Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any VW Caravelle owners out there?

Options
  • 26-07-2008 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭

One of the cables on the unlatching mechanism on the rear bench (allowing the bench to slide forwards/backwards) has somehow detached itself and I can't for the life of me figure out where it needs to go.

I was hoping there might be someone that could help me out. This is what it looks like:

DSCF5096.jpg

I also need a few technical tips, as well as a couple of smaller parts (maybe someone knows of a chop shop that is parting out a T5).

Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

What model & year is the Caravelle?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

2004 1.9 tdi

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Right - I'm not 100% sure as there are many variations on the Transporter/Caravelle/Multivan seat configurations. But this may help....

Have a look at the illustration below - it's for a 2004 Transporter (Caravelle is just a variant of the Transporter). I reckon item no. 10 is your cable set up. But it's not clear as to where the cable attaches. I initially thought it connected to item 28, but I'm not convinced.

Hopefully the illustration will help somewhat.

885200nr3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

My setup looks different to the diagram though. See, Item no. 10 has 2 x cables attached to it (no. 13) and the whole assembly sits in the middle of the bar. Mine only has the one cable and with the assembly more to the right (looking from the rear). Additionally, my setup seems otherwise to be much more complicated than that depicted in the diagram - I bet with the Transporter you can only move the bench from the back?

Thanks anyways.

Advertisement