Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone/jailbroken problems... please help me!!

• 27-07-2008 2:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I have my wonderful iPhone that I love and it's jailbroken and working fine and I've 100's of apps installed on it that I love and instead of just leaving well enough alone I decide to upgrade the firmware through iTunes. (Even though it says that it'll wipe the phone because it can't do a backup....yes I am that much of a douche!!)
    so I did it and I should point out that I did that because I wanted the apps installer so that I could get all the free apps from iTunes (in a having my cake and eating it too kinda way)
    so now the phone is back to factory settings but has the updated software so i want to jailbreak it again so that I can get all of my cool apps back.... IT WONT WORK! just sits there saying its in recovery mode and all I can do is restore the phone though iTunes... it works but its not jailbroken???
    Is there anything I can do or am I destined to have to... dare I say it... pay for applications?
    please help!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

Ok, so I have my wonderful iPhone that I love and it's jailbroken and working fine and I've 100's of apps installed on it that I love and instead of just leaving well enough alone I decide to upgrade the firmware through iTunes. (Even though it says that it'll wipe the phone because it can't do a backup....yes I am that much of a douche!!)
    so I did it and I should point out that I did that because I wanted the apps installer so that I could get all the free apps from iTunes (in a having my cake and eating it too kinda way)
    so now the phone is back to factory settings but has the updated software so i want to jailbreak it again so that I can get all of my cool apps back.... IT WONT WORK! just sits there saying its in recovery mode and all I can do is restore the phone though iTunes... it works but its not jailbroken???
    Is there anything I can do or am I destined to have to... dare I say it... pay for applications?
    please help!!

Is it an official O2 iphone

what method did you use to attempt to jailbreak it after you upgraded to 2.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

yes it is an 02 phone and I used ziphone jailbreak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

er.. is there even a 2.0 jailbreak out yet?

is there any other software that will do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

• Advertisement

thanks for that. I'm too tired now and my eyes are stinging from looking at the screen for too long but I'll give it a go tomorrow.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

er.. is there even a 2.0 jailbreak out yet?
    Go here.

Advertisement