Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

expiry date of points notification??

Options
  • 27-07-2008 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

hi all,

i was stopped for speeding mid july 2007 when i was in cavan heading back to NI. Im driving a NI car, but didnt change my southern licence as i intend to move back to ROI in a year or two. i admit i was speeding and accepted the fine and points.

I heard nothing from the garda about the points until this week, a year later. my mate was telling me that they have to notify you within 6months otherwise the points are invalid. is this true or was he talkin out his ar$e.

the other thing is the letter states i have to pay the fine within 28days of notification but the letter is date 28th july 2007. WTF??

any info wud be great.

Comments

Advertisement