insensibly on the couch.

I've never been a fan of hers, but she's doing some nice work in this story.

Remember the episode, going back a good few months, when she was intoxicated in the hotel and fell through the table? Then she made a huge dramatic scene outside the shop when a lady bumped into her and knocked her bottle onto the ground smashed. Annette went menal and screamed "Look what you did you stupid idiot. Then she made another scene in McCoy's when she tried to talk to Barry.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

LOL!

Please wake up Annette and realize that he's a con artist!

He knew what he was doing, didn't he, Eddie...he pretended the drinks were to bring to the lunch with Carol and Christy then left them there while he went off to wind Annette up. Then Carol, Christy and Barry were all sympathizing with him about having his hands full with Annette!

• Advertisement

Cris Jones wrote: »
    He knew what he was doing, didn't he, Eddie...he pretended the drinks were to bring to the lunch with Carol and Christy then left them there while he went off to wind Annette up. Then Carol, Christy and Barry were all sympathizing with him about having his hands full with Annette!

He's too clever. Wish we could have seen Annette drunk tho. She always insults people after a few drinks lol.:D

Imagine her staggering into dinner with Christy and Carol drunk and shouting and roaring like she always does when drunk lmao!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement