Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seagull

Options
  • 27-07-2008 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,481 ✭✭✭✭

Are there any animal sanctuaries in North Dublin, Meath or Louth that would take a juvenile herring gull off my hands? Found one on a road this morning, legs are cut but not broken but it's not very active. All my pens are full at the moment due to a recent fox attack so I have nowhere for the gull, it's too big for the cages I use for sick birds and chicks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭Rigsby

My brother is a bird watcher and he says to try the seal sanctuary in Garristown whom he says sometimes takes in gulls. According to him the DSPCA also take them in. I have no contact numbers for these but they should n't be hard to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,481 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Rigsby wrote: »
    My brother is a bird watcher and he says to try the seal sanctuary in Garristown whom he says sometimes takes in gulls. According to him the DSPCA also take them in. I have no contact numbers for these but they should n't be hard to find.

Sea sanctuary took the gull, they'll give it a much better chance than I could.
    Cheers!
    gullraxhx4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

He looks in good nick anyway, eyes are sharp.
    fair play kowloon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,481 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

pvt.joker wrote: »
    He looks in good nick anyway, eyes are sharp.
    fair play kowloon

He perked up after I wiped the dirt off him and gave him a feed and some water. When I found him he was lying on the road in his own droppings with the head drooped.
    The eyelids were moving very slowly and I didn't think he'd make it.
    The fellow from the sanctuary reckoned he either had poisoning or heat exhaustion. I'll check up on him tomorrow maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Fair play to you kowloon for taking the effort to save this bird. Glad this story has a happy ending. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement