Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC webspace

Options
  • 26-07-2008 9:18pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask in...

I recently got the UPC 10m cable - all fine and dandy so far except for the crappy 5m wireless router they supplied - con artists FTW.

Anyway, my question is where do I start looking for the 300MB webspace that is supposed to be part of the package?

Nothing was said when they installed the broadband (not that I asked) and got no instructions or info on their site.

Has anyone here used it or knows what to do to access it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I have been trying to get this info for quite some time now, and at one stage I was told it would soon be available through myUPC, but it would appear not to have happened yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I registered on myUPC in the hope it might reveal something - pfft.

I sent them a polite email about it as well - I'll report back if they respond.
    The next one won't be so polite and will include quotes from the 'Sale of goods and supply of services act' for S&G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭daramullally

Have a look at http://www.ntlworld.ie/Services/ for webspace settings etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

your webspace is at:
    http://members.upc.ie/username

my username and password were the same as my ntl ones.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Thanks but still no joy.

Getting the username / password is the problem, I keep hounding them..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭cL0h

Has anyone got this to work?

http://members.upc.ie just seems to auto forward to the old ntlworld.ie.

Then the "Open the account management interface in a new window." link is dead.

???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sayiajin

Hey sorry for NEcro posting but appears this was never solved or if it was no one posted a solution

Ok the servers FTP is:

[url]FTP://members.upc.ie[/url]

Your user name is:

firstname.lastname

Password:

well the default they gave me was password1

However if you use their mail service already the password be tha same as the one for it.

to acces and change the server content you will need to get some FTP client

Google it plenty free ones on the web

Advertisement