Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCI Express sound card

Options
  • 26-07-2008 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭

I have a problem with capturing video on my PC. I bought one of those Dazzle capture cards and I am unable to capture sound with it as it's got an output on it that is supposed to got to a sound card.
    I don't have a free PCI slot so I can't install a PCI sound card but I do have a free PCI Express slot (two actually;a PCI Express x 4 and PCI Express x 1).
    I was thinking of buying a sound card for one of these slots but I have to be sure I can connect it to the capture card. It's a bit hard to tell from pictures of the cards on the internet and I can't buy them in any shops.
    Can someone tell me has anyone bought one and where could I get one?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

lukin wrote: »
    I have a problem with capturing video on my PC. I bought one of those Dazzle capture cards and I am unable to capture sound with it as it's got an output on it that is supposed to got to a sound card.
    I don't have a free PCI slot so I can't install a PCI sound card but I do have a free PCI Express slot (two actually;a PCI Express x 4 and PCI Express x 1).
    I was thinking of buying a sound card for one of these slots but I have to be sure I can connect it to the capture card. It's a bit hard to tell from pictures of the cards on the internet and I can't buy them in any shops.
    Can someone tell me has anyone bought one and where could I get one?
    Thanks.

Examples:
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=343991

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SC-002-AS (cheaper version of the above card)

Surely you have onboard sound?

You 100% the dazzle cannot be connected to the onboard sound card?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

uberpixie wrote: »
    Examples:
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=343991

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SC-002-AS (cheaper version of the above card)

Surely you have onboard sound?

You 100% the dazzle cannot be connected to the onboard sound card?

No, I can't connect it. I can connect it to the m'board of an old PC I have but this one is a newish one without that same connection on the m'board.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I Have one of the Asus cards.(cheaper one)
    What exactly do you need to know about it?

game4it70 wrote: »
    I Have one of the Asus cards.(cheaper one)
    What exactly do you need to know about it?

Just that it's got an output on the top like this:

image002675.jpg.xs.jpg

I have the cable, I just need to connect the capture card to the sound card.

It has indeed.Also has a front panel header.
    It needs power via a floppy drive 4pin connecter.

• Advertisement

game4it70 wrote: »
    It has indeed.Also has a front panel header.
    It needs power via a floppy drive 4pin connecter.

Pardon my ignorance but what's a "front panel header"? I have a floppy drive power connector. If you could take a photo of it and pm it to me I'd be grateful.

lukin wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance but what's a "front panel header"? I have a floppy drive power connector. If you could take a photo of it and pm it to me I'd be grateful.
    My daughter is away with the camera at the mo but its where you connect your cases front audio jacks to sound card.

Advertisement