Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black sports socks!

Options
  • 26-07-2008 10:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Odd request I know, but I don't have time to search atm. Not the longer "leisure socks" they have in Dunnes and next, but shorter sports socks. Only in black. Does anywhere have them?

Thanks,
    adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Try cummins sports douglas court,I get black wilson socks there all the time.They are not very short though,above the ankle anyway.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I used to get them in Penneys, I'd imagine they still have them.

Edited to add: Damnit, living in the UK is making me forget the proper names of shops and stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Pennys!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

dahamsta wrote: »
    Odd request I know, but I don't have time to search atm. Not the longer "leisure socks" they have in Dunnes and next, but shorter sports socks. Only in black. Does anywhere have them?

Thanks,
    adam

WHAT am I marrying?!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

WHAT am I marrying?!! ;)
    you need to nip the black socks in the bud. It's all downhill from there!

If you absolutely must have black socks, forget the pennys ones, as they might destroy your feet (or at best will wear out within weeks). Try Hilly socks from wiggle.co.uk (free irish delivery now). Most of their models come in black.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

WHAT am I marrying?!! ;)

Hang on a second, you've only thought to ask that question now?! Oh, tomorrow's going to be an interesting day in that case :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

What the hell is wrong with black socks?

Kold wrote: »
    What the hell is wrong with black socks?

I think it's specifically black sports socks, although it may be specifically black sports socks when intended to be worn with a suit. (Must admit, I've often done this because I find proper suit socks horrendously uncomfortable).

Advertisement