Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have I bought ?

Options
  • 27-07-2008 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭

On holiday in Spain, I bought a 'board' that I am not sure how to use. I thought it would be something appropriate for my 8yo son to use. I bought it in a supermarket with no description.

It's dimensions are 80cm long and 40cm at it's widest. It tapers to a rounded point at one end and less pointed/flatter end at the other. The surface with the pattern is slightly concave.

Is this a form of bodyboard, or something to fool around with in shallows ? I associate bodyboard with something longer, wider & foam based. If not a bodyboard, what is it ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Sounds like it could be a skimboard to me. Good fun but hard as hell to get anyway alright at.

Pro's at work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

That's the one
    Thanks for the response
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Children can get good at this very quickly, but beware of injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Those things are lethal.
    I've no problems going out on a heavy or shallow reef in big water, but jesus those skimboards... ;)
    Best advice I can offer is to go out on the receeding tide. The sand will be wetter, and not as harsh. With hard wet sand, with the tide just on the push, toes get snagged between board and the hard bottom, and its sore as hell :)
    Also, falling over constantly in 2 inches of water is no fun.

Can anyone tell that I'm just bitter because I'm useless with the skimboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 sryk

looks good mate

• Advertisement
Advertisement