Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Azeroth when your...bored

Options
  • 27-07-2008 2:40pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, in your own opinions, what are the main places to see/things to do/people to kill in Warcraft? Like if you were to tell a friend to do certain things, while levelling or otherwise, what would they be? Mine would be (in no particular order)...and i'll add more as i think of them.

1. Do Uther's quest in WPL. Its a great quest for anyone who loves the lore.
    2. Turn your speakers up when in the throne room in Undercity. You can hear the voices of Arthas, before he killed his father.
    3. The Deadmines. Probably the first big "Woah!" moment in the game. Seeing the pirate ship in the cave was brilliant.
    4. The first time you walk through the Dark Portal.
    5. The epic mount quests (final part anyway) for the Paladin and Warlock. Great quests.
    6. The Lament of the Highborne by Sylvanas in the Undercity.
    7. Kill someone with Mind Control. Always cracks me up.
    8. The stairs in Zul'Farrak.
    9. Freeing Thrall in Old Hillsbrad.
    10. I'm drawing a blank here, so i'll come back later.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Grab a few friends and go on an epic journey around azeroth taking screenshots in every town in the game.

Pay a visit to hyjal jumping in there thru winterspring. then jump off the side of it into felwood

do a bit of roleplaying

charge morgraine in sm cath without pulling the mobs first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Thrall is zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

GANK.

People you're level, higher level and of course people lower level. Go out of your way to gank the first two categories and if you encounter the third category on your travels kill them. Corpse camp everyone you gank if you have some spare time because remember, they would do it to you if they could.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

if your a rogue i always like to go into ironforge and stormwind....just arse around, find lower levels, come out of stealth and dance with them. I did it in ironforge once infront of the bank, died around 10times coz id break stealth and start dancing, after a while they got used to me and started dancing with me. Of course then you had the odd person who would kill me while everyone was dancing but its all fun

the downside of that is you get a hefty repair bill buts its worth it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

tom_ass19 wrote: »

the downside of that is you get a hefty repair bill buts its worth it :D

Get naked before you dance? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Or dont die to guards xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭johnboysligo

Find someone who is begging for gold

Open trade window place all your gold silver and copper in the trade window and now go get yourself a drink or snack
    Then if he/she/it is still there whisper them "im getting a error it says you dont exist it wont let me trade" let them reply and then suggest that he/she/it should log out for a couple seconds and you will try again.
    Wait till their avatar disappears then use your hearthstone and add them to your ignore list.
    Works better with a rouge cause you can hide and watch as they search the city for you ¦P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Find someone who is begging for gold

Open trade window place all your gold silver and copper in the trade window and now go get yourself a drink or snack
    Then if he/she/it is still there whisper them "im getting a error it says you dont exist it wont let me trade" let them reply and then suggest that he/she/it should log out for a couple seconds and you will try again.
    Wait till their avatar disappears then use your hearthstone and add them to your ignore list.
    Works better with a rouge cause you can hide and watch as they search the city for you ¦P

rofl, genious !

I always had fun doing the old world raid instances that i was arsed getting attuned for, ZG, AQ20/40. Didnt bother with Nax as it was announced to be remade for wotlk. Also getting a 4-5 man group and try beat the world dragons, i think we killed 3-4 before we started getting owned plus they give a decent amount of gold so its not a waste of time financially.

I'm really tempted to re-open my wow account >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Kiith wrote: »
    So, in your own opinions, what are the main places to see/things to do/people to kill in Warcraft? Like if you were to tell a friend to do certain things, while levelling or otherwise, what would they be? Mine would be (in no particular order)...and i'll add more as i think of them.

1. Do Uther's quest in WPL. Its a great quest for anyone who loves the lore.
    2. Turn your speakers up when in the throne room in Undercity. You can hear the voices of Arthas, before he killed his father.
    3. The Deadmines. Probably the first big "Woah!" moment in the game. Seeing the pirate ship in the cave was brilliant.
    4. The first time you walk through the Dark Portal.
    5. The epic mount quests (final part anyway) for the Paladin and Warlock. Great quests.
    6. The Lament of the Highborne by Sylvanas in the Undercity.
    7. Kill someone with Mind Control. Always cracks me up.
    8. The stairs in Zul'Farrak.
    9. Freeing Thrall in Old Hillsbrad.
    10. I'm drawing a blank here, so i'll come back later.

I'm 70 & have other high characters, & I've never once done deadmines ..... now I think I want to do it this evening, same with Stockades (athough I roll Horde)

The stairs in ZF, I still do them for a laugh ......

Although, now apparently you can see L70ETC play in the Worlds End Tavern in Shat every week, so now I want to see this!!!!

Griefing RP-ers is always fun, as is those holding their own little events in Gurbashi, where you can jump in & pew pew the **** out of alliance players trying to kill each other, or that one level19 twink trying to raid gurbashi to obtain their trinket.

I've now taken to solo-ing flightmasters in alliance towns for giggles, & trying to see how many in an hour I can off & totally mess up alliance inter-town travel for the non-mounted .......

There is endless hours of fun to be had when bored ......

"You know what RP stands for? It stands for retard player" - Athene, the best paladin in the world.

• Advertisement

LA3G wrote: »
    "You know what RP stands for? It stands for retard player" - Athene, the best paladin in the world.

You do get that World Of Warcraft is an MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) right?

I thought so ........ :D:D:D:D:D

Yus :D Ironymuch?

I think he was specifically talking about RP servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

LA3G wrote: »
    GANK.

People you're level, higher level and of course people lower level. Go out of your way to gank the first two categories and if you encounter the third category on your travels kill them. Corpse camp everyone you gank if you have some spare time because remember, they would do it to you if they could.

Anyone else find this ironic combined with his sig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Visit the areas that nobody else visited, some no longer visitable. The airport on top of Ironforge. The old farm on the cliff that overlooks the wetlands. Old Ironforge (can't get in there anymore). Hyjal. Climb up the cliff that overlooks Booty Bay (great screenshot moment!).

Fear Factor - Azeroth style. See what lowbies will do for gold. Send them to the nearest tavern to fetch you a beer.. Ask them to run the length of STV (at level 10), or sell [Linen Bandage] or [Skinning Knife] in trade.

Lots to do to keep you entertained. No matter how long you've played, chances are - there is always somewhere or some area of a map you haven't checked out. Like, the cliff when you're towards Arathi Highlands (I still haven't thought of visiting that).

dlofnep wrote: »

Fear Factor - Azeroth style. See what lowbies will do for gold. Send them to the nearest tavern to fetch you a beer.. Ask them to run the length of STV (at level 10), or sell [Linen Bandage] or [Skinning Knife] in trade.

This is right up there with the Naked run from a starting village into a village in contested territory LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

ven0m wrote: »
    This is right up there with the Naked run from a starting village into a village in contested territory LOL

Not quite the same, but that reminds me of this vid. Linky

Not quite the same, but that reminds me of this vid. Linky

That's just wrong ..... gnomes are evil evil EVIL little things .....

Gnome Warriors are sooooo funny LOL, especially in S2 ROFL

On the naked run thing ...... I think a naked run from Goldshire up into Burning Steppes would be a laugh LOL

Advertisement