Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FFVII-The Worst Bits

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Shinji Ikari

I found an easy way to win those strategy battles.

all you have to do is order your troops to the very bottom of the map. if you do this, then as soon as all the enemies on screen are defeated the battle is won, this method means you can win the battle by killing only 5 or 6 enemies.

I actually forgot about the strategy battles until you mentioned them! Gameplay wise I think maybe that was the one part I did'nt enjoy that much...compared to the games in the golden saucer anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I actually forgot about the strategy battles until you mentioned them! Gameplay wise I think maybe that was the one part I did'nt enjoy that much...compared to the games in the golden saucer anyway.

I actually liked that part.

That's the great thing about FF7, so much diversity of gameplay imo...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

I really can't think of anything bad about this game.

You enjoy endless random battles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Shinji Ikari

FruitLover wrote: »

Yes. They do end eventually....well when you complete the game.

FruitLover wrote: »

You don't!?

Try a different series of games imo...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

keane2097 wrote: »
    You don't!?

Try a different series of games imo...

I hate the loading times for the random battles.
    Like the battles but hate having to wait 30 seconds each time to get to start, especially when you are trying to get somewhere fast

I hate the loading times for the random battles.
    Like the battles but hate having to wait 30 seconds each time to get to start, especially when you are trying to get somewhere fast

Yeah the loading times suck alright I guess...

Love the tactical ATB style battles though...

Yeah the loading times suck alright I guess...

Love the tactical ATB style battles though...

Playing through FF9 again at the moment. Still hate the loading times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Only thing I didn't like in the entire game was the "toy soldier 6 of 12 etc" & "masamune" (i think that was the name of it) replica sword of sephiroths - didn't seem to do anything.. I read in the japanese version you had to make a clone of sephiroth for some reason, so we didn't get everything they got - other than that, best game ever made :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

Chocobos in general....and the first time I hit the temple of the ancients.

God I hated that demon guy at the gate!

• Advertisement

Chocobos in general....and the first time I hit the temple of the ancients.

God I hated that demon guy at the gate!

I thought breeding chocobos was one of the funnest parts of the game tbh...

I thought breeding chocobos was one of the funnest parts of the game tbh...

I loved the breeding bit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I seem to remember not liking parts like the bits with the guards in the Shinra building or the Golden Shiny Wire of Hope, but I'm good at them now and never get stuck anywhere. The parts I really don't like these days are the monotonus bits...I hate putting the model of Midgar together. I also hate when Cloud finds himself, it's really boring after 40 odd times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 maidenireland

Is there an easier way to get knights of the round?????? Tried chocobo breeding and it's just a pain in the hole trying to get the gold one, having to race them time after time after time.
    Jumped into the cave at the end just for the crack and this yoke just looked at us and we were fu**ed, so knights of the round is the man I believe - maybe i've just no patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Is there an easier way to get knights of the round?????? Tried chocobo breeding and it's just a pain in the hole trying to get the gold one, having to race them time after time after time.
    Jumped into the cave at the end just for the crack and this yoke just looked at us and we were fu**ed, so knights of the round is the man I believe - maybe i've just no patience.

Your other option is to beat Ruby weapon IIRC. You then get the desert rose take this to a guy in Clam/Calam/Kalm (cant remember the exact name, its been a while) and he'll trade you a gold chocobo for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,418 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

you are much better off breeding chocobos. The amount of hours and time wasring leveling up you have to do to beat ruby weapon is ridiculous. If you know how to breed chocobos it shouldn't take too long just get each chocobos rank up as high as possible before you breed them and have the right nut and you will be gauranteed almost 100% to get the required chocobo. If not rest and just do it again until it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

I absolutly hated the caves under Cosmo canyon and the the demon wall boss in the temple of the ancients,On my first play through I used to run away from most random battles and so was grossly under leveled when it came to certain boss's and would continuly die and stop playing the game for several months.

Also when I first played ff7 I had no memory card and died several times while learning the ropes of the games only to make it to the world map and get killed my midgar zolum and have to start from scratch.

To this day it amaze's me that I actully finished ff7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    you are much better off breeding chocobos. The amount of hours and time wasring leveling up you have to do to beat ruby weapon is ridiculous. If you know how to breed chocobos it shouldn't take too long just get each chocobos rank up as high as possible before you breed them and have the right nut and you will be gauranteed almost 100% to get the required chocobo. If not rest and just do it again until it works.
    all you needed was wsummon,2 mime's, kotr and the guy that looked like death with the big cooking pot??? he had the ability to freeze ruby and you could kotr him, while the other too mimed

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

But you still need kotr?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,418 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The rewards for the Weapons were pretty terrible considering if you wanted to beat them you would need all the stuff they gave you anyway. I'm sure the reward was in actually beating them though.

To get all those items and get them and yourself to a decent level would take far more time than chocobo breeding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Was it possible win without Kotr? I remember the first time I played I didn't read any strategy guides and didn't bother breeding chocobos so never got KOTR. I fought Sephiroth at the end a million times but couldn't win. Possibly though, my levels were not high enough.

The second time I bread the golden chocobo after reading about it in a strategy guide, got KOTR and kicked his ass!

I found him much easier with kotr on my first go, couldn't beat him at all without kotr. However might have had something to do with the extra few levels I gained while breeding chocobos.

Second time through I used kotr but it was an absolute breeze could have taken him wihtout it. I thinkthe secret was using dispel on him to get rid of his barrier. It really helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

This went a bit off topic eh? You've all bloody missed this one!
    The Massive staircase at the Shinra building :p I remember there was a bit as well around section 9 I think where you had to go across a load of junk and had to go under a digger or something, I couldn't see where to go and was stuck for ages!
    Since we're on about weapons, is it true that there's "Underwater" materia for fighting Emerald, because I nenver knew about it when I was over leveling like a whore!

Yep there is underwater materia. Never got it myself but gamefaqs will tell you where it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

noodler wrote: »
    But you still need kotr?
    nope, any summon would do, kotr was just the most damaging.

Yep there is underwater materia. Never got it myself but gamefaqs will tell you where it is.
    Good stuff!
    Maybe the worst bit of VII was the "W-Item" glitch which allowed you to multiply your battle items, was awful tempting and caused an argument with me mate who reckoned "exposing a glitch isn't cheating".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

You need to go to the underwater reactor and fight the ghost ship there. You need to morph it and it'll turn into a travel guide. then bring it to the guy in Kalm and he'll give you underwater materia. done!

RedXIV wrote: »
    You need to go to the underwater reactor and fight the ghost ship there. You need to morph it and it'll turn into a travel guide. then bring it to the guy in Kalm and he'll give you underwater materia. done!
    Nice one, cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

Thomas-G wrote: »
    This went a bit off topic eh? You've all bloody missed this one!
    The Massive staircase at the Shinra building :pI remember there was a bit as well around section 9 I think where you had to go across a load of junk and had to go under a digger or something, I couldn't see where to go and was stuck for ages!
    Since we're on about weapons, is it true that there's "Underwater" materia for fighting Emerald, because I nenver knew about it when I was over leveling like a whore!

I'd forgotten about that... I'd been playing for about 10 minutes and I hit this bit.... I was so upset and i thought I'd never get to play the legendary game at the time

• Advertisement

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    I'd forgotten about that... I'd been playing for about 10 minutes and I hit this bit.... I was so upset and i thought I'd never get to play the legendary game at the time
    Nice to know I wasn't the only one, there was a bit near the start of IX that got me for HOURS (Just adter getting the game like)! It was in Evil Forest where you had to go and talk to Steiner but I could not see the door! Bad times, bad times.

Advertisement