Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Nepotia wi-fi as acces point

Options
  • 26-07-2008 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

hi all i live in an old house with a huge fireplace one of the bedroom can't pick up any wifi signal.Allready upgraded the ariel but no luck.My question is if i buy a used eircom modem off adverts and run a lan cable from my dlink router(main router) to the eircim one will there be like an iternet in coneection other than asdl one

Thanks all

Also any other ideas to improve coverage of orignal router would be helpfull

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

That should work fine, have you tried moving the wifi router you have to see if this is so?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Other option is a powerline adaptor, sends ethernet signal thru the power lines in your house, need two adaptors to make it work, kits can be got for about €100 for an 85Mbs version.

Just another option

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Another option is to use a AP device which picks up the original signal and re-sends it on the same channel. Basicly just a wireless extender. I get mine from abroad. €47 + vat and carriage .

Advertisement