Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody selling a Road bike?

Options
  • 27-07-2008 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I'm a mountainbiker and have never owned a roadbike. I'm currently a bit injured and want to build up my fitness without going mountainbiking for the moment - dislocated shoulder.

Not sure of the sizing either. I'm between 5'10 and 5'11 and usually ride a 17" or 18" mountain bike. would 56cm be ok?

Something cheap would be good :P

Cheers

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

56cm would probably be right but try it out first and see how it feels. I'm 6'0 and ride a 58cm but most sizing guides put me at 57cm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 rigel4

hello,

cheers for the offer, but I've been advised to look for a 10spd, double chainring and a 175mm crank by my friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

rigel4 wrote: »
    hello,

cheers for the offer, but I've been advised to look for a 10spd, double chainring and a 175mm crank by my friend :)
    10spd is not going to gel with your "cheap" requirement- you will need a minimum of a 105 groupset which is well above entry-level.

Nothing wrong with a triple either, you might appreciate it if you are new to road biking and want to go up a few hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Bambaata

i have a 58 on adverts but it might be just slightly too big for you - http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=60208&cat=52

• Advertisement
Advertisement