Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could this work?

Options
  • 27-07-2008 3:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

Alright lads,

Ok I just got FETAC results back yesterday and I did fairly ****....4 distinctions and 2 merits.

I had hopes of going to UCD(Arts, second time fail by the way counting LC last year:D) however the minimum requirement was 5 distinctions with Archaelogy needed to be one of those distinctions. I got a merit.

Anyway in my boredom, I just decided to send a letter(e-mail) to the humanities department with a ****ing epic tale of a young man whose one ambition in life was to attend UCD.

I outlined my love for History, and how no other course in Ireland offered the wide ranging history matter which Arts can offer.

I explained that I got an A in the Leaving Cert in History.

I said I understood that even with 5 distinctions the prospects of entering were slim(25 places) but if not all places were taken up could I at least have the chance of attending Uto the C to the D.

So yeah what hope have I got? If this was in the movie.....the whole of UCD was stand up and applaud slowly once my e-mail was read.....a letter would arrive at my door indicating that 'we're delighted to welcome you to UCD'', but knowing Ireland they will be like robots....'no sorry, we have no emotion...we are not real people, we judge by numbers''.:rolleyes:

If I got in, it would be the ultimate coming of age moment....I would get a film crew as I hop off the bus on the 8th of September, and take a shot of me as I walk through the campus with the camera going further and further away before I look back for a split second and walk off into the sunset.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

If we lived in America and you were a Hollywood actor playing an ambitious character from a difficult background, this would work perfectly. :pac:

However, this is Ireland. I am 99.99% sure this will not work. Fair play to you for trying, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Desperate times yada yada yada.....

LOL yeah your right....possibly a Hispanic young male.

I'm clutching at straws but its worth a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Won't work unfortunately. There are systems in place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Try blowing Hugh Brady.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

There's a chance it might work if it comes down to two people who didn't get the full requirements. Anyway, good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

The CAO is unfair so this probally won't work, good luck though!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

hahah that gave me a good laugh. Fair play. If I was incharge of handing out the places I'd give you a place (provided it wasn't taken from someone who did achieve the grades). I don't think it'll work, but good luck and I hope it does.

Advertisement