Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top 25 Moves (WWE.com)

• 27-07-2008 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭

#25 - RKO
    #24 - Camel Clutch
    #23 - Twist of Fate
    #22 - Crossface Chicken Wing
    #21 - Macho Man Elbow Drop
    #20 - FU
    #19 - Total Elimination
    #18 - Stratusfaction
    #17 - Shooting Star Press
    #16 - Million Dollar Dream
    #15 - Rude Awakening
    #14 - Van Terminator
    #13 - Razor's Edge
    #12 - Frog Splash (they highlight Eddie's)
    #11 - Swanton Bomb
    #10 - Mandible Claw
    #9 - Tazzmission
    #8 - Rock Bottom
    #7 - Sweet Chin Music
    #6 - Perfect Plex
    #5 - Pedigree
    #4 - Figure Four Leglock
    #3 - Sharpshooter
    #2 - Tombstone
    #1 - Stone Cold Stunner

Not bad, especially considering that WWE Magazine did something similar last year and had the FU at No.1! The only problem I have is that the RKO should be higher than 25.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Was "Total Elimination" ever used in WWE? And if so, by whom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Mandible Claw shouldnt be on that list. And where is 619/West Coast Pop??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

No Leg Drop from Hogan or People's Elbow there, thankfully!

I don't think you can beat a good ol' Piledriver. Watching the old matches on Sky you realise how dangerous, but impressive they were. The 'sit-down' version is particularly lethal looking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

callaway92 wrote: »
    And where is 619/West Coast Pop??

Not on the list thankfully. Its a pathetic little move and awfully contrived (as wrestling finsihers go).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

gimmick wrote: »
    Was "Total Elimination" ever used in WWE? And if so, by whom?

Technically, no. On the website they are giving the credit to Saturn and Kronus, The Eliminators, from ECW.

I laughed at what they said about Savage-

"Before the "Macho Madness" and his horrible rap album - yes, we said rap album - Randy Savage delighted crowds as one of WWE's brightest stars of the 80s. His finisher, the Elbow Drop, was poetry in motion from the time he hit the turnbuckle, bringing "Macho Man" two WWE title reigns. Alas, nothing could save Savage from his biggest rival - himself. Dig it?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭brick tamland

I can't believe " The Worm " isn't on this list. top 3 IMO:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Ridiculous, the People's Elbow and the Atomic Leg Drop of Doom should at least be in the list if not in the top three. Can anybody here honestly say that they preffered watching the rock deliver a rock bottom over "The Most Electrifying Move in Sports Entertainment Today".

Goldberg's Jacknife should be there and the elbow drop should be in the top 10

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Lack of Jake Roberts DDT makes this list a FAIL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Ridiculous, the People's Elbow and the Atomic Leg Drop of Doom should at least be in the list if not in the top three. Can anybody here honestly say that they preffered watching the rock deliver a rock bottom over "The Most Electrifying Move in Sports Entertainment Today".

Goldberg's Jacknife should be there and the elbow drop should be in the top 10

Jackhammer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

No Doomsday device (LOD), Demolition Decapitation, Powerbomb or Superplex (revolutionary moves for years) or Angle Slam on the list either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Actually yes, as 1) The Peoples elbow was a joke, 2) it never actually finished a match and 3) it looked f*cking stupid.

I never liked it.
    VR!

Actually yes, as 1) The Peoples elbow was a joke, 2) it never actually finished a match and 3) it looked f*cking stupid.

I

Rovert?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Missing the Goldberg combo, 3D, Angle Slam, F5 and Nash's Jacknife.

*coughs*Crippler Crossface*coughs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

If you use total elimination you can hardly leave out....

VERTEBREAKER

rovert wrote: »
    *coughs*Crippler Crossface*coughs*

I believe Benoit has only been mentioned once on WWE.com since and it was a poll along the lines of the best match in Raw history (I think) and him and Angles cage match was leading that poll until WWE edited the results. And any way if the Angle Lock and Walls of Jericho are left out, I'd say the Crossface wouldn't have been included anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Crossface is a million buys.

(did i use that right rovert?)

And any way if the Angle Lock and Walls of Jericho are left out, I'd say the Crossface wouldn't have been included anyway.

Rubbish the Walls of Jericho is not on the same level as those two. If the corssface wasnt is so great then why have HHH & HBK decided to reclaim it? The move has still value child killing aside.

True and yeah the Walls is just a glorified Boston Crab but the Crossface was never going to be included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    #18 - Stratusfaction

WTF this is one the worst moves

Where is the widow's peak

• Advertisement

True and yeah the Walls is just a glorified Boston Crab but the Crossface was never going to be included.

I never said it would. But if all things being equal it would be.
    JP Liz wrote: »
    WTF this is one the worst moves

Even when it wasnt botched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

JP Liz wrote: »
    Where is the widow's peak

Where is the Banzai Drop?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4-FOZQMnYA&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Can someone tell me why the back cracker is not on the list ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Missing the Goldberg combo, 3D, Angle Slam, F5 and Nash's Jacknife.

All guys who work for TNA or an MMA company :pac: Maybe just a coincidence

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Chokeslam not included either, tis a piss poor list tbh although I dont agree with a lot of the missing moves people have suggested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Can someone tell me why the back cracker is not on the list ? :)
    Thats a top move to be fair. Looks awesome and can be hit out of nearly anywhere :D

They left out the best finisher in the whole history of the company, shattered dreams. No man would get up in 3 seconds from that, not even Warrior

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

The origional wasn't

That would be the Liontamer where he didn't step all the way over and put his knee in their back, normally having them at an angle, sometimes even on the head. They are different moves, the Walls is a Boston Crab.

• Advertisement

Rovert?

No, seriously, It was generally used as a setup for the the Rock Bottom. Peoples elbow was generally always kicked out of... probably because it sucked.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

No, seriously, It was generally used as a setup for the the Rock Bottom.

The Rock winning the WWF title from Triple H at Backlash using the peoples elbow:

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/rock%2Btriple%2Bh%2Bbacklash/video/xmuh3_wwf-triple-h-vs-the-rock-backlash_sport

Generally how I remember it was that as time wore on and as the Rock became more established it became less of a setup for the Rock Bottom and in fact The Rocks spinebuster became a set up for the peoples elbow.

PROOVED!
    It still sucked though. :D

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No DDT or Snukas splash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Oh I lol'd at this, Austin comes in and decks everyone in sight with a chair, oh thats when wrestling was good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

That would be the Liontamer where he didn't step all the way over and put his knee in their back, normally having them at an angle, sometimes even on the head. They are different moves, the Walls is a Boston Crab.

The Walls is executed in an almost standing position and has it's victims legs almost straight and with the feet held higher compared to a Boston Crab; it is almost a move of it's own accord as opposed to an adaption.

• Advertisement

Rovert?

What the ****?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Hamndegger wrote: »
    The Walls is executed in an almost standing position and has it's victims legs almost straight and with the feet held higher compared to a Boston Crab; it is almost a move of it's own accord as opposed to an adaption.

thats the way it used to be.....but since he has come back the walls is just a boston crab! plain as!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The Lion Tamer was the elevated Boston Crab with the knee to the back.

The Walls of Jericho was an elevated Boston Crab and more often than not it wasn't even elevated.

Since his come back, he has started to use the Lion Tamer again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

no ankle lock is what annoys me! never mind that the bias mnay be because kurt is over on tna, i always prefered the ken shamrock one! looked like he put more effort into it!

Accompanying vids in video thread:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Technically, no. On the website they are giving the credit to Saturn and Kronus, The Eliminators, from ECW.

I laughed at what they said about Savage-

"Before the "Macho Madness" and his horrible rap album - yes, we said rap album - Randy Savage delighted crowds as one of WWE's brightest stars of the 80s. His finisher, the Elbow Drop, was poetry in motion from the time he hit the turnbuckle, bringing "Macho Man" two WWE title reigns. Alas, nothing could save Savage from his biggest rival - himself. Dig it?"

I think it was used one night when ECW invaded raw back in about 96 or 97. It's the sweep, spin-kick combo thing right? If so, they did it on raw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

I'd replace the FU with the F-5, man that always looked good.

rizzla wrote: »
    I'd replace the FU with the F-5, man that always looked good.

Unless you were the A-Train haha

Advertisement