Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding

• 27-07-2008 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

I know this has probably been said on boards a thousand times but wondering about wedding gift ideas. If the couple haven't suggested a gift list what should I get or will a cheque be appropriate?

I was contemplating a cheque for about E100? Any better ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I'd nearly always go with the cash myself. They'll probably be sick of getting ornaments and household.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I found this place http://www.giftvouchershop.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,049 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Apparently it's e100 cash - this is what my auntie is telling everybody to give her kid who's getting married and mammy and daddy are footing the entire bill!:confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

If the couple don't have a guest list and haven't requested no presents, then money is probably the most appropriate gift. The "standard" rate is about €100 per person (€200 per couple) but I don't think anyone would expect a student or someone on low income to give this amount. Similarly most close family members would give a lot more.

This topic comes up a lot on soc > weddings&marraige if you want to read some more opinions

p.s. I think it's a little cheeky of your auntie. €100 is one of those things that is implicity understood without being said outright.

Advertisement