Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help! MKV Golf Central Locking Problem

Options
  • 26-07-2008 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a problem with my VW Golf 2004 1.6 petrol thats only recently started to develop. When I start the ignition sometimes the central locking keeps locking unlocking constantly. When I stop the car and get out and lock it the car just unlocks again and the front two windows roll down. It takes about ten minutes of starting the engine closing windows getting out and locking again before it will actually stay locked perhaps just by chance. :mad:

Anyone ever experience anything similar to this or any suggestion on the problem? Someone suggested that maybe the battery in the keyfob might be on its last legs but I'm not sure if this would be the problem.
    Cheers for any help given.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

It could be a fob coding problem. but a more basic check may be the wiring loom that passes from the body to the drivers door. This gets stressed a lot due to the dor being opened. I would strip off the door card and check this. Peel back the rubber boot the loom passes through and check the cables. Pretty basic but sometimes it is the simple things.

Is the fault more noticable when it is wet is it water ingress ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

I'll have to check that wiring in the morning thanks. Hmmm water ingress is something I never thought of I'll have to keep my eye on that although any time it happens its usually dry out.

Advertisement