Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scanning. where?

Options
  • 27-07-2008 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

Hi sorry mods, I know there is probably a better forum than AH for this but I just don't have time to find it.

Can anyone recommend the best place in dublin to get pictures scanned from books at hi res (for thesis) that i can then take away on a disk key and copy and paste into a word document?? The place needs to be able to resize them for me, not charge loads, scan at high quality and possibly print them for me later...any help on this one would be very much appreciated..

thanks folks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

The Thesis Centre maybe? You would imagine that they would at least be able to point you int the right direction if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,093 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

any University or IT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Overheal wrote: »
    any University?
    any except the largest one in the country apparenly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Personal scanners aren't expensive and most will do a pretty good job on hi-res.

Places like Hackett on Baggot st. will do this. Bear in mind that any company will look at copyright issues and may require you to have some form of permission to reproduce what's in the book.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

McDonalds on Jervis St.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Reads on Nassu(sp?) Street

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved.

Advertisement