Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting baseball tickets, need advice.

• 26-07-2008 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

I'll be in Chicago in mid August and want to get to a game in Wrigley field. Seems like the Cubs and not the White Sox are the ones to see. There's alot of tickets avaiable for the Reds game but there are 3 different days to choose from, which one is best???? Where is a good place to sit and where should I avoid, max I'd pay is $100 a ticket. When I buy the ticket online do I have to print somethin off or do I just get it in the mail, what are the options.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

NFH wrote: »
    I'll be in Chicago in mid August and want to get to a game in Wrigley field. Seems like the Cubs and not the White Sox are the ones to see. There's alot of tickets avaiable for the Reds game but there are 3 different days to choose from, which one is best???? Where is a good place to sit and where should I avoid, max I'd pay is $100 a ticket. When I buy the ticket online do I have to print somethin off or do I just get it in the mail, what are the options.

Not sure what the schedule is like, but I'd go to a night game if I were you. You may find it difficult to find Cubs tickets online through their official website, so you could try stubhub.com. Alternatively, as someone else mentioned, going to Wrigley on the day of the game is a good bet, you'll pay a little more from a scalper (tout), but they'll probably be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Best off getting them outside the ground if you can't find any online. Just show up and there's always tickets going from touts. If you wait until the first inning starts then they drop their prices a fair bit.

Best place to sit is the bleachers on the opposite side to home plate. It's where a lot of the 'hardcore' fans go and there's always a chance of catching a ball from a home run! A Derrick Lee homer landed about 3 feet from last time I was there. Great fun trying to scramble for the ball!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

I've bought tickets for baseball games in the past from this website

http://www.coast2coasttickets.com/MLB.aspx

Maybe a little pricy but unreal seats!! And the website accomadates you if you wish to have them posted or you want to collect them somewhere. Enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

The above replies are all great. In saying that, if the only option is to go and see the White Sox, I would. Was there for 2 games last Sept (Cubs were out of town), this was back when they really sucked. Atmosphere is quite good and they're putting a good run together so far this year so should be even better this year.

Enjoy!

Advertisement