Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Complete Reformat of XP

• 27-07-2008 1:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. I haven't used XP or Windows for a couple of years so I am a bit rusty on my MS related techy stuff...

I have a PC which I need to format, I want to wipe everything from it. There is a single 80GB HD in the PC and it is partitioned into two drives. There are two installations of XP on the machine. One is on the C: and the other is on F:.The PC automatically boots into the installation on F:.

I have tried various formating options via the administration area within the control panel but each format attempt gives an error of not being able to complete the format. I have ran a fresh installation from the XP CD but each time I do that it just installs a new copy of XP into the F: drive but the C: drive remains intact.

I have gone into the command prompt and ran C: format and F: format but each returns a message about processes and having to unmount the drives. It asks me if I want to do this, I click yes. The drives are unmounted but when I go to format the drives I receive the same error about processes.

I have edited out of the partitions being referenced in the boot.ini file just in case this could have been causing an issue but this doesn't clear the messages about processes when attempting to format via cmd or via the administrative tools.

So, how do I get to a stage where I have a single formated 80GB HD ready for a fresh copy of XP? Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,377 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

when you do an xp install with the windows cd, it will give an option to delete old partitions & create partitions and format the disk etc

FF.gif

Advertisement