Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noisy neighbour's exotic birds!

• 27-07-2008 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hello,
    I have recently purchased a house in a quiet cul de sac. Unfortunately my next door neighbour keeps exotic birds in his house. Don't know what type as I've only met them a few times and haven't discussed the matter.
    He has had them a long time as far as I know, as the past owner told me. I was wondering are there any environmental agencies or legal proceeedings to have them removed. Similar situation to a noisy dog barking I suppose. This isn't "tweet tweet" its like a banshee whail/scream!:eek:
    Any help much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Before you consider legal action would you not go talk to your neighbour and try work it out between yourselfs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

i'd say this is going to be blocked! they mods will consider it a request for legal advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 smyth1979

O Sorry,
    Its not really for legal advise, just wondering what I should do. Or if anyone had been in a similar situation. I will have to talk to the neighbour I know, as I've just been outside and he seems to have put them in his bathroom and the window is wide open, hence why I wanted to get advise as they woke me this morning, Sunday 7.30! Is their a different forum that I should post in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Spike440

There is a tort called nuisance which can be used to prevent a neighbour using their land in such a way that causes harm to one's land or interrupts one's reasonable enjoyment and use of land.

However, a claim can run into difficulty if one comes to the nuisance, especially if there is prior knowledge of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

You'd probably get more relevant advice in the Accommodation and Property forum

Talk to your neighbour first. Legal steps are always last resort. Talking to your neighbour should not be confrontational, if it gets heated just walk away

• Advertisement
Advertisement