Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday spin, 27 July

Options
  • 26-07-2008 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭

A few of us are heading up Sally Gap way tomorrow at a _very_ relaxed pace. Starting 9am at the Church of Ireland church on Sandford Road, Ranelagh (junction with Marlborough Road.) All are welcome and assured it will be gentle! We reckon 77km, heading back the Blessington/N81 direction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

ermmmmmm...... maybe me too.... in dundrum.... in 6 hours or so :(
    pm sent with number for wake up please ! don't be too mad if i don't answer or worse still, answer rudely!

on second thoughts..... out

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Reckon on 9:15-9:30 in Dundrum. 'Tis the best way to clear your head!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Well done ROK_ON, you did very well indeed. Here's an elevation profile (your distance will be a fair bit longer going to Castlenock.) Managed to avoid the N81 entirely by going to Bohernabreena- bit of a hill there but a much nicer cycle all round. Good turnout and RobAMerc caught up with us at Glencree.

Cycling27-07-2008Elevation-Distance.png

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Bravo to ROK_ON. We pushed on when we got to Glencree as we new you two were taking it handy. Made good time going back into town, which is easy when you've two big lads with you to share the pace setting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Thank you to one and all who helped me today. Highest that I have ever been up. Thought I died at least a dozen times, but was always helped on and encouraged.
    If that was the easy way up, I dread to see the tougher routes. Well worth it. Beautiful day and beautiful scenery.

I thought I need a new bike, but in hindsight in need new lungs, a liposuction and maybe a new left knee.

Dist: 96km
    AvS: 21kph. Slow, I realise, but was gives me something to improve on.
    Max: 62.4kph (I think that this is the fastest that i have gone). Not sure where it happened, could have been in several places.

once again thanks guys. Hopefully next time will be easier. Gents one and all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

Well done Rok_On, hopefully Sally hasn't discouraged you from heading out that way again!

El Tonto made sure our pace didn't slip on the way back into town...that descent into the headwind was tougher for me than Sally Gap! As said was - a nice little trio to keep the pace high.

Just been to the beach, managed to slice my foot open badly on a rock while swimming...may need stitches. If this keeps me out of my (much detested) saddle I won't be a happy bunny :mad:

Advertisement