Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Arann Using BAE 146's on UK Routes?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

No, these are used on european routes from Galway and Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 benbulbin

They belong to Nex Aviation who operate the routes with Aer Arann branding and booking engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

And il be on one on August 16th, EICM/EIWF/LEMG :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

Steyr wrote: »
    And il be on one on August 16th, EICM/EIWF/LEMG :p

go on, rub it in!:P

Dont worry, il have pics.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Afternoon guys .... Q for you Steyr .. are you a pilot? or do you like to just get around the place on your travels?

GBX wrote: »
    Afternoon guys .... Q for you Steyr .. are you a pilot? or do you like to just get around the place on your travels?

No Sir, not a pilot more of a Spotter but do have friends who bring me for flips in their Aircraft and like to go flying in General, going on said 146's to Spain for a holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

BA used to operate 146's on their Dublin-Gatwick route. Used to love travelling on those planes - prior to that BA used ATR's I think. I think Aer Lingus had a few at one stage? Now it's all boring oul BA 737's to Gatwick.

Yeah i remember those Shamrock 146's, also remember a Virgin 146 come into EICM years ago i think first time it ever happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

No Sir, not a pilot more of a Spotter but do have friends who bring me for flips in their Aircraft and like to go flying in General, going on said 146's to Spain for a holiday.

Never say 'spotter' Steyr. You're an 'aircraft enthusiast':p My 'aircraft enthusiast' friends made me aware of the difference. Pure spotters tend to be anorak wearing social misfits with a fixation on lists and and numbers. :rolleyes:They rarely actually fly in a plane because it has no interest for them. :confused: The aircraft enthusiast on the other hand has a life beyond looking at aircraft and you can have a normal conversation with them about important aspects of life like girls, beer, sport etc.:cool: I'm sure you don't even own an anorak Steyr.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

dogmatix wrote: »
    BA used to operate 146's on their Dublin-Gatwick route. Used to love travelling on those planes - prior to that BA used ATR's I think. I think Aer Lingus had a few at one stage? Now it's all boring oul BA 737's to Gatwick.

Aer Lingus operated BA146s when they flew in and out of London City circa 2000.

Well you won't drop anything much bigger in or out of there now will you.

Never say 'spotter' Steyr. You're an 'aircraft enthusiast':p My 'aircraft enthusiast' friends made me aware of the difference. Pure spotters tend to be anorak wearing social misfits with a fixation on lists and and numbers. :rolleyes:They rarely actually fly in a plane because it has no interest for them. :confused: The aircraft enthusiast on the other hand has a life beyond looking at aircraft and you can have a normal conversation with them about important aspects of life like girls, beer, sport etc.:cool: I'm sure you don't even own an anorak Steyr.:D

I stand corrected and you are right Sir.:)

Advertisement