Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Spanish

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Mirror wrote: »
    If you kill all_the_stars you can have the next one for free ;)

thats just unpleasant....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Change thread title to "Someone stole my top last night" and neglect to mention the thief's nationality and you might get more sympathetic reactions...the thief could have been any nationality.

@the jacket going missing in CopperFaceJacks:

So you paid 200euro for a jacket but you were too tight-arsed to pay the extra 2euros to put it in the cloak room.

I'm presuming they have one there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Did he say it cost 200e :confused: - Can't see where.

€2 to hang a jacket is extortion. I never use the cloakroom.

rediguana wrote: »
    Typical Spanish, grabbing everything they can get their grubby, Pata Negresque, Iberian-ass paws on.

I left my beautiful E200 coat at the side of the dance floor in CopperFaceJacks a few weeks ago; I staggered back to where I'd left it when the lights (eventually) blinded me, but it wasn't there anymore.

I've been licking my wounds since, and mulling over how evil the world is.

There should be some facility in clubs where one can leave in clothes or bags, or whatever, maybe pay a small fee, and then get them back at the end of the night.

I was refering to this post, but I guess it could've been in jest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

I don't care who we're talking about as long as I get to have a go at the Greeks - THEY INVENTED GAYNESS!

Very fond of the spanish meself - a great bunch of lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Kiera wrote: »
    Woohoo generalisation FTW!!

Not at all, a German tried to steal my virginity once, of course I had the moral fortitude to strongly lay down my case of saving it for Jesus.
    Just goes to show that all Germans are demented perverts and that I'm looking to shag the son of a carpenter who's been dead for two millennia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

So 'The Barnacle' bottled it and chickened out of a fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Did the silly OP actually check their passports? Its a wild generalisation to say that just because they spoke Spanish that they were from Spain, Its like someone considering you to be english just because you spoke it, these guys might have been Italian Portugeuse or from Latin Americal
    Seriously it borders on racism on here every summer with the comments on Spanish students and I'm sure if the OP had titled the thread "The Blacks" or "The Africans" the thread would have been locked down and removed by now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

kowloon wrote: »
    Not at all, a German tried to steal my virginity once, of course I had the moral fortitude to strongly lay down my case of saving it for Jesus.
    Just goes to show that all Germans are demented perverts and that I'm looking to shag the son of a carpenter who's been dead for two millennia.

Oh dear god. I'm too fragile to reply or even understand this :(

Wooden Germans ftw?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭barnacle

The Barnacles looks are too precious to be wasted over a jacket. Put simply 2 of them, 1 of me. 2 does not equal 1.

If there are posts about Spanish students every summer, doesnt that tell you something?

Was in shoppin center just there, talking to one of my mates who works security, and theyve put on extra men to stop the spanish students from stealing.

barnacle wrote: »
    The Barnacles looks are too precious to be wasted over a jacket. Put simply 2 of them, 1 of me. 2 does not equal 1.

Chic's dig scars, stop being a wuss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

If there are posts about Spanish students every summer, doesnt that tell you something?

Was in shoppin center just there, talking to one of my mates who works security, and theyve put on extra men to stop the spanish students from stealing.

Kick the first one hard in the knee. You are down to one....

You would get done for assault and then we would not have this thread of fail.
    We all win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah that there are a lot of racist people posting in afterhours!

Again a load of sh1te nearly all of the students coming here are from a wealthy background so have a decent amount of spending money no need to rob, your mate would be better off watching the irish scumbags who enter his store!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Anything too stupid to be said is sung. - Voltaire

Excuse me if I don't take the rantings of a deist into account. :-p

• Advertisement

Again a load of sh1te nearly all of the students coming here are from a wealthy background so have a decent amount of spending money no need to rob, your mate would be better off watching the irish scumbags who enter his store!

Actually not just playing devils advocate here, but when I was working security a few years ago that was our experience too, but I'd widen the scope here to include all foreign students, but typically it was Spanish and Italians.

As for your rantings re. racism - that doesn't work anymore because people are sick to death of hearing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It's not whether it's racist or not, it's just the overwhelming stupidity of starting a thread with a post about two thieving Spanish people and then saying "The Spanish - Thieves. Scumbags." I notice that has been edited since.

Imagine the indignation here if someone started a thread on another country's website about an incident involving two thieving, scummy Irish people and thus, based on this incident, the thread starter proceeded to liken all Irish people to those two scumbags - simply because they have nationality in common with them.

News: People can be scumbags, whatever their nationality, colour or creed.

People can also be decent, whatever their nationality, colour or creed.

Any foreign students who thieve do so because they're assholes, not because they're foreign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement