Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Outer Bypass

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Ckal

That's pretty cool, thanks! :)

Question. Would that be Motorway status or just National Primary?

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Pie in the Sky. Might see it by 2030...maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Just looking at that, who the f@*k planned an outer ring road without a junction onto the Tuam road ???

Look closely and if you zoom in, there are some minor roads with junctions onto it, but none marked for the Tuam road.
    I assume that's a mistake on the drawing, but you never can account for the stupidity of the public service.

Anyway, as said above, pie in the sky, especially with the cutbacks we're gonna have in the next couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Just looking at that, who the f@*k planned an outer ring road without a junction onto the Tuam road ???

Look closely and if you zoom in, there are some minor roads with junctions onto it, but none marked for the Tuam road.
    I assume that's a mistake on the drawing, but you never can account for the stupidity of the public service.

Anyway, as said above, pie in the sky, especially with the cutbacks we're gonna have in the next couple of years.

It was the NRA, ( IDIOTS) who planned it.
    They moved the proposed N/M17 to Athenry because
    " they thought it was unfair on the minority of motorists who would not be going to Galway to make them go towards the City."
    On getting on the by-pass from the N17
    " The bypass can easily be accesed by using the new N/M 17 at the junction near Athenry" I don't know who is worse, the NRA or local Politicians who back the NRA's plan. maybe it's time we startd electing competent people to represent us. The Motorway is going right through Limerick City with good access to the City, yet it's passing more than 10 miles east of Galway City with limited access. This farce is apparently good enough for us.:mad:
    One prominent politican ( in Goverment ) even wants us to believe that the road to Athenry from Tuam will solve the Claregalway fiasco and thus, no need to " waste money on a bypass"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

galwayrush wrote: »
    It was the NRA, ( IDIOTS) who planned it.
    They moved the proposed N/M17 to Athenry because
    " they thought it was unfair on the minority of motorists who would not be going to Galway to make them go towards the City."
    On getting on the by-pass from the N17
    " The bypass can easily be accesed by using the new N/M 17 at the junction near Athenry" I don't know who is worse, the NRA or local Politicians who back the NRA's plan. maybe it's time we startd electing competent people to represent us. The Motorway is going right through Limerick City with good access to the City, yet it's passing more than 10 miles east of Galway City with limited access. This farce is apparently good enough for us.:mad:
    One prominent politican ( in Goverment ) even wants us to believe that the road to Athenry from Tuam will solve the Claregalway fiasco and thus, no need to " waste money on a bypass"

The minority of those travelling from Tuam, north Galway and south east Mayo to work in Limerick or the minority travelling from there on the weekend to go to Gort for a days shopping ? :mad:

Its pathetic really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

BUMP

So what are the odds of this thing being built? and if it was built do you think the council would have to touch any roundabouts as they may actually run at their designed capacity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

Its unlikely to go ahead anytime soon.

This is the real cost of our current economic woes. At a time when we were finally catching up with the rest of the world in terms of infrastructure, we're now standing still and a lot of badly needed projects will now be on hold or will never materialise.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

I found it so hypocritical or pathetic of Eamon O Cuiv to be lamenting that FG-Labour won't pay for this bypass among other roads projects on local radio this week.

When will it get into the skulls of people that this country is bankrupt, living beyond its means, and there is no money in the coffers of the State?

When will FF shut up and admit that they bankrupt this country with their rotten developer and banker buddies?

When will they admit that some of their Ministers (and Taoisigh) were corrupt, taking back-handers at any given opportunity?

This bypass won't see the light of day for a long, long time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

BESman wrote: »
    Its unlikely to go ahead anytime soon.

This is the real cost of our current economic woes. At a time when we were finally catching up with the rest of the world in terms of infrastructure, we're now standing still and a lot of badly needed projects will now be on hold or will never materialise.

I'd argue the real cost of our economic woes is the social cost in terms of emigration, repossessions, unemployment, suicides..not some piece of infrastructure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

What's the coat of the proposed scheme?
    And is it a ppp with shadow tolls or how is being proposed to be financed?
    In tried searching about but came up empty handed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

snubbleste wrote: »
    I'd argue the real cost of our economic woes is the social cost in terms of emigration, repossessions, unemployment, suicides..not some piece of infrastructure.

I would include this very important piece of infrastructure in the list .

Advertisement