Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FFVII-The Worst Bits

Options
  • 26-07-2008 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭

Most people who like Final Fantasy and RPG's like this game. But what are the bits you really dread doing if you are replaying the game?

My Top 2 are the train graveyard and when you're climbing the pillar having to jump on and catch that pendulum thing.

What are yere's?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Those 2 bits and having to see Aerith die again. No matter how many times I play it I never like that bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

That bit never really bothered me.....It was fairly obvious that she was going to die IMO. Another bit I really hate is finding the key to the ancient city using the submarine. I usually end up bumping into the emerald weapon at least once when doing that bit.

Another bit was under Cosmo Canyon when you have to get through the tunnels. I hated those spiders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

The 30+ minute flashback in Kalm. Brilliant the first time but a bit tiresome when you go to do it again. The fact that the game designers let you save in the middle is them acknowledging that it's too long :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

When I first played, I hated the Temple of the Ancients. Demon's Gate seemed so difficult, I was stuck there for ages. Of course, every time I've done it since, I've had no trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,418 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The Golden Saucers music, absolutely head wrecking.

Catching, racing and breeding chocobos was an absolute pain in the swiss.

Some of the sub games didn't work so well like the CPR one followed by the dolphin jumping one.

Watching Square rape and piss all over the game with dreadful and ill advised sequels and prequels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

the thing that really makes is laugh is why didn't they bring her back with a phoenix down??? it works every other time!!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Watching Square rape and piss all over the game with dreadful and ill advised sequels and prequels.

Just curious as to what you think of last order?

I saw it two or three nights ago and thought it was pretty good and I preferred that animation style to advent children. I didn't think it was bad the only part I thought was a bit weird was
    Sephiroth was looking in coluds eyes just before he jumped off into Mt Nibel? And who is the turk in charge ? is it Tseng or Vincent?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I remember hating that prison in the Golden Saucer desert, and the puzzles in the Temple of Ancients.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Mr. K wrote: »
    When I first played, I hated the Temple of the Ancients. Demon's Gate seemed so difficult, I was stuck there for ages. Of course, every time I've done it since, I've had no trouble.

There was another really long cutscene type thing after you beat one of the weapons when cloud is in the wheelchair,and they didn't even let you save :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭alansweeney100

Stop givin out! Twas the greatest game ever made!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Stop givin out! Twas the greatest game ever made!!! :)

I agree. I just didn't enjoy being stuck! It was more a result of my lack of any grinding and running away from a few too many battles. I've learnt since!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 mark3105

that stupid part in the shinra bulding when you have to sneak past the guards and when you fail you have to start again grrrr :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

mark3105 wrote: »
    that stupid part in the shinra bulding when you have to sneak past the guards and when you fail you have to start again grrrr :mad:

I actually like that bit!

I hate the **** with Cloud in the wheelchair alright tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Red's home town for the first time, didn't like that cause I got stuck in the cave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

Finding that damn alexander materia and fighting the Ruby and Emerald weapons with Knights of the Round which took forever to aquire.

I never did find alexander :( where is it?

What about breeding the gold chocobo? That took far too much time. I doubt I could actually play through this game again in full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

The first time i played through FF7 i had a crappy tv and when i got to the train graveyard i couldnts see that u could walk under one of the bars. it was a year before i tried again and accidently walked under it finally allowin me to continue the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

ec18 wrote: »
    I never did find alexander :( where is it?

In the great glacier. You have to put hot water on your hands in the spring and then touch the ice queen thing and a fight will ensue. Beat her and you get Alexander.

Took me AAAAGES to find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

when i get FF7 all those moons ago when i was a mere sprog i had no idea how to work the materia system and the fight in the elevator as Cloud is fighting Rufus used to actually be heart breaking for me. i bought 40 grenades for the fight so i could do SOMETHING to attack him.

Felt like a right eejit when i discovered how to use materia :o

kawaii wrote: »
    In the great glacier. You have to put hot water on your hands in the spring and then touch the ice queen thing and a fight will ensue. Beat her and you get Alexander.

Took me AAAAGES to find it.

where abouts in the great glacier is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

ec18 wrote: »
    where abouts in the great glacier is it?

When you come across a field with a little bridge going over some steaming water, just go down to the water and touch the Hot Springs. After that, you only need to reach the Snowfield in order to access that cave where an old lady is staying. To reach it from the Hot Springs, just use the north-west exit right after you touched the Springs, and follow the path to reach the Snowfield. If you pass out, just get out of Holzoff’s cabin by the south to reach the snowfield. When you’re on the Snowfield, head east, and don’t forget to use the markers to keep your course: after three snowy passage, you will end up in a screen with a cave. Enter it and speak to the old lady in there: she will scream that you touched the Hot Springs, and attack you (she’s a regular Snow Witch, so no worries). When she’s defeated, you can pick up the Alexander materia and resume your exploration of the labyrinth.

blatantly robbed from the internetz :)

RedXIV wrote: »
    When you come across a field with a little bridge going over some steaming water, just go down to the water and touch the Hot Springs. After that, you only need to reach the Snowfield in order to access that cave where an old lady is staying. To reach it from the Hot Springs, just use the north-west exit right after you touched the Springs, and follow the path to reach the Snowfield. If you pass out, just get out of Holzoff’s cabin by the south to reach the snowfield. When you’re on the Snowfield, head east, and don’t forget to use the markers to keep your course: after three snowy passage, you will end up in a screen with a cave. Enter it and speak to the old lady in there: she will scream that you touched the Hot Springs, and attack you (she’s a regular Snow Witch, so no worries). When she’s defeated, you can pick up the Alexander materia and resume your exploration of the labyrinth.

blatantly robbed from the internetz :)

cool thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

RedXIV wrote: »
    when i get FF7 all those moons ago when i was a mere sprog i had no idea how to work the materia system and the fight in the elevator as Cloud is fighting Rufus used to actually be heart breaking for me. i bought 40 grenades for the fight so i could do SOMETHING to attack him.

Felt like a right eejit when i discovered how to use materia :o

I did that as well actually - I had some excuse though, my first run through of the game was in French, hadn't a clue what was going on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭RedXIII

The first time I got stuck for friggin ages. Chasing Yuffie around Wutai and took me a few weeks to find her in the 3rd "pot" 10hours + with no materia searching the entire village and being unable to leave the continent sucked!

Few mentioned already Train Grave Yard / Ancients / Finding Alexander were quite tedious.

Getting Pwned by the snake in the water only to realise a chocobo is needed.

Spending hours trying to get into that beehive club, only to end up passing out in a bathtub full of dudes as far as I can recall.

Trying to figure out who the hell Red could have children...

Time for sleep, I'm sure there are a few more.

*Remember the strategy game at the tower. Anyone else get addicted to that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I don't think i could bother with levelling up the KOTR materia in order to beat the 2 weapons. Took forever. :(

I enjoyed creating Gold Chocobo though :)

Used to love the Arena,

Hated dressing up as the girl near the start, and also fighting Hojo near the end.

Been so long since ive played though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Shinji Ikari

I really can't think of anything bad about this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 davisi

To be honest, there's nothing I really dread on replaying the game, but I've played through all the Midgar sections at the start so much that it's a bit of a slog getting to Kalm for me now! But after that it's all good! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

RedXIII wrote: »

*Remember the strategy game at the tower. Anyone else get addicted to that :P

I found an easy way to win those strategy battles.

all you have to do is order your troops to the very bottom of the map. if you do this, then as soon as all the enemies on screen are defeated the battle is won, this method means you can win the battle by killing only 5 or 6 enemies.

Advertisement