Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change my Mio 269+ to ??

• 27-07-2008 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

I have a Mio 269+ with Miomap version 3.2 and I love it. I really like the way it works (the interface etc.), and the fact that it uses Teleatlas maps and not Navteq. Only problem is, maps are getting outdated and I doubt I'll be able to find newer than 2007 maps.

If anyone has used Miomap 3.2, and can recommend a new satnav for me, that is very similar to Miomap 3.2, please let me know!

PS, TTS functionality would be very nice! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

I'm thinking iGO 8..?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭thenobody

Keep it and upload iGo8 newest version and 01.2008 maps.
    You'll have to do some searching on how to do this but you will find the information easily.

Or Miomap 2008 which is similar

thenobody wrote: »
    Keep it and upload iGo8 newest version and 01.2008 maps.

Thanks man. I had thought of this, but from what I found on various forums etc, the 269+ cannot run iGo8. Or can it?

Feel free to PM me if needs be. Cheers! :)

Thanks again, thenobody!

I now have iGo 8 running (TTS is working) and it's a massive improvement on Miomap 3.2.

Love it! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭thenobody

Good stuff.

There are some things with the sys.txt file that should be added.

Firstly add the following to get rid of that damn annoying ding noise before each command if you are hearing it.

[sound]
    ding=0

Also, if have a version .4xxx or later may need to this for some maps POIs to work

[poi]
    enable_pois_before_080217=1

• Advertisement
Advertisement