Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Failed Beers. 30th August. Kennedys Bar, Westland Row.

• 27-07-2008 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in an archaeology beers.

Though it doesn't have to be purely for us archaeological inbreds (thanks Nutlog for the phrase). We might let other people join us!!

If you are interested let me know when you're available and we (note I said we not I) can get organising it!

Where shall we drink on the 30th?? 27 votes

Kennedys
    0% 0 votes
    Grave Diggers in Glasnevin
    44% 12 votes
    Original Porter House
    44% 12 votes
    Dorans
    7% 2 votes
    Brazen Head, it's old!!
    0% 0 votes
    Messrs Maguire
    3% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Nutlog!!!

Hey trowelled!

There's been some discussion about a gettogether of forum folk here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055317825, But seems fairly difficult to organise, but a few beers should be an easier task.

Handin in hte thesis on friday, so any day after that would suit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭buffalo

mmm... beer...

I'm handing in my thesis in a little over three weeks, so any day before that, after, or during that will probably be met with a welcome "huzzah!" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

Ah yes beers are always easier to organise!!

Friday eh Nutlog!!

Well there's a Nocturnal beers on 16th August so we can't have it then. If we have it after then that will suit you buffalo, you'll have the auld thesis handed in!!

Right so we need to get more archaeology people on board and once we have a date set I can try persuade people from other forums etc to join in the fun. We can spread the word and the joy of archaeology

Ok I'm thinking of the 30th August. How does that suit?? If mods wanna make this official feel free!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

trowelled wrote: »
    Ok I'm thinking of the 30th August. How does that suit?? If mods wanna make this official feel free!!

I cast my seal of office over this plan. :p

Venue? Can I suggest Kennedys on Westland Row. Its on the fringes of the tourist trap so you dont have to que an hour for a pint

• Advertisement

Grimes wrote: »
    I cast my seal of office over this plan. :p

Venue? Can I suggest Kennedys on Westland Row. Its on the fringes of the tourist trap so you dont have to que an hour for a pint

All suggestions welcome!! I feel I know westland row but can't quite place it right now. Yeah anywhere you don't have to queue is good with me! I have people working for me who are gonna spread the word to non archaeology people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

How about The Gravediggers in Glasnevin :D?

Pretty apt I think....

boneless wrote: »
    How about The Gravediggers in Glasnevin :D?

Pretty apt I think....

That would be very apt. Shame it's not in the city centre though, would have been perfect.

Grimes, would it be possible to get this thread stickied?

10 minutes on a 19 bus... I suppose so. Pity. I used to do the door in Kennedys. Since Fitzsimons took it over it's not the same though, despite the change of the name back to Kennedys.

10 minutes on a 19 bus... I suppose so. Pity. I used to do the door in Kennedys. Since Fitzsimons took it over it's not the same though, despite the change of the name back to Kennedys.

Ten minutes isn't too bad I suppose. It would mean me having to get two buses and I am exceptionally lazy. But we can put the idea out there. We could maybe get a poll going, however you do that!!

• Advertisement

Thanks trowelled for the PM and lighting a fire under my arse about this and keeping it alive. As per your request I have added the details to the titles. I know a couple of us from UCD will be there and Ill try and drag some of the folks I am working with at the moment. Hoping to see as many posters from here as possible. Im sure we will get a few from other forums.

G

Grimes wrote: »
    Thanks trowelled for the PM and lighting a fire under my arse about this and keeping it alive. As per your request I have added the details to the titles. I know a couple of us from UCD will be there and Ill try and drag some of the folks I am working with at the moment. Hoping to see as many posters from here as possible. Im sure we will get a few from other forums.

G

Cheers for that. I'll get working on those non archaeology posters. Should be a decent crowd so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Grave Diggers please!

Grave Diggers please!

Ah Gav ..... too easy for you northsiders, too difficult for us Southies. You know I dont do public transport and either does trowelled!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭buffalo

Awesome, I'll be there. I have an American friend over that night, so I may not stay the whole night, but hopefully I can persuade her to stop by me!

buffalo wrote: »
    Awesome, I'll be there. I have an American friend over that night, so I may not stay the whole night, but hopefully I can persuade her to stop by me!

You gotta get her to stop by you. The party's where the buffalo's at :D

Actually, the original Porterhouse sounds real good to me but as it's in Bray I suppose it's too far from town.

Actually, the original Porterhouse sounds real good to me but as it's in Bray I suppose it's too far from town.

Ok I didn't actually know that's where THE original porterhouse was. Ah parliament street, now the name of the blooming street comes to my mind, twas just distinguishing it from one on Nassau Street. This is why I should never organise things.

You gonna come to Kennedys anyway??

Because I worked for Fitzsimons I cannot drink in their bars. Is the poll closed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Kennedys is cool... We have the boards drama group meetings there... good selection of bears.

• Advertisement

Kennedys is cool... We have the boards drama group meetings there... good selection of bears.

Hope to see you there Monkeyfudge!! I owe you a drink and some emmm.... indian :D

Because I worked for Fitzsimons I cannot drink in their bars. Is the poll closed?

That's not true is it? cos you gotta come :)

trowelled wrote: »
    That's not true is it? cos you gotta come :)

It is unfortunately. I can't say here in a public forum what the story is though.

It is unfortunately. I can't say here in a public forum what the story is though.

Ok well we either have to get you a wig and sunglasses or you'll have to get on to Grimes bout a venue change!!

OK this obviously isnt working.Me and Trowelled were talking. I know the Kennedys crowd dont want to have to travel into town and out of town again to have a drink. I know I certainly wouldnt be able to attend so thats that out, simularly Kennedys is out because posters cannot attend. Await a third option from Trowelled (it wont be the porterhouse! :) . Diageo only rules!) The current poll is void. New users can vote again!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement