Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

diesel octavia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yes the old model Octavia is still built and sold brand new along side the current model Octavia. The old model is called the Octavia Tour.

Octavia Tour:
    CB4_1017588_1_227771.jpg

Newer model Octavia:
    0079DEF3-B1D9-D115-CDFB9AB046336C65.jpg

The most noticable differences is the interior, the newer model is more modern on the inside

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

thanks for that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Its also definately worth noting that the new one has much better road manners than the tour model.iTs more dynamic through the bends and has a smoother ride as well.The diesel engine is also slightly different.The new one has a 105bhp 1.9tdi whereas the tour has a 100bhp tdi.

On a whole in general, i would think the extra one would pay for the new model is worth it.However, if your budget cant stretch to a new one, the tour offers very affordable motoring(60mpg approx and 150e road tax) and top build quality for a great price.I would get the combi tour model, though as i suspect the would be more deirable as a used car a few years down the line.

and I take it that the tour does not have a/c

you get what you pay fo I suppose:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

No it doesnt in its standard spec but it can be ordered.It isnt on the new octavia in its most popular "ambiente" spec either, mind.The tour model does have pretty much everything other than ac, though.Alloys, leather streering wheel, gearknob and handbrake are all as standard

• Advertisement

definitely worth shortlisting then so - cheers for help:)

Advertisement