Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions needed?

Options
  • 26-07-2008 8:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Right, going in for my next tattoo on Tuesday evening. Getting this symbol, a lot of people will recognize it, for those who don't, shame on you!!!

iphone-wallpaper-thundercats.jpg

Basically im asking should i change the colour scheme? Im not sure how colour holds up in tattoos as the ones i have are all black. Would i need to get it touched up a lot?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

funny-pictures-thundercats-scream.jpg

I think this one i pretty awesome, keep the colour scheme if you wanna. Most tattoos need a touch up after a while anyway :)

http://www.thundercatsareloose.com/images/thundercats.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Going with the original colour scheme. But ive asked him to draw designs coming off either side of it to make it look better. I think have just the symbol between my shoulder blades would look very bare so im putting it from shoulder to shoulder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

So it's gonna be a big mo fo?
    Can't wait to see some pics of this

Will wrote: »
    So it's gonna be a big mo fo?
    Can't wait to see some pics of this

The symbol itself will be in the centre, big enough. I will have the designs(probably tribal) going from the circle to the end of both shoulders. I'm getting it done at about half 6 this evening. It has to be after hours because the guy doing it is still only practising but he is very very good. And im getting it for free too which is a plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That's a big plus!!!

Make sure that you like the tribal designs that he has coming off the Thundercats logo, and that you're not going to regret them or that they don't detract from the logo either.

Can't wait to see this either! :D
    <3 Thundercats

• Advertisement

Well i started it tonight. Couldn't take the pain after 3 1/2 hours so i'll have to get the red done in 2-3 weeks.

394617891a8480548757l.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

haha ledg of a tattoo. why did i spend my monies on drink and other substances. might be a idea to get the red blended in with the tribalness like all smokey

Not quite sure how to finish off the red to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Wasn't sure about the idea, but I'm really loving this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i think the red should be single colour, solid lines. like the picture, really.

• Advertisement

That looks freakin awesome, your friend is talented and has a good future ahead of him by the looks of this!

For the red I'd honestly go with just the solid red circle, as I think anything else may just end up detracting from it. Possibly a simple black outline around the red to close it up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

That looks great!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

That looks really cool!!:D

On second thoughts.....i think i would leave it the way it is now, i wouldnt colour the rest in red!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

no way! the red will make it!!!

no way! the red will make it!!!

Gotta agree there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Yeah , it will look unfinished if you leave it the way it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

The block of colour looks deadly, think the red as a block would set it off right

Was talking to the guy doing this last night. I was thinking of getting some kind of red smokey effect(best i can describe it) around the black tribal piece on Tuesday evening when i get this finished. I can picture it in my head but not too sure if it will work.

Any opinions?

I'd say it could be good, but I think this would work best if you had the solid red circle around the Thundercats logo, a black outline around it, and then having the red smokey/glow look around the black tribal, and could look fantastic!

Bear in mind that's just my opinion/thoughts :)

• Advertisement

I'd say it could be good, but I think this would work best if you had the solid red circle around the Thundercats logo, a black outline around it, and then having the red smokey/glow look around the black tribal, and could look fantastic!

That sounds like it would look brilliant :)

Well im filling the circle red and will be getting a black outline around it. Thats exactly what i want around the tribal too but i just cant explain in to the tattooist. Can't put it into words or something, and he's an apprentice so he's not sure if he'd be able to. Danny Bullman will be there though so i might ask him to have a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭rstans

Just did a quick doodle with your tat (hope you don't mind) and is this what you had in mind for the tribal part. As I said, it was a quick effort but feathering the red around the tribal part might look cool.

I'll give that a go myself later when I get home too, see if I can get it to look like I was thinking :)

Much appreciated lads

Rough enough attempt...
    attachment.php?attachmentid=62013&stc=1&d=1219698448

Rough enough attempt...

That looks well :)

Rough enough attempt...

Yep, something pretty similar to that is what im looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I literally, gasp-speaked the word epic when i saw what it looks like.

KICK BUM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Yeah, it looks good already but I think the red smokey like effect that DamoElDiablo put together could really make the whole thing.

Advertisement