Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ford main dealers not takeing ford tradeins

Options
  • 26-07-2008 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

in the past 2 weeks i have tried to trade in my 05 focus in against a new ford focus in 5 main main dealers they have all told me they cant take me car as they too many secondhand cars in stock has this happend you or do they just not like the look of me ?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

So many dealers have this problem. Second hand car sales have plummeted so the forecourts are chocker block with used units.

The ultimate result is reduced resale values.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

have heard similar stories, doesn't matter whether you are trading a ford against a ford or not. You might be able to trade against an 07 second hand one?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,362 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

copacetic wrote: »
    have heard similar stories, doesn't matter whether you are trading a ford against a ford or not. You might be able to trade against an 07 second hand one?

Yes there are generally taking trade ins on second hand stuff already on the forecourt. At least that way they are getting rid of a stock car whereas if they sell a new one, they are taking an additional secondhand car into stock which they dont want.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

mickdw wrote: »
    Yes there are generally taking trade ins on second hand stuff already on the forecourt. At least that way they are getting rid of a stock car whereas if they sell a new one, they are taking an additional secondhand car into stock which they dont want.

yep, of course they will try to roger you on the value of yours saying the arse has fallen out of market! (while not pricing their one the same way)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Wow, is that going so badly? What about opel? they scream about theyr trade in atleast 3k eu. it means they even take rusty buckets...

So is that only ford, or any dealer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

My old car is now for on a forecourt at a cost which is significantly lower than what I got for it, given the value of the deal. There's too many second hand cars to shift and too many people with unrealistic trade-in figures in their heads for the current market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Bee

P Davis wrote: »
    in the past 2 weeks i have tried to trade in my 05 focus in against a new ford focus in 5 main main dealers they have all told me they cant take me car as they too many secondhand cars in stock has this happend you or do they just not like the look of me ?:confused:

I have heard the same about VW Passat's a friend has a high spec diesel 2007 and was refused a trade in, she is looking for a Golf GTI:rolleyes:

BTW Orwell Motors on the the Ballymount Rd in Walkinstown is ceasing trading, speakks for itself I suppose.

Johhny Gormless as many others have pointed out is responsible due to the cack handed way he implemented the VRT rip-off changes for most of the problems including reducing the price of trade ins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 P Davis

23_33_7.gif
    copacetic wrote: »

yes you are right that i can trade against a 07 but i was hopeing to buy a diesel model how with the reduced vrt and low tax band a new one is much cheper to tax plus it for "her in doors " and only new will do her if you know what i mean

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZNxpt306YYGB

Advertisement