Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Eddie_1980 wrote: »
    Imagine her staggering into dinner with Christy and Carol drunk and shouting and roaring like she always does when drunk lmao!

I don't want to keep hammering the writers, but that should have been the climax of the episode. Annette walks into McCoys, where Bill has been making excuses for her, and rips into him. "Are you happy now?", etc.

It would have given him a great opportunity to manipulate her in public, and we could have seen him operating as a really sadistic insidious villain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Eddie_1980

I don't want to keep hammering the writers, but that should have been the climax of the episode. Annette walks into McCoys, where Bill has been making excuses for her, and rips into him. "Are you happy now?", etc.

It would have given him a great opportunity to manipulate her in public, and we could have seen him operating as a really sadistic insidious villain.

The storyline is set to get better next week, or so the continuity announcer says!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Cris Jones wrote: »
    ...he pretended the drinks were to bring to the lunch with Carol and Christy !

Bill the lying, conniving cheapskate, that red wine that he brought to bring to lunch is currently €4 in Tescos.

jos28 wrote: »
    Bill the lying, conniving cheapskate, that red wine that he brought to bring to lunch is currently €4 in Tescos.

He's pushing Annette over the edge. First with the drinks in McCoys, then the bottle of red wine and then leaving the bottles there knowing she was on edge and would drink then. He certainly knows how to play on her.

I wish she would wake up and realize that he's only after the money.

I don't believe he is even an alcoholic. He had that one Whiskey last week and seems to be doing great without it, while Annette is back on the bottle and passing out on the couch in a drunken stupor.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I always knew that Bill was a bad 'un, even when he was on Bosco I had my doubts about him.:D

• Advertisement

duridian wrote: »
    I always knew that Bill was a bad 'un, even when he was on Bosco I had my doubts about him.

"Come with me, Bosco. Through the door. That's right. The magic door."

(Leans in close, wheezes, fingers his wing-nut pendant menacingly.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

The storyline is set to get better next week, or so the continuity announcer says!

Well then it must be true :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

He's pushing Annette over the edge. First with the drinks in McCoys, then the bottle of red wine and then leaving the bottles there knowing she was on edge and would drink then. He certainly knows how to play on her.

I wish she would wake up and realize that he's only after the money.

I don't believe he is even an alcoholic. He had that one Whiskey last week and seems to be doing great without it, while Annette is back on the bottle and passing out on the couch in a drunken stupor.:mad:

It is because he pushed her too it and was delighted when he found out that she had wine. He frames her for dangerous driving.

Nice piece of writing there. I was a bit sceptical of Bela taking the Mayor's position so seriously, until he asked for "Hannah's chain" back. It's obviously about his family. He's seen it falling apart, and now Charlie and Carol are slighting the memory of what it used to be.

Christy and Carol going to classes to "learn how to do it"? [shudders]

Having missed thursdays episode, I just tuned in in time to hear Carol say that to Annette and Seamus..:D Thought it ws the beginning of a swingers party or something. Perish the thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

Bill is manipulating just fine with him out in the public saying Annette is elsewhere getting sloshed. People are believing him too, except McAleer of course.

• Advertisement

Thought Annette was slowly waking up to Bill tonight. Her treatment of him in the community centre was deserved. She knows he moved the car.

Who does Malachy think he is? Getting Jane christened without even mentioning it to Dolores, she should make him move in the mr snowy and invite cass in as punishment. Although is Cass just living there anyway, himself and Cleo on the couch tonight.

Doug :D wait till Paul is out of sight anyway. He was in there straight away.

Cris Jones wrote: »
    Bill is manipulating just fine with him out in the public saying Annette is elsewhere getting sloshed. People are believing him too, except McAleer of course.

You're right. I've been very hard on it recently. I blame winter and premature ageing.

Annette was good again tonight. You could see how dry her mouth was when she woke up. There was some lovely directing too. When Bill asked Annette where her keys were, sbe said they were in her bag. Instead of opening it himself, he meekly passed to to her. It made him look so decent in front of Dermot and Barry, you could see how tough an opponent he will be. It's a great, great story.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Loving Ray's storyline at the moment...
    I hope Charlie will be paying Orla for the work she's gonna do... It'd be nice to see her land on her feet again...

Charlie doesn't pay Orla for the work she is doing I am afraid. I am loving Annette, she is playing the part very well and how I want to slap Bucko Bill :eek::D I am presuming the big scenes will be next week :eek:

Elsewhere I can't be bothered with the Ray stuff :o and where the heck has Louie gone :(:(

About Duncan:

NATHAN GORDON
    Didn’t finish : PhD in the archaeology of the urban funerary landscape of 18th- and 19th-century Dublin.
    Did : One year of PhD.
    Since leaving college : Theatre work with Victor Feldman and Painted Filly.
    Currently : Playing Don Juan in Don Juan in Hell at the Limerick Theatre Hub and Belltable Arts Centre; television role as Duncan on Fair City

Nathan Gordon packed in a funded archaeology PhD in UCD to pursue acting. “I was never going to be a brilliant figure in it. I felt like I was blagging it. With drama, I felt like I was being truer to a bigger part of myself,” he says.

So he wrote grateful letters of goodbye to the school of archaeology, then signed on the dole for the first time in his life, before taking a job in a gift shop. He saw the PhD as part of the process of working out who he was. “I don’t regret it.” He was soon cast in the role of Duncan on RTÉ’s Fair City . “My god, it was humiliating how bad I was, and how much I had to learn about acting for the camera.”

UP-and-coming actor Yare Jegbefume, who is the brother of X Factor reject Azi, made his debut appearance in hit RTE soap Fair City last night.
    http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/yare-makes-his-mark-on-fair-city-1916890.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Renee back next week and moves in with Christy she makes a move on him (she has a fight with Bob) - not going to go down well with Carol

JP Liz wrote: »
    Renee back next week and moves in with Christy she makes a move on him (she has a fight with Bob) - not going to go down well with Carol

Oh please. I hope she gets the cold shoulder.

angel01 wrote: »
    UP-and-coming actor Yare Jegbefume, who is the brother of X Factor reject Azi, made his debut appearance in hit RTE soap Fair City last night.
    http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/yare-makes-his-mark-on-fair-city-1916890.html

Im confused.
    That article is dated 17th October (Saturday). Since when is Fair City on on a Friday night...and if it refered to his appearance last night? wasnt he on it last week.

• Advertisement

Epicurus wrote: »
    Im confused.
    That article is dated 17th October (Saturday). Since when is Fair City on on a Friday night...and if it refered to his appearance last night? wasnt he on it last week.

Yeah I know, he has featured in it even before then as a once off when Jo & Dermot were first interviewed for the fostering process. I remember Dermot joking about doing the hoovering and making sure no dead bodies were up there :D:pac:

Some spoilers about the cliffhanger Halloween episode!

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/oh-no-it-all-goes-awry-in-fair-city-for-halloween-cliffhanger-1919721.html
    I bet its Annette that goes :(:(:( please be bucko bill

angel01 wrote: »
    Some spoilers about the cliffhanger Halloween episode!

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/oh-no-it-all-goes-awry-in-fair-city-for-halloween-cliffhanger-1919721.html
    I bet its Annette that goes :(:(:( please be bucko bill

What odds on it being someone completely random; Niamh for example.

Epicurus wrote: »
    What odds on it being someone completely random; Niamh for example.

They should make it even more random than that. Hughie or somone comes back from the distant past, and a Calor Kosangas barrel lands on his head at the bus stop.

I'm looking forward to a bit of mayhem.

Can't wait. I'd say it could be Annette that goes. Can't see her anywhere in the picture in that article.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

JP Liz wrote: »

Which one will he choose. I know which one most fellows would.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Can't wait. I'd say it could be Annette that goes. Can't see her anywhere in the picture in that article.

Bill Please, and that silly accent.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Which one will he choose. I know which one most fellows would.

It's hard to see it as much of a contest, isn't it? I suppose he has a lot of history with Renee, though.

Anyway, what's Bob doing in all this? Please say "Tracey".

Tomorrow's dialogue today:

"Another hundred grand and I'll guarantee that when leave, Annette will still be breathing."

"I'll give you a nundred and twenty if you promise she won't be breathing like you."

• Advertisement

Tomorrow's dialogue today:

"Another hundred grand and I'll guarantee that when leave, Annette will still be breathing."

"I'll give you a nundred and twenty if you promise she won't be breathing like you."

They should put it to Annette, let her choose. This storyline is just going round in circles, could swear that same dialogue was used recently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement