Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corkphobia.....WHY?

Options
  • 27-07-2008 3:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

Ok people I need to head down to Cork to purchase the away Cork City jersey....the problem? Well my general disdain and hatred for all things Cork.

The last and only time I was in Cork was in a nice safe warm car, where I had the chance to point and laugh at Corkonians from the comfort of my own car.

The problem this time is I have to take the train. In an ideal world my parents would drop me right outside the club shop and I would be in and out within 30 seconds but this won't happen...sadly.

So I need advice, how can one cope for a couple of hours in Caaaark?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I don't know, but I hope the natives don't do anything with the troll apart from taking its money....

(If you really want some sort of pathetic slagging match, try posting on PROC. Not only are they dumb enough to respond to the juvenile dreck posted above, it might distract them from constantly telling the rest of us that we're rattled...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

What? I really am scared of Cork and its citizens when they are in their own house. Its like a lion, in the zoo you PWN that Lion but in the wild your that lions bitch.

I need advice....on how to overcome this nonsense phobia of mine. Ever since I was born I disliked Cork...its inate in me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

You are, as has been proven by experience, an unadulterated and ultimately naive idiot.

Take *that* to Feedback, 'cos you're not coming back here upsetting the regulars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Ok people I need to head down to Cork to purchase the away Cork City jersey....the problem? Well my general disdain and hatred for all things Cork.

Then why buy a Cork City jersey if you dislike all things Cork?? :confused:

First of all you should probably ring the city shop first before travelling down because they have been out of jersey sizes (or jersies apparently). One of the sports shops in the city do sell the jersey but your better off getting it in the official shop.

The other part of your post....I don't know where to start. Only thing is if you dislike the place so much, try the online shop (if it's in stock), problem solved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

You are, as has been proven by experience, an unadulterated and ultimately naive idiot.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

First of all you should probably ring the city shop first before travelling down because they have been out of jersey sizes (or jersies apparently).

Please don't feed the troll......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Man your dumb

What? I really am scared of Cork and its citizens when they are in their own house. Its like a lion, in the zoo you PWN that Lion but in the wild your that lions bitch.

I need advice....on how to overcome this nonsense phobia of mine. Ever since I was born I disliked Cork...its inate in me.

In real life do you act the way that you post on boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Nukem wrote: »
    Man your dumb

Man your gun, shirley?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Great thread. Wait, no, this is retarded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Monkey !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

ah lads.. don't hold it against the poor lad... just because he can't appreciate the glory of all things Cork, apart from its fabulous football club. i do believe its a genuine plea for someone to give him a reason to turn his fear into said appreciation.
    to the thread starter i say your fear is unfounded and the best way to get rid of it is to confront it head on.. come to cork, spend a few hours in our glorious city... go into a pub on yer own and start a conversation with one of the regulars, and then you'll see that you have no reason to be afraid but every reason to be in awe...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Cork City are popular abroad apparently, was in Subside Sports in Berlin a few weeks ago and found the home jersey. Thought I was seeing things when I saw "Red Fm" and "Evening Echo" written on a jersey, looked and it was there. Class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Fysh wrote: »
    I don't know, but I hope the natives don't do anything with the troll apart from taking its money....

(If you really want some sort of pathetic slagging match, try posting on PROC. Not only are they dumb enough to respond to the juvenile dreck posted above, it might distract them from constantly telling the rest of us that we're rattled...)

Rattled to within an inch of his life.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Rattled to within an inch of his life.

I wont personally abuse people on this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Fysh wrote: »
    Are you working towards some sort of PROC merit badge? Do they give you a medal and pat you on the arse after your 100th post using the word "rattled"? Maybe you're speaking a variation of Marklar where you substitute the word "rattled" for a variety of verbs, nouns and adjectives? Or, closer to the money, perhaps you suffer from a variation of Timmy! Syndrome and are unable to use many words other than "rattled" due to some sort of medical condition?

I mean, it could be that your sense of humour requires so little in the way of stimulation that the relevant brainwave activity is only barely above the limit at which organ harvesting becomes legal, but I'm kind of hoping at this stage that there's at least an entertaining explanation for your monomaniacal fascination with describing everyone and everything as being subject to a particular state of vibration...

Its funny how just one little word can illicit such a response from you, isn't it?

:D

Its funny how just one little word can illicit such a response from you, isn't it?

:D

Well, if that's what you call funny...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

In fairness Cork and alot of our people suck ass!!! I know I have lived here my whole life!!! Most people are very......fakish!!!!

OP, Why not go to a City match and buy it there!!! They (almost) Always have them there at home match's!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Chuck Norri

Corkphobia?

City Away jersey?

estebancambias?

unexplainable.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

You found a City jersey in a Berlin sportshop? Cool...they are a lovely design though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Fabio wrote: »
    You found a City jersey in a Berlin sportshop? Cool...they are a lovely design though!
    Yup, it didn't really warrant its own thread so I threw it in here, had to tell somebody!

Advertisement